Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely if it was SO bad none of the members of parliament would actually be in work everyday? Can’t they work from home and hold meetings on zoom like the rest of us have to?
The rest of us aren’t though, can you imagine the absolute outrage if Boris et al were sitting at home everyday on huge salaries while expecting lower paid nurses, supermarket staff, bin men etc etc to be putting themselves at risk to keep the country going? I say this as absolutely no fan of his believe me.

Reactions: 11
I’ve been trying to not post on this thread as I’m not in a good place, but I’ve been dipping in and out to read.

The tone of everyone’s posts over the last few days really feels different, it’s like we are all experiencing an all time low. It’s very negative and everyone seems very down.

I understand the government need to scare us into behaving and need us to abide by the restrictions right now but it’s getting a bit much, seeing those ads someone posted I feel like I’m not living real life anymore.

If there is hope, they need to put it out there soon. I’m only going off what I see online but it seems mental health is at an all time low and lots are barely coping, or feeling numb. Even those who have coped well so far. It’s very worrying.
The ONS have released these graphs. Happiness is at its lowest since March

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Dare you to send it to the NEU 😂
Can you imagine! I don’t want to be the creator of any unrest on here tonight, it’s all bobbing along nicely. It just confirms really that stats can be made to look however you want them to.

Reactions: 2
Can you imagine! I don’t want to be the creator of any unrest on here tonight, it’s all bobbing along nicely. It just confirms really that stats can be made to look however you want them to.
Neither do I, and apologies if I offend just trying badly to crack some humour 🤦‍♀️🥴😬

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So much for my night alone, my mum was pinged as a close contact of a positive case so I’ve just got back from collecting my son who’s full of beans so a peaceful night reading after weeks of hard work juggling school and work is not on the agenda now. I’m exhausted 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I can definitely relate to feeling crappy now. I feel very lucky as I've coped really well throughout. I'm not a very social person anyway and I like the comfort of my own home. In that sense, I'm fine, but the constant news of new strains and the uncertainty is just exhausting. It just feels constant at the minute and with the uncertainty of the vaccine with spreading and new strains and all that tit. It's not that it feels never ending cause there will be an ending but I hate the limbo of it all.
I'm more worried about the kind of future the kids will have I think the cavalry are retreating :( how long do we keep them imprisoned for .

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm more worried about the kind of future the kids will have I think the cavalry are retreating :( how long do we keep them imprisoned for .
I know they are meant to look after us when we are older, they are all going to be illiterate and feral we’ve got no chance 😂

My youngest won’t even wear clothes anymore 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Neither do I, and apologies if I offend just trying badly to crack some humour 🤦‍♀️🥴😬
My toddler is feral so it wouldn’t surprise me if she was a super spreader. She emerged from sitting in her toy box today with a half eaten banana, couldn’t give you a time frame for how long it’s been there, it looked like she had just squatted and taken a dump as opposed to finding food. She still took a good bite and said it was yum though. 👀😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I know they are meant to look after us when we are older, they are all going to be illiterate and feral we’ve got no chance 😂

Mine have started eating with their hands, I have to remind them they have to use a knife and fork. WTF!!! 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think the government know this is the last chance they have of a lockdown theres no way they could " release us" like last summer and put us back under. I think they're finally looking at Aus and NZ and realise the huge mistakes they've made ( hence talk of shutting broaders) So they are going to keep this up for as long as they can so when they finally can let us out it will be with much more freedom
than we've had since before covid started and they are hoping people forget what they did. I think this current lockdown will last until mid March.

My toddler is feral so it wouldn’t surprise me if she was a super spreader. She emerged from sitting in her toy box today with a half eaten banana, couldn’t give you a time frame for how long it’s been there, it looked like she had just squatted and taken a dump as opposed to finding food. She still took a good bite and said it was yum though. 👀😂
Post of the day right here people 👍🎉😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9

I'm reading this to 🎶 The bare necessities of Life 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Post of the day right here people 👍🎉😂
I am happy to report that I have now played my part in parenting though and cleaned out said toy box. She has sailed through the event unharmed although was traumatised when the banana was removed from her grasp and replaced with a fresh one. 🍌🥲

• Haha
My mum needs a software update on her laptop to do some work (NHS). She was told they couldn't afford it... She thought it must be a few thousands of pounds. Well it was a few hundred pounds. If they can't afford a few hundreds pounds on software then they really are fucked.

There is a stark contrast between NHS healthcare system and the Canadian healthcare system (can depend on province). We pay higher taxes and it shows. It highlights how dismal healthcare is in the UK.
I don't think the NHS has had an overhaul since it began but how many people will want to" dip deeper " the only other thing is privatisation but nobody wants that either ,so what's the answer.

Reactions: 2
I don't think the NHS has had an overhaul since it began but how many people will want to" dip deeper " the only other thing is privatisation but nobody wants that either ,so what's the answer.
Higher taxes?? I don't think it has to be private. Canada's healthcare system is universal and is good but we pay way higher taxes towards it.

Edit: We pay more for prescriptions (free for seniors), optometrists, dentists, ambulance (around $400 w/out coverage), etc. Many companies offer good health insurance through work for that kind of thing. We get almost full coverage (rare) for the dentist which is amazing, as otherwise cleaning would be well over $1,000 (not private, going by the provincial fee guidelines). So paying some amount for those things will help the system too. It is not like the USA though, where if you do not have coverage and need an ambulance, they will not pick you up. They will, you will just be billed for it.

Everything else is covered through our provincial healthcard (hospital, doctor appts, bloodwork, imaging, treatment, etc).

So I would say the Canadian healthcare system is somewhere in between the NHS and USA systems, and overall works in regards to how great the doctors, treatment, hospitals, etc are. Things are a bit different in Quebec due to corruption.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
This is going to sound a bit bonkers, but has the tattler who went to SA for Xmas been on here recently? I hope she’s okay. I’ve not seen any comments from her for a while.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.