Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With these figures I’m sure Sunak won’t squeeze a rona incentive in
if he is considering it he’s another one that needs to go.
it’s quite bizarre what makes the news these days,
I can’t see anyone thinking this is a good idea but duck sake when Boris is in charge it might be accepted and bumped up to £625 with a free McDonald’s fillet-o-fish voucher by 5pm 🤷‍♀️

Why do we not yet know who's appearing with BoJo at 5pm??
Ronald McDonald with the free fillets 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 6
if he is considering it he’s another one that needs to go.
it’s quite bizarre what makes the news these days,
I can’t see anyone thinking this is a good idea but duck sake when Boris is in charge it might be accepted and bumped up to £625 with a free McDonald’s fillet-o-fish voucher by 5pm 🤷‍♀️

Ronald McDonald with the free fillets 😐
Depends whether Marcus Rashford likes the idea or not, I think!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m surprised by this, as it seems quite early to be making such a big decision! Their tourism, aviation industry etc will be looking for huge bailouts surely?
Their numbers are rising - at the moment the number is 523 per 100.000 - and now nobody is allowed to leave the area they live in. There is a curfew beween 22 and 6 am and all shops (that are allowed to open) have to close at 6pm along with bars and restaurants. I have friends who live there and they were quite happy with the way they were living but now said it is getting a bit worrying.

Reactions: 3
Massive scale rule breaking here.

Why is the Home Secretary's new £800 fine thing only applying to gatherings of more than 15 people, and not more than 2, if they're serious about it?

Reactions: 5
Massive scale rule breaking here.

The 400 person wedding thing is crazy but not surprising. NYC also had a huge problem with the orthodox jewish community conforming to any sort of lockdown restrictions.

Do we know how on earth they have come up with this claim? How can they know how the true number, if people are supposedly not coming forward for testing, doesn't make sense. Is it another crazy mad extrapolation by the "scientists"?

Shouldn't that be fixed with better compliance checking and stronger penalties, than bribery?
There have been several studies on it, the gov commissioned Kings College for one back in September so they have known about the low rates for a while and if it was tackled properly in Sept we might not have found ourselves in lockdown for the first quarter of 2021.

I don't disagree with stronger enforcement, but I also think there needs to be a financial package. The reality is many people across the country cannot afford to self isolate for 2 weeks so they simply aren't. I don't see how bigger fines for losing their income helps those people, it just pushes them further into poverty.

A flat £500 might not be the right way to go but I have always thought something like furlough should be available for those self isolating, particularly those contacted by track and trace who might actually never become unwell but face a big drop in income regardless.

Last edited:
god how tit is our government they're now going to pay £500 to make us isolate! It's like the British public are toddlers and we're being paid with chocolate buttons every time we do a wee on the potty!! :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
My 5th day is up today, when i started with the taste thing i updated the app and ordered a test and then it changed to isolate for 10 days. Would i still have to see the 10 days out even if negative?
No if your 5 days are up and you get a negative test youll be fine to work. You need to isolate untill the test comes back though.

Free money for catching covid. What could possibly go wrong!

Cant they just top up ssp so people are getting thier full wage instead. 🙈

Back to holidays - looks like there will be no Spanish holidays this Summer. This applies to tourists from other Countries, not just Brits.

We have a holl booked for july, the good thing is if this is made offical we will have to get a full refund, might hold off canceling then!

Last edited:
I was speaking to my mum yesterday and talking about a family members (potentially) upcoming wedding and how numbers could restrict it a bit and my mum made a few comments which were confusing.

She mentioned a friend of a friend who's son got married in December 2020. They were allowed 25 at the church - this would be correct, thats the maximum allowed to attend weddings in Northern Ireland (or it was in Dec anyway). She then went onto say "But then they were allowed more in the evening. *insert hotel name here* said they could have around 60 guests for the reception" 😮 😮 😮 This does not seem correct to me at all! Fairly certain that hotel venue has broken the law. Surely they are risking a huge fine for that.
No receptions as far as I’m aware we’re not even permitted wakes

The 400 people wedding infuriates me. Not just because our industry is collapsing under this pandemic, but also that 400 people agreed to go to a wedding despite restrictions! Which brings me to the conclusion they are also happy mixing households, maybe worshipping together and having other gatherings. Then they are out and about in normal society infecting us rule abiders!!!

Reactions: 22
The 400 people wedding infuriates me. Not just because our industry is collapsing under this pandemic, but also that 400 people agreed to go to a wedding despite restrictions! Which brings me to the conclusion they are also happy mixing households, maybe worshipping together and having other gatherings. Then they are out and about in normal society infecting us rule abiders!!!
Let’s hope they all don’t claim £500 if they catch Covid.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Can't wait for the country's "covid cases" stats to go through the roof and us be covid capital of the world again.

Followed by ever more new restrictions to try and get all these new found cases down.

Also another kick in the teeth to the small businesses that have tried so hard to work through this and had such piss poor government support or in millions of cases no support at all.

Monumentally stupid idea.
Well hopefully now WHO have said that the PCR tests are being ran at a too high circuit count and accounting for too many false positives (something that was being dismissed as a conspiracy theory) then we might see some cases come down.

Ian Duncan Smith has said he agrees that our scientists should be looking at it again and agrees that the PCR can pick up on old virus and people are isolating for no reason, therefore endangering business, people losing money and low NHS staff numbers.

WHO now advise that if you're displaying no symptoms and get a positive result that the PCR be taken again... who knows if that will happen. As it stands they're refusing to tell anyone, even through FOI how many circuits they're doing.
If it does change then we might just see cases go down.
What's frustrating is the mess that its already caused to lives and livelihoods

Yep, and guess what? Yesterday us Northerners living in Yorkshire, who just happen to have got our act together opening vaccine sites and finding people to give the jabs, were told that our supplies will now be halved because those living in London need it. How the hell is that fair, reasonable or justified; especially when there are idiots attending large illegal events like this.

I'm sorry to sound sour, and I know that there will be loads of people living in London who are complying with restrictions, but this just takes the biscuit.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Controversial question.

nursing home with a limited supply of vaccine (apparently there was slow roll out.... very very slow 😐)

residents started to receive their vaccine this week,
Keep in mind not all are vaccinated yet, the first to receive it was aged 102 😐

there are residents there in their 80’s, with better life expectancy in theory.

why not vaccinate the younger ones first? Is it wrong the older lady got the first shot?
And why would you give it to someone who’s 102 over 80 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Yep, and guess what? Yesterday us Northerners living in Yorkshire, who just happen to have got our act together opening vaccine sites and finding people to give the jabs, were told that our supplies will now be halved because those living in London need it. How the hell is that fair, reasonable or justified; especially when there are idiots attending large illegal events like this.

I'm sorry to sound sour, and I know that there will be loads of people living in London who are complying with restrictions, but this just takes the biscuit.
They’ve got a strange way of working things in England everything seems to turn into a complicated process and that in turn messes things up 🙄 even fining people is not a deterrent as many will be out of work anyway so it’ll just be the Gov paying themselves ( essentially)

Controversial question.

nursing home with a limited supply of vaccine (apparently there was slow roll out.... very very slow 😐)

why not vaccinate the younger ones first? Is it wrong the older lady got the first shot?
At my mum's care home, each GP goes in to vaccinate their own patients. Mum should have had hers last week but the snow put an end to that. Hoping she'll now get it today.

So if the 102 year old has a more organised GP than the 80 year old, that might be your answer.

Reactions: 2
Controversial question.

I’d personally give it to the front facing workforce first, most people in that age group are shielding the vaccine isn’t 100% anyway but we still need supplies to keep going uninterrupted and medical care to take place.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.