Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #90

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What have we done to our elderly.
I have seen so many of these photos and what the last year has done to those shut away in homes. Did anyone ask them what they wanted to do? How many died due to loneliness.
So sad. By time my Nan was allowed visitors late summer, she was completely vacant/blank and my Grandad had to visit her with a screen between them and he couldn't see her due to the reflection which confused him too. Its all been hugely cruel and I doubt my Nan would have preferred that end of life choice over a risk of getting covid but hey. I do get the risks but there needed to be something done months before it has been

• Sad
Reactions: 9

This government have done some U turns in their time but it was six days ago (last Friday) that twice a week free testing for everyone started and there is already talk of it ending. I think it would be a good thing as I hate it all coming in plastic that ends up God knows where when it cannot be recycled though. It makes you think about the vaccine passports though because if they go back to having to have symptoms to be allowed a test but the person doesn't want a vaccine, they won't get in to places unless the VP idea gets scrapped like it should.

Reactions: 4
At some point the testing on non symptomatic people has to stop completely.
Trying to get any other test from your GP is like getting blood out of a stone and that’s when you are displaying symptoms of illness/disease.
This constant testing of healthy people has to stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
What have we done to our elderly.
I have seen so many of these photos and what the last year has done to those shut away in homes. Did anyone ask them what they wanted to do? How many died due to loneliness.
People have been left to die in care homes and in their own homes for years without family bothering to visit, maybe covid has made some feel guilty

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I'm so truly sorry to anyone who's lost anyone because of this pandemic. My first loss was my Grandma in 2015, I absolutely adored the bones of her and was so so close to her. When she passed it tore right through me, she had double pneumonia which she caught in hospital when admitted for another health issue. Luckily at the end she was on very high levels of morphine so passed in her sleep at 4 in the morning. It broke my heart she was alone at that point, my Dad and Aunt saw her every single day even though mentally they could tell she had already passed on. I like to think my Grandad was waiting for her. I don't think she would have coped with this pandemic, if she had lived.

It makes me angry that the government decided peoples fates in care homes so early on. Yes it's very complicated how they could've managed the risk and exposure, it's not easy. But the lack of testing and sending people back from hospitals with staff having no access to PPE was nothing short of a tragic and fatal mistake.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I'm so truly sorry to anyone who's lost anyone because of this pandemic. My first loss was my Grandma in 2015, I absolutely adored the bones of her and was so so close to her. When she passed it tore right through me, she had double pneumonia which she caught in hospital when admitted for another health issue. Luckily at the end she was on very high levels of morphine so passed in her sleep at 4 in the morning. It broke my heart she was alone at that point, my Dad and Aunt saw her every single day even though mentally they could tell she had already passed on. I like to think my Grandad was waiting for her. I don't think she would have coped with this pandemic, if she had lived.

It makes me angry that the government decided peoples fates in care homes so early on. Yes it's very complicated how they could've managed the risk and exposure, it's not easy. But the lack of testing and sending people back from hospitals with staff having no access to PPE was nothing short of a tragic and fatal mistake.
The majority of care homes in this country are privately owned, how in those cases is lack of PPE the government’s fault?

Reactions: 6
The majority of care homes in this country are privately owned, how in those cases is lack of PPE the government’s fault?
I think at the start of the pandemic the Gov bought all the PPE that was available everyone was asked to leave PPE for front line hospital staff only

Reactions: 3

Pfizer are wanting to milk their expensive to buy vaccine as much as possible.
I think from next year you will have to pay for them unless you are at risk just like usual flu vaccines. Government won't foot the bill forever and is a great business method scaring people half to death and then charging for the protection

My uncle died in a care home a year ago and we didn’t even know he was ill until the night before he died. He died alone with no family around him. His sister came from Edinburgh for his funeral and couldn’t even join my gran for a cuppa to celebrate their brother

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Does that mean it’s causing haemorrhaging Heparin’s a blood thinner isn’t it?
Yes, the reaction attacks the platelets in the blood which can lead to hemorrhaging (this is also a feature in Covid deaths). Simultaneously it's inducing an opposite reaction and causing clots in various areas of the body.
It's unusual to see the two things happen together, hence they know it's a specific vaccine caused reaction, rather than if people just developed blood clots, which could be harder to link directly to the vaccine (or at least solely), as they are more common. It makes for interesting reading.

Yes, the reaction attacks the platelets in the blood which can lead to hemorrhaging (this is also a feature in Covid deaths). Simultaneously it's inducing an opposite reaction and causing clots in various areas of the body.
It's unusual to see the two things happen together, hence they know it's a specific vaccine caused reaction, rather than if people just developed blood clots, which could be harder to link directly to the vaccine (or at least solely), as they are more common. It makes for interesting reading.
So not just your everyday blood clot this is very rare, so why is Hancock comparing it to a clot you’d experience on a long haul flight or from taking the pill! ...Just to build public confidence id assume.

AB1C88FA-6B17-42CA-9F99-5E83024028E2.jpeg

Reactions: 1
So not just your everyday blood clot this is very rare, so why is Hancock comparing it to a clot you’d experience on a long haul flight or from taking the pill! ...Just to build public confidence id assume.

View attachment 531640
I think it is compared to clots from birth control for example as the risk is much higher from them and millions of women take it every day.

The point is this vaccine side effect is rare. And it is a risk that has to be weighed up

Reactions: 2

Pfizer are wanting to milk their expensive to buy vaccine as much as possible.
We’ve already been told we will be having a booster in September/October. I’m a bit on the fence about whether I’d want it, but I’ll probably have it as didn’t have any major issues with Pfizer.

I think it is compared to clots from birth control for example as the risk is much higher from them and millions of women take it every day.

The point is this vaccine side effect is rare. And it is a risk that has to be weighed up
Yes but it comes across like the disease is the same , it's 50/50 with a vaccine anyway .

Keeping it in the family

In March half of infected people had no symptoms and twice weekly testing will make for more of the same ,how will the economy thrive with that amount of people having to take time off work when they don’t feel ill

Last edited:

View attachment 531640
This is why I personally dislike the comparisons with blood clots from other medications. I feel the two things are not directly comparable (although I suppose it works as a simplistic, generalised way of looking at side affect percentages).

That said, given the numbers of people affected, it is rare so they aren't wrong to reassure the public. Being cautious going forward in terms of who is offered AZ is sensible whilst research is ongoing. Other countries seem to be taking a more cautious approach than the UK and I would be interested in knowing the reasoning behind these decisions. So, whether other countries are being over cautious.

This is why I personally dislike the comparisons with blood clots from other medications. I feel the two things are not directly comparable (although I suppose it works as a simplistic, generalised way of looking at side affect percentages).

That said, given the numbers of people affected, it is rare so they aren't wrong to reassure the public. Being cautious going forward in terms of who is offered AZ is sensible whilst research is ongoing. Other countries seem to be taking a more cautious approach than the UK and I would be interested in knowing the reasoning behind these decisions. So, whether other countries are being over cautious.
Of course it's a sensible approach I can't understand people that think it's not ... That's the strangest thing of all , why cancel your way out of a pandemic without good reason , makes you wonder do they know more than they're letting on .

We’ve already been told we will be having a booster in September/October. I’m a bit on the fence about whether I’d want it, but I’ll probably have it as didn’t have any major issues with Pfizer.
I think uptake on a third jab later this year will be lower than current rates by a fair bit. Some still won't have it even if they haven't previously been jabbed. Some will decline due to a reaction from a previous vaccine. Some will look at the death rate and hospital admissions at the time and not want it. Some will feel two jabs is enough for the same calendar year that they will already have a good legal of antibodies.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.