Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JLXRD

VIP Member

Food for thought.
I do agree with the sentiment of the article around the risks of the pill are more generally accepted because they aren’t endangering men (and enable them to have carefree unprotected sex without any adverse health effects!)

Then a vaccine with a lower risk comes along, but obvs we can’t have MEN being at risk, not the men, please no!

Was going to write it earlier but didn’t want to get my angry feminist hat out here 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Tbh with covid, unless you live on your own and never leave your house everyone is selfish 😂

So sick of the judgements 😂
It’s almost laughable how it’s now ‘selfish’ to want to see family, friends, go clothes shopping, the pub, more than one person going to tesco or even go on a bloody holiday. I can’t wait until this ludicrous judgment on basic human behaviours stops.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
It’s almost laughable how it’s now ‘selfish’ to want to see family, friends, go clothes shopping, the pub, more than one person going to tesco or even go on a bloody holiday. I can’t wait until this ludicrous judgment on basic human behaviours stops.
I get so pissed off seeing comments like “third lockdown soon!” Because there are pictures of people doing things that are legally allowed like having a pint outside! Do these people who say stuff like that want us to be in lockdown forever? It’s getting old now...

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Bleugh I can't deal with the news or people who shame people for queuing for shops or pubs or hairdressers or whatever the damn hell they can do today. We are allowed to do this and if you feel safe doing it bloody go for it. If cases rise but hospitalisations and deaths don't then we are doing fine if you ask me. Already starting the doom and gloom for the 17th May and cases will rise because of indoor mixing, whilst this may be true you cannot keep people legally away from each other indoors forever! I am intrigued what they will do with social distancing.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Fudgecakes

Totally agree!!

Not related but there is so many things that will now impact people’s lives apart from Covid that mean we can’t just keep being locked up. My husbands nan looks likely to pass this week (not because of Covid) but because of lockdown he hasn’t seen her since Christmas 2019. It’s heartbreaking. There is a bigger picture of life now but I fear we’ve become so fixated on Covid we are in danger of forgetting that.
100% agree with this. As I’ve mentioned before, my papa recently died. I haven’t seen him in a year because of COVID, and now he’s not here. I won’t be so strict anymore - like if my mum asks me to her house for dinner I will go. I’m not living my life like this anymore. Grieving alone has been really difficult too (fully understand I’m not the only person in this position)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33

inkypinkyponky

VIP Member
Oh come on. I bet less then ten percent of holidays abroad are done for the purpose of seeing family. And seriously, if your mental health hinges on sitting on a beach with a cocktail you need to get a grip.
Speak for yourself, everyone deals with their mental health and physical health in different ways. Maybe you should stop judging situations that other people are in. The virtue signalling still going on is insane

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
Total 🔺️ but my friend and I were asked to leave a pub last night because we passed our salt to the table next to us. Not sure I'm gonna be in a rush to go out again if this is how strict places are 😔

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 32

Tublet83

VIP Member
Tbh with covid, unless you live on your own and never leave your house everyone is selfish 😂

So sick of the judgements 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 31

inkypinkyponky

VIP Member
I personally hope the mask culture sticks around. Not all of the time, but if you're ill I hope it becomes a bit more acceptable to wear a mask 🤷‍♀️
I hope it becomes acceptable to not drag yourself in to work spreading colds and other germs around because of sickness warnings.

Reactions: 30

cushtybert

VIP Member
Just had my first jab..how fitting that it’s also Chris Whittys birthday...nice to celebrate by having a little prick in his honour 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 28

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Cases will shoot up. It's inevitable once things fully reopen but as long as those cases don't become hospital admissions and deaths then it's nothing to worry about. We will always have to live alongside covid but we should definitely be able to get back to normal life even if case numbers do rise

• Heart
Reactions: 27

xoxo GG

VIP Member
I hope someone has laid a red carpet out ready for my arrival at work tonight because I look fabulous, freshly cut and dyed hair, my eyebrows have been waxed and tinted and I’ve finally had my lash lift and tint. I am sleep deprived but at least I look good doing it 💁🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
The harm that Sunak's idiotic Eat out to Help Out the Virus scheme did was immens.
Eat out to help out was not the reason infections spiked in September when schools returned... What’s the point in us being vaccinated now if we still can’t live our lives? They have to let us out and have a life at some point.. or do you want us to stay home forever?

• Heart
Reactions: 26

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
My Moms in hospital🙌🙌

She has been in for 8 days no. She is eating more and is on a drip as she was dehydrated when she went in. Haven't been in to see her as we are not allowed. Drs are saying it's a combination of dehydration and extreme fatigue and low heart rate but couldn't explain why the paramedics insisted she wasn't dehydrated.

They got called out again as my Stepdad couldn't rouse her properly. He did eventually and she got up. As she stood up, she had a head rush and fell over and that's when he called them. Again, they asked if she had been drinking😡

Anyway, they seem to think a drop in blood pressure caused the fall and her heart rate is lower than they expected.

She had the first vaccine already and tested negative for covid, however they are treating her as a patient with covid because she has a high temp and a cough

It's all jumbled as I'm tired and busy at work and trying to remember everything

• Sad
  • Heart

Monkeybum

VIP Member
Bless them. I fear they have a long way to go yet and “normality” may never return for them but I hope that once Derek is surrounded by family he will continue to improve. 🥰
I posted yesterday that my Dad was coming home after a year, can't believe Kate has had the same at the same time 🥰

Dad is obviously not better by any stretch after a day but within 24 hrs he is looking noticably brighter and more 'him'. It definitely does the world of good.

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
Oooh our first mention of Christmas being cancelled 🥴 we made it to April guys, not bad going 😂

• Haha

prinnygrace

VIP Member
The news is ridiculous. The risk is so minimal🙄 I’ll have one of the vaccinations that will be refused because of the media headlines pls 🙄😂

• Heart