Coronavirus issues - what are you cancelling, changing, buying?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have you made any changes due to the Coronavirus or are you planning to?

cancelled a holiday?
bought more dry pasta?

is it influencing where you shop (because you’re avoiding crowds)
or where you eat out? where you bring your kids (soft play etc) ?

I read today that restaurants are being hit hard with both corporate cancellations and the fact more people are staying home out of fear.

There was even a family who are thinking of cancelling their wedding in Italy next month 🙁

I’m interested to see if anyone has made any big decisions off the back of the virus outbreak?

(Supermarket stock piling aside 😂
I wanna know if anyone is cancelling holidays or nights out or turning down invitations to Sandra’s wedding or little Ronnie’s soft play party!)

Reactions: 1
Well I’ve decided not to go to Ikea next week.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I cancelled my diet. I figure the more layers of fat I have the better, should I have to quarantine.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 117
My son has autism so I've stocked up on the very limited foods he eats.
Our local supermarket is out of hand wash, anti bac and toilet roll. We don't even have a case in our county.

Reactions: 14
Have you made any changes due to the Coronavirus or are you planning to?

cancelled a holiday?
bought more dry pasta?

is it influencing where you shop (because you’re avoiding crowds)
or where you eat out? where you bring your kids (soft play etc) ?

I read today that restaurants are being hit hard with both corporate cancellations and the fact more people are staying home out of fear.

There was even a family who are thinking of cancelling their wedding in Italy next month 🙁

I’m interested to see if anyone has made any big decisions off the back of the virus outbreak?
Good thread!
I personally haven't, yet. Not to say I won't if there are more cases/deaths here. I was doing a food shop tonight and the guy in front of me had 2 multi packs of 9 toilet rolls, 4 dettols and a lot of tins.

My brother who is a manager at a hotel told me earlier that conferences for the next 3 months have been cancelling and his next business trip in May has also been postponed. So I can understand that there will be a lot of losses in revenue for a lot of companies.

Shame if someone has to cancel their wedding. All that planning and money spent, hopefully they have insurance which would cover it...but then guests travel and time off etc, so much goes into a wedding and not just by the couple 😣

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Good thread!
I personally haven't, yet. Not to say I won't if there are more cases/deaths here. I was doing a food shop tonight and the guy in front of me had 2 multi packs of 9 toilet rolls, 4 details and a lot of tins.

My brother who is a manager at a hotel told me earlier that conferences for the next 3 months have been cancelling and his next business trip in May has also been postponed. So I can understand that there will be a lot of losses in revenue for a lot of companies.

Shame if someone has to cancel their wedding. All that planning and money spent, hopefully they have insurance which would cover it...but then guests travel and time off etc, so much goes into a wedding and not just by the couple 😣
I was reading similar earlier, especially after the postponed rugby match in Ireland has caused so many cancelled bookings In restaurants/hotels.

I’m embarrassed to say I forgot it was much more serious than one weekend being hit, even if the Patricks day celebrations are cancelled, the corporate no-fly rule is going to effect a lot of businesses for a long time.

obviously this isn’t just about Ireland, it was just an article I saw about the RWC! 🤣

Restaurants in Ireland have seen a dramatic fall-off in corporate bookings due to the impact of COVID-19 as large companies and multinationals based in Ireland issue bans on staff travel and meetings.

Mike Ryan who runs five restaurants in Limerick and Cork told the Irish Examiner they have seen an 80% drop in corporate bookings in recent days.

"The corporate sector already has a no-fly rule in place and because Cork is already a hub for multinationals such as Pfizer or Apple so we have seen a huge drop off in businesses," he said.

Mr Ryan’’s restaurants include the Cornstore and Coqbull and said this week alone they have lost two bookings for groups of 45 people, one for a group of 30 and two more for groups of 15.

"It is same all over the country. You have big companies like Google in Dublin and it is the same there. The government is going to have to help stimulate the hospitality sector."

"Once confidence drops, the hospitality sector is the first thing to get hit. It’s a pretty dramatic drop off in the space of two weeks," Mr Ryan said.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I’m just encouraging people to invest while the stock markets down and I’ve put a couple of bottles of alcohol gel out for people to use.

Went to our local (fairly big) supermarket today and there was no hand soap left on the shelves and I seen a woman with no less than 12 loaves in her trolley... she could have been catering something, I’ve no idea but in the context of all this panic buying I just assumed she was going to chuck them in the freezer.

I’m in Scotland so it all seems a bit daft when we’ve had less than 20 confirmed cases. Folk are mental.

Reactions: 8
I did a stock take of my house and have accumulated ten bottles of bleach, umpteen hand washes, seven bags of pasta, pasta sauces, plenty of couscous, eight tins of beans, fifteen packs of baby wipes, 300 nappies. I think we are ready for lock down.
This is what happens when you don’t check what you’ve got before doing a shop 🤦‍♀️

in terms of changing my everyday habits, I am due to go away soon and considering cancelling. I was supposed to go to the health centre for a routine check, which I cancelled. I won’t use a trolly in the supermarket. I buy a lot of stuff online, but have cut back. I cancelled my salon appointment for next week. I don’t want to spend money if we have to be off and need to pay the mortgage.

I’ve not checked the medicine box yet, but I suspect I’ll have enough medicine to sink a battleship.

Reactions: 4
I stocked up on food 2 weeks ago! Tins, pasta, rice, frozen food, calpol & ibuprofen, animal food.

We’re sorted 😂

Reactions: 1
I did a stock take of my house and have accumulated ten bottles of bleach, umpteen hand washes, seven bags of pasta, pasta sauces, plenty of couscous, eight tins of beans, fifteen packs of baby wipes, 300 nappies. I think we are ready for lock down.
This is what happens when you don’t check what you’ve got before doing a shop 🤦‍♀️

in terms of changing my everyday habits, I am due to go away soon and considering cancelling. I was supposed to go to the health centre for a routine check, which I cancelled. I won’t use a trolly in the supermarket. I buy a lot of stuff online, but have cut back. I cancelled my salon appointment for next week. I don’t want to spend money if we have to be off and need to pay the mortgage.
this sounds like an episode of “ready steady cook“ 🤪
I'm assuming someone remembers ready steady cook 😆😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’ve bought extra paracetamol, sweets and lucazade. Clearly sugar will get me through this 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Will be heading to the shops tomorrow to stock up. Mainly because I do my food shops online and I know for a fact I’ll be missing half my shop. I also have a toddler to feed so I’d rather play it safe and know I have food in, than go to the shop and the shelves are bare..

Reactions: 5
Also never been so excited to text family and friends to get to the local boots as they had hand gel in this morning 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I cancelled my diet. I figure the more layers of fat I have the better, should I have to quarantine.
I’ve bought extra paracetamol, sweets and lucazade. Clearly sugar will get me through this 😂
if we survive the corona..... diabetes and obesity will be a breeze 🤪
Side note: this is me doing a funny,...I am in no way saying diabetes is caused by luco and haribo.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Have filled the freezer And bought extra loo roll.

Not sure why I have bought extra loo roll but everyone else is so joined in the fun!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don’t want to have to buy 12 packs of toilet roll but might have to because a few idiots have ran out to panic buy it all 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I don’t want to have to buy 12 packs of toilet roll but might have to because a few idiots have ran out to panic buy it all 🤦🏼‍♀️
when I say I bought extra, I bought and extra pack of four rolls. I already have four in the cupboard...not exactly hoarding territory yet! 🤣

Reactions: 2