Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #90

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The majority of care homes in this country are privately owned, how in those cases is lack of PPE the government’s fault?
I was under the impression the government still supplied private care homes with PPE for a price, if I'm wrong I apologise, I don't know much about it.

Aww I'd take him on a night out, he probably would be one of those people breakdancing to ABBA by the end of the night :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This is actually mental, I’m aware I’ll upset so many here but between the Oxford tit, the J&J tit, now three jabs in a year? And annually after.

I’m close to rejecting the whole thing at this point.

CEO Albert Bourla also said annual vaccinations against the coronavirus may well be required.

"We need to see what would be the sequence, and for how often we need to do that, that remains to be seen," Mr Bourla told CNBC in an interview recorded on 1 April and broadcast last night.

"A likely scenario is that there will be likely a need for a third dose, somewhere between six and 12 months and then from there, there will be an annual revaccination, but all of that needs to be confirmed," he said, adding that variants will play a "key role."

"It is extremely important to suppress the pool of people that can be susceptible to the virus," he said.

Researchers currently do not know how long vaccines provide protection against the coronavirus.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I honestly wonder how they plan to manage the annual jabs, especially if they’re all around the same time. Even if you narrow it down to the most vulnerable groups that’s still a lot of people

Reactions: 2
I thought they were planning to combine covid with the annual flu vaccination? One for each arm 😂🥴

Reactions: 1
I can understand wanting to give a yearly booster to protect against variants, the same as the annual flu jab. This can be offered to those who currently are offered the flu jab, i.e the elderly and the vulnerable.
But annual vaccinations for the whole population, not a chance.

Reactions: 10
Those of you who have had your vaccine did you have to sign anything, tick boxes etc were you given a booklet or anything?

There seems to be many who had nothing and those who had a lot of info. Wondered if it depends on where and how it was booked etc?

Reactions: 5
Those of you who have had your vaccine did you have to sign anything, tick boxes etc were you given a booklet or anything?

There seems to be many who had nothing and those who had a lot of info. Wondered if it depends on where and how it was booked etc?
I declined it, i am 32 but am entitled due to having bipolar so it meets the severe mental illness criteria. A friend of mine said when she went you get to sit and read through the info and ask questions and are free to change your mind and leave but another friend said she was in and out within minutes. Maybe it depends on the vaccine type 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4

I had it via work (NHS), I was given two sheets of paper requiring signature of consent with check boxes eg date of any last vaccination, current meds, allergies to specific ingredients, pregnant etc. All then discussed and checked verbally and I was also advised what to expect re possible side effects. Given an information booklet and a several page A4 document. Stayed in a monitored hospital waiting room for 20 minutes afterwards. This was the case for both doses.
Edited to add I’m in Scotland.

Reactions: 2

I was in and out in minutes didn't have to sign anything or read through anything got a booklet afterwards ,my GP rang me to make an appointment so had it at the surgery, was only asked if I had any allergies that required an epipen.

Last edited:

Didnt have to sign anything or tick boxes. The lady who administered it did ask me questions, and seemed to be filling out a form on her computer. I was given a leaflet just with side effects detailed etc.

We are well ahead of schedule here regaurding vaccines. Two of my friends, both 30 have booked theirs for today and tomorrow. Neither of them have any underlying health problems.

• Wow
Didnt have to sign anything or tick boxes. The lady who administered it did ask me questions, and seemed to be filling out a form on her computer. I was given a leaflet just with side effects detailed etc.
I was the same. Had my temperature taken before I walked into the building and at that time was told what vaccine they were administering that day.

Some details were confirmed like name and stuff at the station and then I was jabbed. Then given a leaflet.

Had my temp checked with one of those gun things the other day and it was 34 degrees 😂 They’re not accurate at all I don’t know why places bother with them. The person doing it didn’t seem concerned that I was clearly close to death with hypothermia according to my temp.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

I had to sign a consent form prior to the jab and a tick box sheet to say I wasn’t breastfeeding , pregnant , allergies , reactions to jabs

I had to sign a consent form prior to the jab and a tick box sheet to say I wasn’t breastfeeding , pregnant , allergies , reactions to jabs
Is this only for healthcare workers ? I didn't have to sign anything

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.