Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #81

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing that concerns me most about all of this (I have had covid and thankfully recovered) is vaccines against the "new strains".
We all went into lockdown last march and have not left lockdown in any meaningful way since. Now the vaccines are being rolled out since the end of 2020 and ramped up in 2021 yet the numbers are still high, deaths are still happening in the most vulnerable category, and we are all wearing masks and still in lockdown. I understand there are a few nutters around who wont follow the rules but the numbers are beyond that few people. I can't help but feel like there are lies being told somewhere, and you can call it a conspiracy if you want. I predict before 2021 is over everyone that wants the vaccine will have it, yet we will still be in lockdown of some sort with some new thing to be worried about.

I keep saying it, there is no healthy debate but plenty of condemnation going about. Its time some TV station steps up and holds a sensible debate between the likes of Professor Dolores Cahill or someone from her side and someone from the government side and just hash it out live, im not totally convinced Chris Witty & co will be able to answer the questions convincingly
There can never be a healthy debate, because as soon as anyone tries they're shot down as being an anti vaxxer conspiracy theorist, but that's where fear and a year of propaganda and the media scaring everyone has got us.
The virus exists, people have sadly died, but not the number we see them throw at us every day. These are people who have sadly died for any reason within 28 days of a positive test, not all are actually from covid.
The WHO have said the PCR tests are being done wrong, yet still we base lockdown on these tests results - we need perspective.
I would love to see Professor Delores Cahill take on anyone from SAGE, but they'll never allow it - yet she's as experienced as Whitty. We've always lived in a world where scientists will never completely agree on one thing, but now we live in a world that unless it's government paid scientists that every other highly qualified person is wrong, giving disinformation and scaremongering.
It's no longer a conspiracy theory when we as the public can predict when there will be a new varient, or when the public can work out that viruses mutate and that vaccines can either work, or be changed to work.. we manage every year with the flu (which has disappeared apparently thanks to masks 🙄).
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that if 10 million people have been jabbed and that if covid mutates to something that it doesn't cover that were back to square one and more lockdowns.
The passports that people are agreeing too isn't going to just be for travel, they will end up being for normal day to day things - that's not conspiracy, that's happening now!

And if its happening elsewhere then it will happen here. They've discussed this before and everyone said they wouldn't want it, but now we've lived in fear and isolation people are agreeing.
The news is already saying how our government won't ever do it, but if its going to work then it needs to be a worldwide effort.. again, not a conspiracy, its clear to see

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Now the vaccines are being rolled out since the end of 2020 and ramped up in 2021 yet the numbers are still high, deaths are still happening in the most vulnerable category, and we are all wearing masks and still in lockdown. I understand there are a few nutters around who wont follow the rules but the numbers are beyond that few people. I can't help but feel like there are lies being told somewhere, and you can call it a conspiracy if you want. I predict before 2021 is over everyone that wants the vaccine will have it, yet we will still be in lockdown of some sort with some new thing to be worried about.
If you think about it, the people that have been offered vaccines so far in the main are either in the care homes (so little to no mixing with others, unless you count care workers) or older people. Now my husband’s grandparents haven’t been offered it yet, but they and all their friends have been shielding as much as they can themselves just to be safe. There are obviously old people that break the rules, but most we know haven’t. Younger people are still going to work (whether key workers or just being forced into the offices), going shopping for food (we shop for our grandparents and parents, so spend twice as much time in the shop, thus increasing our risk of getting it), and breaking the rules possibly, but the younger people don’t have the vaccine yet. Even when all the over 50s are vaccinated we will still have COVID cases, we just hopefully wouldn’t have the same amount of hospital admissions.

Reactions: 5

I am ready to spend too. I can't wait to make up for last year.
Sadly, there will be an awful lot of people (myself included) who won’t be able to afford to spend when things do reopen. Some people have lost a lot of income since March 2020....January was my worst month, I’m self employed and took just 21% of my usual earnings 😭 it will be the same until lockdown is lifted and even then it will be vastly reduced compared to normal. I’m very grateful for the self employed grants which I have had but even with them, I’m still about 30-40% down on the whole year.
At least next year’s tax return won’t take as long! 😂 always got to look for the positives!

• Sad
Reactions: 12
That’s a bit harsh. You are allowed to sympathise with the woman whether she is obese or not. She’s still a human being, with a baby she hasn’t met who needs her.
As a person who has carried extra weight a few times in my life I now know that changing your eating habits and moving more are what loses you weight. Yes it may be harsh but true. My elderly mother is overweight and my sister and I adjusted her diet last year and even though she is not very mobile she lost weight and it makes her life better and means if she falls over I don’t have to call an ambulance to get her up. She’s 94!!! If she can do it anyone can. Wonder ( this will be taken as harsh but here goes ) if she decided to have a baby for intagram ( she’s is only 19 ) as that seems to be a thing on Instagram at the moment. I’m very sad for her and do hope her and the baby are ok but it’s time the woke brigade realised being overweight is dangerous

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
As a person who has carried extra weight a few times in my life I now know that changing your eating habits and moving more are what loses you weight. Yes it may be harsh but true. My elderly mother is overweight and my sister and I adjusted her diet last year and even though she is not very mobile she lost weight and it makes her life better and means if she falls over I don’t have to call an ambulance to get her up. She’s 94!!! If she can do it anyone can. Wonder ( this will be taken as harsh but here goes ) if she decided to have a baby for intagram ( she’s is only 19 ) as that seems to be a thing on Instagram at the moment. I’m very sad for her and do hope her and the baby are ok but it’s time the woke brigade realised being overweight is dangerous
She is 30 years old, not 19. She’s in a coma with a newborn baby, overweight or not, how can you not sympathise with her situation? Have a heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Wow, just wow! You need to read what you’re writing and think about its impact! You’re something else!

Reactions: 15
Rose at 66 I’m delighted you’ve lost some weight, genuinely.
Now work on your attitude. No need for this, If you can’t see that at 66 years old you have a lot of work to do.

btw she’s not dead, “was” isn’t necessary.
Ok I’m 66 so can have as much attitude as I like please read my most recent post. Not ashamed if who I am and FYI I’ve spent the last 8 weeks volunteering at the local hospital helping with the vaccinations ( sanitising hands and pushing wheelchairs ) so I can’t be that bad

She is 30 years old, not 19. She’s in a coma with a newborn baby, overweight or not, how can you not sympathise with her situation? Have a heart.
I read she was 19 and that’s my last opinion on this matter

• Haha
Reactions: 2
There are lots of reasons people can't lose weight. You have no idea about this persons life.

Reactions: 9
Ok I’m 66 so can have as much attitude as I like please read my most recent post. Not ashamed if who I am and FYI I’ve spent the last 8 weeks volunteering at the local hospital helping with the vaccinations ( sanitising hands and pushing wheelchairs ) so I can’t be that bad

😂 that’s not an opinion I’m afraid. But good, less to read.

• Haha

You should be ashamed. Teenagers do not have babies for Instagram and I think you're significantly out of touch with the younger generation. The woman is 30 years old, in a loving relationship and has been in a coma for 4 weeks after giving birth. Your lack of empathy here is something I feel you should reflect on as you don’t appear to have learned much kindness in your 66 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She’s 30 and in a stable relationship and had a baby - not for clout or because it’s the thing to do on Instagram. She’s in a coma with her poor family suffering the worry that comes with that as well as her partner dealing with a premature newborn baby. Have some compassion.

that bedside manner.......
You should be ashamed of how you conduct yourself, not who you are, even at 66 you can (and should) learn when you’re out of line.

glad you’re spending your free time helping out, but I hope you don’t tell the overweight men/women they’re a ticking time bomb.

• Heart
If anyone is having a bad day cause of winter I want to make you feel better... Here today, it is -20, feeling like -31 with the wind chill. In the week, it is meant to drop to -33 and probably feel like -40 with the wind chill.😭 My nostril hair freezes when I am outside, that's how cold it is, lol.

• Wow
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.