Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #81

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I don’t see how a vaccine passport it particularly fair when not just anyone can have it? Unless they vaccinated supermarket workers, at 22 im the lowest priority

Also like said above places like Greece and Spain especially will be desperate for us to be able to travel there, it’s a massive part of their economy

Reactions: 1
Yeah I don’t see how a vaccine passport it particularly fair when not just anyone can have it? Unless they vaccinated supermarket workers, at 22 im the lowest priority
I would also argue (though would need stats to confirm) that most of the people who went abroad in summer 2020 were young & fit as it is! So those countries wanting to have the economic benefits of reopening will probably want the young'uns in to spend money.

Although did we then spread it 😬 😬

I don't mind the idea of vaccine passports, I am not going to entertain the conspiracy theories around them. However being fairly young and very low down in the priority list through no fault of my own, does this mean I won't be able to travel abroad this summer? Seems a bit unfair as I would happily pay for the vaccine to be vaccinated sooner if it was like the £12.99 flu jab!
What's the idea behind them ? kids won't be vaccinated anyway so how do they stand .

Reactions: 3
From June 1st we were allowed to meet outside in a group of up to 6. I know because I met my friends in a local park and we got rather drunk and felt like we were in year 10 again haha.

Also meeting in gardens was allowed so you could go to bbqs 😊

That was only 2.5 months after lockdown 1 imposed so mid March would be around the same timeline, appreciate situation slightly different this time though.
Ahhh can’t wait to do that again it felt amazing especially with the warm weather :love:

From June 1st we were allowed to meet outside in a group of up to 6. I know because I met my friends in a local park and we got rather drunk and felt like we were in year 10 again haha.

Also meeting in gardens was allowed so you could go to bbqs 😊

That was only 2.5 months after lockdown 1 imposed so mid March would be around the same timeline, appreciate situation slightly different this time though.
I remember too as we went over to our friends for a BBQ the first weekend it was announced and I remember needing to go inside to use the loo and feeling like a criminal 😂 . I was so jealous of people with gardens, I would meet a friend out in the park but back then all the public toilets were closed so with my weak bladder it was futile!
Wales has been in full lockdown since December 20th, so 2.5 months from then would be early/mid March... I’m hoping by then that’s when things start to ease. They’ve said gyms will be one of the first things back which has made me happy! I just want some small amounts of mixing so I can see friends/family, not huge gatherings but maybe 2 households at a time or something.

It still blows my mind that after the fire break here we went from only being able to mix within your own household in pubs/restaurants to rule of 4 from any households. It’s like we went super relaxed for a really short period of time then back into full lockdown. Our cases are now much lower than then, so I wonder what is different this time around. I think they are much more aware that this has to be the last lockdown.

Reactions: 4
I know this sounds weird but I woke up today and it suddenly dawned on me all the things we aren't able to do that are part of normal life. I've become so accustomed to this zombie living.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So last week I had a dream about social distancing. Last night I had a dream I was in a shop and had forgotten my mask so I had to use my scarf to cover my face.

I’m surprised it’s taken this long for the dreams to come tbh!

I had a dream it was my kids birthday and we stood in town and his friends socially distanced queued to give him a present😩

• Sad

Also like said above places like Greece and Spain especially will be desperate for us to be able to travel there, it’s a massive part of their economy
So the young will be restricted from travelling for longer, due to being way down the queue.. Imagine the uproar there would be if the government said old people were banned from going on holiday... but it’s pretty much what will happen but the other way around

So last week I had a dream about social distancing. Last night I had a dream I was in a shop and had forgotten my mask so I had to use my scarf to cover my face.

I’m surprised it’s taken this long for the dreams to come tbh!
just realised I had the same dream last night haha. I was in a cinema and had to use a scarf over my face to buy a drink. Shows exciting my days are atm haha

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So the young will be restricted from travelling for longer, due to being way down the queue.. Imagine the uproar there would be if the government said old people were banned from going on holiday... but it’s pretty much what will happen but the other way around
I can see a vaccine passport becoming a thing i.e. a stamp or whatever that says you've had the vaccine. But can I see not having one as being a blocker to travel...no. If it were to become one it really opens up the flood gates for all sorts of diseases and viruses being a blocker. Imagine if you needed a certificate to prove you don't have hiv before travelling for example. WHO and WTTC are against it too.

Never say never though, as stranger things have most definitely happened in relation to covid!

Lets be honest, this government could not give two shits about young people unless it's to suit their agenda. Young people will be expected to 'take it on the chin' where if it was older people that they upset, it'd be all over the papers and it'd be sorted as soon as possible.
Edit to add I'm 25 so idk if I class as 'young people' or not in these terms. However I'll always stand up for them regardless of how old I get.

Reactions: 6
Every day I think of the youtuber Grace Victory. It's been over a month now that she's been in an induced coma after giving birth and having covid. Really hope she pulls through for her little boy.
I will be very surprised if she survives.Being in a coma is hard enough for a few days, let alone months. If she does, she will have intense rehab to do for walking, talking, etc.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Interesting but scathing article about dishy rishy.
Does anyone know how low infections were at the end of lockdown 1 ie how many cases.

He's spent a lot of money propping up jobs and businesses but it's not his money it belongs to the tax payer. Then at some point he will want to crawl it back so will look bad and so his halo will slip. I think the main candidate for taking over from Boris might well be Michael Gove as he stays more in the background so hasn't been damaged as much from all the covid deaths. That said Hancock will be in the running because of how brilliant he's done in purchasing vaccines that will get us back to normal quicker than nearly everywhere in the world.

Super news that some teachers can now book an appointment :)

I don't mind the idea of vaccine passports, I am not going to entertain the conspiracy theories around them. However being fairly young and very low down in the priority list through no fault of my own, does this mean I won't be able to travel abroad this summer? Seems a bit unfair as I would happily pay for the vaccine to be vaccinated sooner if it was like the £12.99 flu jab!
It'll be interesting to see the vaccination plan once they get to the lowest age bracket. General population will be anyone aged 18 - 49 - will they do it in brackets still i.e. over 40s first or will it be by appointment - so first in to book gets them?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.