Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #90

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Vaccine passports are looking increasingly likely
Britain is stopping under 30s having the Oxford AZ vaccination due to blood clot fears
Numbers of cases, infections and hospitalisations are going down
Twice weekly lateral flow tests are optional

Previous thread:

Reactions: 4

Food for thought.
The odds of getting toxic shock syndrome from using tampons is apparently 1 in 100,000. Shall we ban tampons as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Food for thought.
I do agree with the sentiment of the article around the risks of the pill are more generally accepted because they aren’t endangering men (and enable them to have carefree unprotected sex without any adverse health effects!)

Then a vaccine with a lower risk comes along, but obvs we can’t have MEN being at risk, not the men, please no!

Was going to write it earlier but didn’t want to get my angry feminist hat out here 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Is anyone a hairdresser? Is there rules on how many children you can take to have their hair done or is it up to the salon? Tempted to do it myself 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I've always been 100% give me the vaccine right now please. But after today's news I'm considering turning down if I am offered AZ. My local GP seems to be dealing in pfizer so I'm hoping I'd get that. I'm 26

Yes I'm on the contraceptive pill, which has a higher risk, and I'm overweight. But it feels different somehow? If they've publicly said we should get an alternative I'm a bit wary... I think the pill feels different as I can stop taking it on my own. The vaccine I can't....

I'm just hoping by the time I get to vaccination there'll be more options 🤞

Edited to add: I also feel wary as the majority of over 30s aren't vaccinated yet, so who's to say the risk isn't much higher? I don't feel like finding out...

I do agree with the sentiment of the article around the risks of the pill are more generally accepted because they aren’t endangering men (and enable them to have carefree unprotected sex without any adverse health effects!)

Then a vaccine with a lower risk comes along, but obvs we can’t have MEN being at risk, not the men, please no!

Was going to write it earlier but didn’t want to get my angry feminist hat out here 😅
Fellow angry feminist here!! We need to meet in real life one day and have a good feminist rant.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
There are no vaccine passports yet in the US.

This is typical "boogeyman" politics by the Republicans. Abbott is up for re-election next year and he messed up badly in the beginning of this year with what happened in Texas so he needs something to come out against.

Do you know whats annoying too? Apparently there are higher numbers of young women getting blood clots from the vaccine too but they haven't mentioned that! Only "under 30s" ?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
No one in Government cares about women. Particularly this Govt.

The hardest hit sectors with little to no financial support have been female led businesses: weddings, beauty, hair etc. We were also forced to take all the load of childcare and our households during the pandemic.

It doesn't surprise me that they suddenly care about clots when they didnt give a shite about the higher risk from the pill.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Considering we have Priti Patel as the face of women at the forefront of our government right now I wouldn’t say we have the best representation 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 16

I did chuckle at some of those social media posts, especially the first one. Imagine telling someone your boyfriend is so old he had the AZ vaccine haha.

I did chuckle at some of those social media posts, especially the first one. Imagine telling someone your boyfriend is so old he had the AZ vaccine haha.
Do you spend all day on the Daily Mail site? 🤣

• Haha
There are no vaccine passports yet in the US.

This is typical "boogeyman" politics by the Republicans. Abbott is up for re-election next year and he messed up badly in the beginning of this year with what happened in Texas so he needs something to come out against.

Do you know whats annoying too? Apparently there are higher numbers of young women getting blood clots from the vaccine too but they haven't mentioned that! Only "under 30s" ?
NY have rolled out an Excelsior Pass a digital proof of vaccine even though the Whitehouse are against them.

Does this mean people with underlying health conditions will still get the AZ ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Do you spend all day on the Daily Mail site? 🤣
No I post from a shitload of different places but if you don't like the link you can choose to ignore it or post from another site like this.

Herd immunity reached next week so with that even if we dropped all rules we should be fine.

Reactions: 5
NY have rolled out an Excelsior Pass a digital proof of vaccine even though the Whitehouse are against them.

How about just stop offering AZ given its clearly not safe and very likely even more unsafe than they are currently admitting. Van Tam looked really uncomfortable and shifty as duck during that press conference today.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

I meant at federal level - I think he mentioned them being Bidens plan in one of his statements. The White House have ruled that out now (realistically its probably because they dont have the infrastructure). I should have been more clear.

I think AZ will be pushed out to clinically vulnerable still! Possibly because the benefit for them out weighs the risk of the blood clot issue?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.