Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #90

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this is spot on.
My partners dad has Alzheimers and this year has been hell for him not being able to see him. In the end, we've decided to risk assess our own situation, he gets tested 3 times a week for his job anyway and I work from home and don't go out anywhere. We've decided it's more important to see him now than wait goodness knows how long and him be in a far worse state than he is at the moment.

Edited to add that we aren't seeing him in his house or doing it every single day. Just when is needed and appropriate.
I totally think in this case it’s necessary! You can’t ever get time back and the longer you wait to be ‘allowed’ you don’t know what can happen in that time, people can get worse so quickly. I think that my husbands Nan was impacted by lockdown - being stuck in her flat all day, not getting out as much, not seeing people had caused her to deteriorate quicker.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Covid is 8 times more likely to cause rare brain clot than the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine, a study has found. It was also found that people infected with coronavirus are around 100 times more likely than normal to develop cerebral venous thrombosis (CVT), rare clotting disorder.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Maybe that's why the vaccines are causing the clots they trick the body into thinking it's fighting the virus ,must be an immune response in some people .

Reactions: 5
Maybe that's why the vaccines are causing the clots they trick the body into thinking it's fighting the virus ,must be an immune response in some people .
That was my understanding of it - I'm fairly sure there was some official stuff published to confirm that? Some people's responses were too strong or overtriggered or something so the body ends up damaging itself.
Unless that was only preliminary findings and I'm thinking of reports of reports of reports.

One of the reasons it was stated as 'linked to' not 'caused by' as it was indirect? Will need to find links to back all this up of course...

edit: BMJ seems to suggest they have now confirmed some of the specifics https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n954
pub'd 2021-04-12
"
Two teams of researchers have published detailed observations of patients who developed thrombotic thrombocytopenia after receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine and have speculated about a possible mechanism.12

Both groups suggest that the development of serious blood clots alongside falling levels of platelets is an immune response that resembles a rare reaction to the drug heparin, called heparin induced thrombocytopenia. The researchers have labelled the syndrome vaccine induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia.
"
I understand what is said but don't ask me to say any of those complicated words without a crib-sheet.

Last edited:
That was my understanding of it - I'm fairly sure there was some official stuff published to confirm that? Some people's responses were too strong or overtriggered or something so the body ends up damaging itself.
Unless that was only preliminary findings and I'm thinking of reports of reports of reports.

One of the reasons it was stated as 'linked to' not 'caused by' as it was indirect? Will need to find links to back all this up of course...

edit: BMJ seems to suggest they have now confirmed some of the specifics https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n954
pub'd 2021-04-12
"
Two teams of researchers have published detailed observations of patients who developed thrombotic thrombocytopenia after receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine and have speculated about a possible mechanism.12

Both groups suggest that the development of serious blood clots alongside falling levels of platelets is an immune response that resembles a rare reaction to the drug heparin, called heparin induced thrombocytopenia. The researchers have labelled the syndrome vaccine induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia.
"
I understand what is said but don't ask me to say any of those complicated words without a crib-sheet.
Does that mean it’s causing haemorrhaging Heparin’s a blood thinner isn’t it?

Does that mean it’s causing haemorrhaging Heparin’s a blood thinner isn’t it?
I don't get through a lot of heparin on a regular basis but there is mention of haemorraging in four of the patients which would seem to fit with the suggestion but anything beyond that will involve reading several paragraphs and not just doing a word search so it will have to wait until after I've been to the shops :p

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Some people should stop scaremongering lies about a country that doesn't concern them.

It's quite a bizarre thing for him to say. I'm not sure why we've triggered this response. Why should he care? Maybe he should concentrate on Canada's woes.

I can only think the likes of Trudeau and the European Union are using the UK as a distraction for their own incompetence's especially where the vaccine is concerned.

I'm not sure why. We've got he vaccine programme steaming along while they're all faffing about but we've still had bigger spikes and death rates so we've had more than our fair share of cock ups.

Reactions: 4
I don't like the bloke. He's been Professor Gloom to Valance as Professor Doom this whole time. We don't need to hear constant negativity. Nobody cares about calories when we go to a pub.

Not a good day for Boris who's been warned by his own watchdog that he should do what he plans on doing with passports......

Seems too late for vaccine passports now everything has started opening up.

What have we done to our elderly.
I have seen so many of these photos and what the last year has done to those shut away in homes. Did anyone ask them what they wanted to do? How many died due to loneliness.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 15
What have we done to our elderly.
I have seen so many of these photos and what the last year has done to those shut away in homes. Did anyone ask them what they wanted to do? How many died due to loneliness.
I can only begin to imagine the living horror of not being allowed to see a family member 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I can only begin to imagine the living horror of not being allowed to see a family member 😔
I lasted two months of the first lockdown. It just broke me not seeing the three grandchildren I have seen every day almost since they were born. We are inseparable. I could not do that again.. My heart breaks for those who are still locked away.

Just look for a post I made about the day I see the kids again we were just going to have a picnic and a walk but no hugs as yet

I met up with the kids yesterday we had it all planned and I had a huge blanket to wrap the kids in and hug them but that went out the window as I broke down like some baby.
I was ok when the eldest two ran over ( they get themselves out the car and mum was getting stuff and the baby out) we hugged in the blanket and laugh and snuggled, it just felt so lovely... but when the baby ran over her face was just alight with happiness and she threw herself at me I wrapped her in the blanket and we hugged and I lost it.. I propper cried ugly great big sobs and scared everyone to death and we were all crying them because nanny was crying.

Even my daughter cried and she is like me and nothing makes us cry. so our plan went out the window and we went walking and the baby just kept hugging me and kissing me. Sod it If I die I will die happy and not locked away .. so we are going to meet up once a week for a nice walk.

I went to bed last night at 8 and didn't wake up till 6 .. so slept really well so needed that visit so much.

We didn't even keep to the once a week walk. from then on I was back as childminder and having them stay over for weekends.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
[
I lasted two months of the first lockdown. It just broke me not seeing the three grandchildren I have seen every day almost since they were born. We are inseparable. I could not do that again..
My in laws live 5 mins away and have seen my children at least twice weekly since they were born. 2 months into the first lockdown my MIL was so upset by not seeing them they came to the garden and she looked broken. Basically she preferred the risk of getting covid than not seeing them. As soon as they allowed childcare bubbles (maybe June?) the kids started going there once a week again for dinner. we never had a conversation about it but a decision was pretty much made then that we were a bubble of our two families together and we didn't see anyone else. I know it wasn't to the rules but there it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve seen crazy figures thrown around over them 😂

Agree, it would be highly annoying to get a false positive but hopefully a quick PCR test and you would be released back into the world!
Not being paid while you wait is more than highly annoying for many people!

Reactions: 2
[

My in laws live 5 mins away and have seen my children at least twice weekly since they were born. 2 months into the first lockdown my MIL was so upset by not seeing them they came to the garden and she looked broken. Basically she preferred the risk of getting covid than not seeing them. As soon as they allowed childcare bubbles (maybe June?) the kids started going there once a week again for dinner. we never had a conversation about it but a decision was pretty much made then that we were a bubble of our two families together and we didn't see anyone else. I know it wasn't to the rules but there it is.
Glad she did what makes her happy and the children were suffering as well.

I see no point in being alive if you cannot live doing the things you love (as long as you are not endangering anyone else) I very much doubt I would have been around now had I been in a care place.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.