Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #81

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone here actually reported someone for a minor breach of the rules? I’m reading my neighbourhood Facebook group and some of the things I’m seeing are mental - one lady has had the police out 6 times because her sister (who also lives alone and is her bubble) has been to visit. It seems like a lot of it is related to some sort of neighbourhood beef or a vendetta 😂 What a waste of police time!

Also see on my local police force Twitter such minor things like “police were called to a house and issues fines due to another household visiting”. Who is reporting this stuff?! Personally I just can’t be bothered to get into reporting people unless it’s a massive breach like a big houseparty (even then I’d only say something if it was disturbing me sleeping or something).

Now, if I could report people who throw rubbish out their cars that’s a different story!

Reactions: 10
It'll be interesting to see the vaccination plan once they get to the lowest age bracket. General population will be anyone aged 18 - 49 - will they do it in brackets still i.e. over 40s first or will it be by appointment - so first in to book gets them?
When it gets to under 50s the goal posts will be moved from working down age groups from most vulnerable, to giving priority to people in specific jobs, thus knocking down say a 49 year old person who will have to wait longer than a 21 year old simply because they work in a high risk place like a supermarket.

If people asked for a test because of a runny nose, they would run out of them in no time.

Reactions: 1
When it gets to under 50s the goal posts will be moved from working down age groups from most vulnerable, to giving priority to people in specific jobs, thus knocking down say a 49 year old person who will have to wait longer than a 21 year old simply because they work in a high risk place like a supermarket.
That makes sense. I work in IT and can do my whole job from home so thats me vaccine-less for a while then haha!

Every day I think of the youtuber Grace Victory. It's been over a month now that she's been in an induced coma after giving birth and having covid. Really hope she pulls through for her little boy.
Why do you think of her every day . Is she a friend? She was grossly overweight so was in a dangerous category Wonder as an influencer she thought the rules didn’t apply to her and that’s what happened
And I’ve been overweight most of my life but started low carb a couple of years ago and am much lighter. I’m 66 so could be vulnerable but I knew I didn’t want to be old and immobile so sorted my weight in time Lots of people dying have no apparent underlying conditions but surely obesity is a condition!!
don’t know why being overweight is now classed as trendy it’s not

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
He's spent a lot of money propping up jobs and businesses but it's not his money it belongs to the tax payer. Then at some point he will want to crawl it back so will look bad and so his halo will slip. I think the main candidate for taking over from Boris might well be Michael Gove as he stays more in the background so hasn't been damaged as much from all the covid deaths. That said Hancock will be in the running because of how brilliant he's done in purchasing vaccines that will get us back to normal quicker than nearly everywhere in the world.

Super news that some teachers can now book an appointment :)
Teachers generally can’t book vaccines, they have accessed it via a WhatsApp group.

Reactions: 1

Some reading that will link the deaths to the vaccine because it's been put in the press.

More than ever before we need to hope young people want a career in the NHS so numbers can be bumped up as they will be needed :(

Dishy rishi.

I have to admit this man is extremely good looking, well spoken & charming.

I live watching him ❤

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Why do you think of her every day . Is she a friend? She was grossly overweight so was in a dangerous category Wonder as an influencer she thought the rules didn’t apply to her and that’s what happened
And I’ve been overweight most of my life but started low carb a couple of years ago and am much lighter. I’m 66 so could be vulnerable but I knew I didn’t want to be old and immobile so sorted my weight in time Lots of people dying have no apparent underlying conditions but surely obesity is a condition!!
That’s a bit harsh. You are allowed to sympathise with the woman whether she is obese or not. She’s still a human being, with a baby she hasn’t met who needs her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
The Gov haven't been pushing obesity as a condition nor have they said smokers are at the highest risk of this disease they've focused on don't hug granny .

Reactions: 6
Not a friend, no, but when you've watched someone for years you get to know them a bit and of course care when their life is at stake. Not going to get into the obese thing, there's many reasons why people are overweight.

Reactions: 17
The Gov haven't been pushing obesity as a condition nor have they said smokers are at the highest risk of this disease they've focused on don't hug granny .
they should be pushing obsesity as a high risk factor for covid as having a BMI of 35 to 40 could increase a person’s chances of dying from covid-19 by 40%, while a BMI greater than 40 could increase the risk by 90% as it increases the fat levels in the liver and skeletal muscle which then affects the metabolism and insulin levels which then in turn causes an increase in inflammatory cytokines and a reduction of a molecule called adiponectin that directly protects the lungs,

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Your post comes across as quite harsh and lacks empathy and compassion.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Good to know nobody would give a damn if I croaked it from Covid because I am overweight and should’ve seen it coming and “done something about it in time.”

🙄

Reactions: 16
they should be pushing obsesity as a high risk factor for covid as having a BMI of 35 to 40 could increase a person’s chances of dying from covid-19 by 40%, while a BMI greater than 40 could increase the risk by 90% as it increases the fat levels in the liver and skeletal muscle which then affects the metabolism and insulin levels which then in turn causes an increase in inflammatory cytokines and a reduction of a molecule called adiponectin that directly protects the lungs,
Wow had no idea it increased this much, they should really emphasise this, not only to promote a healthy lifestyle but I think people may be more careful and even consider shielding were they in a higher weight category.

Reactions: 12
Wow had no idea it increased this much, they should really emphasise this, not only to promote a healthy lifestyle but I think people may be more careful and consider shielding were they in a higher weight category.
That's what I was thinking - I didn't know of anyone who was quite overweight being encouraged to shield, unless they happened to have a condition too.

The comments are incredibly harsh regardless. There a lot of reasons why people struggle to or can't be a lower weight.

Reactions: 15
Wow had no idea it increased this much, they should really emphasise this, not only to promote a healthy lifestyle but I think people may be more careful and even consider shielding were they in a higher weight category.
i mean i only know this as im involved in that field with work and its been highlighted in the medical journals i read but yea i totally agree, its probably something that the general public arent really aware of

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.