Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #90

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
100% agree with this. As I’ve mentioned before, my papa recently died. I haven’t seen him in a year because of COVID, and now he’s not here. I won’t be so strict anymore - like if my mum asks me to her house for dinner I will go. I’m not living my life like this anymore. Grieving alone has been really difficult too (fully understand I’m not the only person in this position)
I'm sorry for your loss 💕. I went through the same with my grandparents (parents died a few years ago now) and I hadn't seen my Nan since March 2020 and she died so when my Grandad started to go downhill I decided to ignore lockdown and see him before I couldn't ever again, which came pretty soon after my Nan as he just gave up. I'm not saying I go round gallivanting but I do choose my own risks now and have 0 regrets about seeing my Grandad x

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Hi all
Have really not been keeping up with this thread much. The last night I looked it was filled with arguments, lol. How is reopening going in the UK?

We went in the opposite way last week in my province - restaurants are closed for dine-in again and gyms closed. We are still averaging over 1,000 cases a day. Deaths are lower though which I think is due to the vaccines. More restrictions may be coming in if numbers don't lower asap - likely personal care services closed. This really seems like the last push before vaccines really take off. They are still expecting anyone who wants it to have their first vaccine by the end of June. The province is doing close to 40,000 vaccines a day which isn't too bad.

Restrictions aside, I had a nice day. I went to the mall for the first time in a while and it was quiet. I got a new dress from Zara, some makeup and body bits 😁

Reactions: 5
I'm sorry for your loss 💕. I went through the same with my grandparents (parents died a few years ago now) and I hadn't seen my Nan since March 2020 and she died so when my Grandad started to go downhill I decided to ignore lockdown and see him before I couldn't ever again, which came pretty soon after my Nan as he just gave up. I'm not saying I go round gallivanting but I do choose my own risks now and have 0 regrets about seeing my Grandad x
Thank you, I am very sorry for yours too. You made the right decision for you, and I’m so glad you got to spend some time with him 🥰❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
That’s it - it comes to a point when we should be able to risk assess ourselves in certain situations - as adults. My husband doesn’t live near his family so it’s not like the can do it often anyway, and needs this time!
I think this is spot on.
My partners dad has Alzheimers and this year has been hell for him not being able to see him. In the end, we've decided to risk assess our own situation, he gets tested 3 times a week for his job anyway and I work from home and don't go out anywhere. We've decided it's more important to see him now than wait goodness knows how long and him be in a far worse state than he is at the moment.

Edited to add that we aren't seeing him in his house or doing it every single day. Just when is needed and appropriate.

Reactions: 13
Hi all
Have really not been keeping up with this thread much. The last night I looked it was filled with arguments, lol. How is reopening going in the UK?

We went in the opposite way last week in my province - restaurants are closed for dine-in again and gyms closed. We are still averaging over 1,000 cases a day. Deaths are lower though which I think is due to the vaccines. More restrictions may be coming in if numbers don't lower asap - likely personal care services closed. This really seems like the last push before vaccines really take off. They are still expecting anyone who wants it to have their first vaccine by the end of June. The province is doing close to 40,000 vaccines a day which isn't too bad.

Restrictions aside, I had a nice day. I went to the mall for the first time in a while and it was quiet. I got a new dress from Zara, some makeup and body bits 😁
It seems to be going okay so far 🤞🏻 The roadmap out of lockdown is going ahead as planned. At the start of this week non-essential retail opened, salons, gyms, pubs and restaurants for outdoor dining/drinking and places like zoos and theme parks.

That’s a shame things are going the opposite way there, hope that the situation will improve as more people are vaccinated. Glad to hear you had a good day at the mall, I’m putting off going to the shops this week as the queues and crowds are quite big.

Reactions: 3
It will be my uncle’s anniversary on Saturday. He was in a care home and we didn’t know he was ill until the night before he died. Breaks my heart the elderly in the care homes are being forgotten about.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Some people should stop scaremongering lies about a country that doesn't concern them.
Isn’t the uk variant the one that’s causing a problem in Canada. This guy is talking out of his derrière

Reactions: 2
Why are the EU buying millions of the Pfizer vaccine at quite a cost when more people have had clots than with av

See no one sharing this positive article that 82% of positive asymptomatic lateral flow tests were correct since the 8th March
That’s actually lower than I thought it would be! That’s still 18% chance of having a false positive which seems low but if you imagine testing on a mass scale that’s a lot of people....

Reactions: 1
That’s actually lower than I thought it would be! That’s still 18% chance of having a false positive which seems low but if you imagine testing on a mass scale that’s a lot of people....
I’ve seen crazy figures thrown around over them 😂

Agree, it would be highly annoying to get a false positive but hopefully a quick PCR test and you would be released back into the world!

I’ve seen crazy figures thrown around over them 😂

Agree, it would be highly annoying to get a false positive but hopefully a quick PCR test and you would be released back into the world!
That’s true ... in the scheme of things it’s not a huge inconvenience but I’d imagine for example say you took a test the day before your wedding and it was a false positive, I’d be pretty peeved 😂 The sacrifice we make for “knowing” I suppose!

That’s it - it comes to a point when we should be able to risk assess ourselves in certain situations - as adults. My husband doesn’t live near his family so it’s not like the can do it often anyway, and needs this time!
My mother's regular bridge four effectively declared themselves to be an extended 'support bubble' because that was a more regular occurrence than visits from their now (as we all had to move for work) non local families. Though they are in a smaller-town area so less crowded by default.
So the kids have been staying away - fine for a while but can't go on like that.

I am more than willing to poke somebody with a stick if they look like they are going to breathe near me but I have no problem with a small group of already-careful people agreeing amongst themselves to do this and not imposing it on anyone else - they are in the shielding' category so there's pretty much nobody being put at risk that isn't already fully masked-up and hazmatted.

Aside from not daring to argue with mother anyway I do wonder how anyof them drove home safely after sitting in a fog of hand sanitiser alcohol for a couple of hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.