Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But what the British PM says has a huge impact on the rest of the world. So now they are saying the new variant is more deadly, the Canadian government will hear that and react to it. It happened when the UK said the new variant is more contagious. It doesn't just affect the UK :(
Agree with you, the communication is awful. We’ve been unfortunate to be stuck with these useless governments during a pandemic. At least the US now has Biden but things would have looked different if we’d had politicians like that in charge from the beginning. They simply don’t have enough evidence to say the new strain is more deadly, so why are they telling the public?

Reactions: 3
Agree with you, the communication is awful. We’ve been unfortunate to be stuck with these useless governments during a pandemic. At least the US now has Biden but things would have looked different if we’d had politicians like that in charge from the beginning. They simply don’t have enough evidence to say the new strain is more deadly, so why are they telling the public?
Without sounding like a conspiracy nut (which I can't stand), the UK govt lost control completely and hospitals seem to be dire and I wonder if they are using fear-mongering as a tactic to try and keep people inside.
Trudeau is unless in the opposite way, in that he barely says a word, it is left up to the provincial governments to handle. We are also out of vaccines i some places and won't be getting any more Pfizer ones until February. Canada is utter tit too.

Reactions: 5
I wish the government would release figures splitting those in hospital who are in because of covid and those who are in hospital with covid.
Saying there are X amount in hospital with covid is misleading especially if a large majority are in due to something else and either have no symptoms or only a slight cough.
But why does it matter what they’re in for the fact the hospital’s can’t cope is the problem.

Without sounding like a conspiracy nut (which I can't stand), the UK govt lost control completely and hospitals seem to be dire and I wonder if they are using fear-mongering as a tactic to try and keep people inside.
Trudeau is unless in the opposite way, in that he barely says a word, it is left up to the provincial governments to handle.
They are 100% amping up the fear factor. You only have to listen to the new radio announcement they play all the time which basically says “if you go out people will die”. They are now launching a campaign with the faces of people on ventilators. We keep getting told how much worse these new variants are and how much more contagious they are. The government know they’ve lost a lot of people - here in Wales it’s nothing like the last lockdown, roads are busy, people are still meeting up, families mixing. All they can do is raise the fear and raise the fines. They are scared now that there has been some hope with the vaccine that people will relax, and they are countering that with this fear mongering overkill (in my opinion). The NHS is still in a precarious position and they can’t risk the next couple of months of winter pressures.

Reactions: 16
I relate to how others are feeling. I said to my partner earlier about how they can extend lockdown and I wouldn’t even care.

That’s me completely ignoring everything else that’s going on though and simply basing it on how I feel being at home, which is away from the world, masks, social distancing etc. Of course I don’t want that really, but it’s nice to feel safe with your family at home and forget about what’s going on in the outside world. And being in lockdown gives you an excuse to be able to do that.

Reactions: 14
They are 100% amping up the fear factor. You only have to listen to the new radio announcement they play all the time which basically says “if you go out people will die”. They are now launching a campaign with the faces of people on ventilators. We keep getting told how much worse these new variants are and how much more contagious they are. The government know they’ve lost a lot of people - here in Wales it’s nothing like the last lockdown, roads are busy, people are still meeting up, families mixing. All they can do is raise the fear and raise the fines. They are scared now that there has been some hope with the vaccine that people will relax, and they are countering that with this fear mongering overkill (in my opinion). The NHS is still in a precarious position and they can’t risk the next couple of months of winter pressures.
That is horrible. Yes, my mum works for the NHS and she said it is bad. No denying that. But it is government's fault for not getting a handle on it, and encouraging people to go out. What did they expect?

The hospital footage is a good deterrent.

It just makes me think that something weird is going on when I see wealthy people (not influencers, more business people) taking their families on holiday.

Do they know something we don’t?

Reactions: 8
The hospital footage is a hood deterrent.

It just makes me think that something weird is going on when I see wealthy people (not influencers, more business people) taking their families on holiday.

Do they know something we don’t?
Business people, politicians have all been swanning off on vactions like nothing is going on. An absolute joke.

I am going to go out for a walk as I am just doom scrolling at this point. It is -7 out but sunny at least.

Reactions: 3
My mum was due to have her first vaccine tomorrow (she is CEV) but it has been cancelled today because they've supposedly redistributed the vaccines elsewhere (care home residents in another part of the country? - we are in the North East). We are both so disappointed.

That and the briefing today has left me in a very sour mood.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I am going to be 29 this year and feel quite sad that probably the last two years of my 20s have been "wasted." We were hoping to get in more travel. I am well aware those are small things and others have it way worse bw. I also want to have a baby and am feeling like it would be a terrible idea during the pandemic. I am not sure what to do. Every day is the damn same.
I’m 30 next week so I feel ya! Im the youngest out of my friends and they all had lockdown 30ths back in April, and I naively thought it would all be back to normal by the time mine rolled round. Nope 😩 I didn’t want to be in the country for it but I’m stuck here now, and I just feel like the whole last year of my 20s has been wasted sitting at home.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
That is horrible. Yes, my mum works for the NHS and she said it is bad. No denying that. But it is government's fault for not getting a handle on it, and encouraging people to go out. What did they expect?
If it wasn’t such an underfunded service then maybe it wouldn’t be so bad, but we will never know. Thats absolutely not meant as an NHS bashing, but the government need to get a handle on it moving forward. If nothing else, it has shown up that a complete overhaul of the NHS is needed once we are out of this current tit.

edited for typos!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Late spring feels SO long away, this lockdown is so much more brutal than the first one, I just want to see my friends and family and boyfriend and actually feel like we are in a relationship. Then seeing people blatantly ignoring the rules on a regular basis just makes me so mad and feel like why am I still doing this. I have a friend who's partner is a single household so they are bubbled and she was complaining valentines day will be strange because they cant go out for dinner or anything and I wanted to just scream at least you can bloody see him.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
The NHS has been on its arse for years. I’m not sure a pandemic is what anyone expected but one day sooner or later, something was bound to happen and show how underfunded and badly run the NHS actually is.

I can’t see myself voting in a general election ever again and I’m always the first to encourage people to vote, especially women as I think it’s so important and something that was fought for. But nah. Never again. They’re all liars.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Late spring feels SO long away, this lockdown is so much more brutal than the first one, I just want to see my friends and family and boyfriend and actually feel like we are in a relationship. Then seeing people blatantly ignoring the rules on a regular basis just makes me so mad and feel like why am I still doing this. I have a friend who's partner is a single household so they are bubbled and she was complaining valentines day will be strange because they cant go out for dinner or anything and I wanted to just scream at least you can bloody see him.
I think different people view their sacrifices in different ways. I feel like you, there’s nothing more they can take away that they haven’t already.

Reactions: 6
But why does it matter what they’re in for the fact the hospital’s can’t cope is the problem.
I am not disputing that they aren’t coping.
However, the government are presenting the ‘amount in hospital’ figures as if every person is in there due gasping for breathe due to covid.
It may be that someone is in a renal ward due to kidney issues but so happens to test positive to covid, had they not had to the test they may have been completely unaware. The same as someone waiting surgery for a broken leg, a stent fitted, etc.
They are in hospital with covid not because of covid.

Reactions: 11
The roads when I drive to work just feel like normal, in the first lockdown it actually felt quiet and empty

Reactions: 11
For all the home schoolers who are struggling, hopefully this cheers you up ☺

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I saw a story that I thought was hilarious. Personal care services were closed here but dog groomers could be opened. Well one hair salon, said they were rebranding and opening as a dog grooming salon "since people can identify as whatever they want these days" so now the clients "identify as dogs." They also started selling dog products 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I wish the government would release figures splitting those in hospital who are in because of covid and those who are in hospital with covid.
Saying there are X amount in hospital with covid is misleading especially if a large majority are in due to something else and either have no symptoms or only a slight cough.
The government can’t release those figures because they don’t have them, and neither does the NHS.
According to Dr. Layla McCay, NHS Confederation, the NHS doesn’t know because hospital Covid 19 patients includes patients. not being treated for Covidbut tested positive while being treated for something else.
For some reason the NHS don’t have separate figures for these patients so they are all Covid admissions.

Reactions: 1
The news channels are beginning to show much more hospital footage this week than in previous weeks. I wonder if they are trying to restore the fear that we felt last year in the March lockdown.
it feels so stage managed at this point.

not entering into conspiracy territory here, I’m not an anti nut job.
but I have to admit I’m seeing and hearing a lot of what they WANT us to hear with little facts to back up what we’re being told.

I do believe the health system is overwhelmed/not far off it.
but the daily pantos aren’t coming across as genuine, possibly because I wouldn’t trust any of them to run a bath let alone a country.
and the only ability they possess between them is the ability to avoid answering questions honestly.

(edit, yes I said nut job.... that’s the edit 😐)

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.