Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #81

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why do you think of her every day . Is she a friend? She was grossly overweight so was in a dangerous category Wonder as an influencer she thought the rules didn’t apply to her and that’s what happened
And I’ve been overweight most of my life but started low carb a couple of years ago and am much lighter. I’m 66 so could be vulnerable but I knew I didn’t want to be old and immobile so sorted my weight in time Lots of people dying have no apparent underlying conditions but surely obesity is a condition!!
don’t know why being overweight is now classed as trendy it’s not
Rose at 66 I’m delighted you’ve lost some weight, genuinely.
Now work on your attitude. No need for this, If you can’t see that at 66 years old you have a lot of work to do.

btw she’s not dead, “was” isn’t necessary.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
That's what I was thinking - I didn't know of anyone who was quite overweight being encouraged to shield, unless they happened to have a condition too.

The comments are incredibly harsh regardless. There a lot of reasons why people struggle to or can't be a lower weight.
Yeah I’m sure many people know they are at higher risk but probably not that high 😔

My only feeling on this is that weight has been widely ignored in the media as a high risk factor because it is a hard subject - I’m not sure that actually benefits anyone when 1 in 3 adults in the UK are obese.

I agree we don’t need to be nasty about it or single out one person though.

Reactions: 10
Struggling today.

It’s my dads birthday. He lives alone as my mum is no longer with us, so we are in a bubble with him. I know I’m lucky that we can see him on his birthday but all we’ve done today is spend another day at the park with my little boy. Literally all we do every single day that I’m not at work. My Facebook memories today were day drinks and meals out. I felt guilty I couldn’t do anything special for my dad. The rest of our family are abroad and I just feel crappy. It’s my birthday in a few weeks too and I know I’ll feel the same then as we had a weekend away booked that obviously won’t happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yeah I’m sure many people know they are at higher risk but probably not that high 😔

My only feeling on this is that weight has been widely ignored in the media as a high risk factor because it is a hard subject - I’m not sure that actually benefits anyone when 1 in 3 adults in the UK are obese.

I agree we don’t need to be nasty about it or single out one person though.
totally agree , there needs to be more of an education regarding obesity because it does get downplayed and plus because theres such a stigma about it, obese people decline and stay away from hospitals because of embarrassment.

for example , fat in the abdomen pushes up on the diaphragm, causing the large muscle, which lies below the chest cavity, to impinge on the lungs and restrict airflow, this then reduces lung volume leading to collapse of airways in the lower lobes of the lungs, where more blood arrives for oxygenation than in the upper lobes so you are going to get worse faster from COVID-19 and also immunity also weakens in people with obesity because fat cells infiltrate the organs where immune cells are produced and stored so they are already at a disadvantage

• Sad

If people asked for a test because of a runny nose, they would run out of them in no time.
And people wonder why people are questioning all this now. Its almost like they want to keep the numbers up, but thats just a silly conspiracy theory

Reactions: 4

But if someone is offered a vaccine and don't want it but then end up in hospital or worse that is their decision.
I’m sorry if this is blunt but thousands of people will, at some point, have to be left to be admitted to hospital and die. We cannot eradicate all illness. That’s stupid. We need to aim for NHS to be able to cope and that’s all we should be doing (when I say “we” I mean everyday folk living with restrictions, the government need to do more clearly).

Reactions: 12
I’m sorry if this is blunt but thousands of people will, at some point, have to be left to be admitted to hospital and die. We cannot eradicate all illness. That’s stupid. We need to aim for NHS to be able to cope and that’s all we should be doing (when I say “we” I mean everyday folk living with restrictions, the government need to do more clearly).
Absolutely. All you can do is offer people a vaccine and if they get badly from not having it that is down to them.

I don't get how deaths could double from what they are now if people are vaccinated.

Reactions: 5
I predict riots like those in Europe if they think they can fob as if with walk in the park for a group of 6. This is not living - it’s imprisonment.

Reactions: 8
Absolutely. All you can do is offer people a vaccine and if they get badly from not having it that is down to them.

I don't get how deaths could double from what they are now if people are vaccinated.
They’re talking bare tit tbh 😂

Reactions: 2
Saying this again but you can find articles which support almost every scenario for when we end restrictions. From the incredibly positive to incredibly negative, people will post the extremes to get clicks when the truth is probably some where in the middle. I would place no weight in anything yet.

(particularly not from the Sun or Mail who publish a different opinion piece twice a day!)

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The thing that concerns me most about all of this (I have had covid and thankfully recovered) is vaccines against the "new strains".
We all went into lockdown last march and have not left lockdown in any meaningful way since. Now the vaccines are being rolled out since the end of 2020 and ramped up in 2021 yet the numbers are still high, deaths are still happening in the most vulnerable category, and we are all wearing masks and still in lockdown. I understand there are a few nutters around who wont follow the rules but the numbers are beyond that few people. I can't help but feel like there are lies being told somewhere, and you can call it a conspiracy if you want. I predict before 2021 is over everyone that wants the vaccine will have it, yet we will still be in lockdown of some sort with some new thing to be worried about.

I keep saying it, there is no healthy debate but plenty of condemnation going about. Its time some TV station steps up and holds a sensible debate between the likes of Professor Dolores Cahill or someone from her side and someone from the government side and just hash it out live, im not totally convinced Chris Witty & co will be able to answer the questions convincingly

Struggling today.

It’s my dads birthday. He lives alone as my mum is no longer with us, so we are in a bubble with him. I know I’m lucky that we can see him on his birthday but all we’ve done today is spend another day at the park with my little boy. Literally all we do every single day that I’m not at work. My Facebook memories today were day drinks and meals out. I felt guilty I couldn’t do anything special for my dad. The rest of our family are abroad and I just feel crappy. It’s my birthday in a few weeks too and I know I’ll feel the same then as we had a weekend away booked that obviously won’t happen.
I'm sure your dad had a lovely day with you and your son, moments like that are the special ones.

Reactions: 3
The thing that concerns me most about all of this (I have had covid and thankfully recovered) is vaccines against the "new strains".
We all went into lockdown last march and have not left lockdown in any meaningful way since. Now the vaccines are being rolled out since the end of 2020 and ramped up in 2021 yet the numbers are still high, deaths are still happening in the most vulnerable category, and we are all wearing masks and still in lockdown. I understand there are a few nutters around who wont follow the rules but the numbers are beyond that few people. I can't help but feel like there are lies being told somewhere, and you can call it a conspiracy if you want. I predict before 2021 is over everyone that wants the vaccine will have it, yet we will still be in lockdown of some sort with some new thing to be worried about.

I keep saying it, there is no healthy debate but plenty of condemnation going about. Its time some TV station steps up and holds a sensible debate between the likes of Professor Dolores Cahill or someone from her side and someone from the government side and just hash it out live, im not totally convinced Chris Witty & co will be able to answer the questions convincingly
I was just thinking of the way flu has been brought down to near zero yet it hasn't made a dent in the levels of covid .....

Last edited:
Good to know nobody would give a damn if I croaked it from Covid because I am overweight and should’ve seen it coming and “done something about it in time.”

🙄
Same.

I mean we all know being overweight isn’t healthy but it’s also not something that can be fixed over night. The woman is in a coma ffs I think it’s a bit late and insensitive to start banging on about her weight.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Same.

I mean we all know being overweight isn’t healthy but it’s also not something that can be fixed over night. The woman is in a coma ffs I think it’s a bit late and insensitive to start banging on about her weight.
small comfort in the fact this was the view of one 66 year old woman and not the thread as a whole, who have all rallied to argue it.

it feels a bit like the Christmas to New Years limbo period right now,
nothing happening really just waiting for more nothing to happen 🤷‍♀️

no point talking about the ROI because I’m pisses as HELL about the AZ vaccine restrictions. 😩 not for myself but I know a lot who are 65/70 and up who are really quite worried now.

Reactions: 11
no point talking about the ROI because I’m pisses as HELL about the AZ vaccine restrictions. 😩 not for myself but I know a lot who are 65/70 and up who are really quite worried now.
Whats annoying me is that no one seems to be asking Whitty or Boris about this in the conferences? Unless I missed it?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.