Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #79

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why once the UK have sorted ourselves out I would be happy with them helping out our Irish neighbours in the Republic with the surplus we would be hoarding with the amount we've purchased.
You're running out yourselves I wouldn't be so hasty :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Im very lucky to work with such an amazing Trust. We love our ladies and we want them to be well and feel safe. I'm in the low risk are and we have been able to have two birth partners if mum needs extra support, dads stay with mum until they are discharged home (4-6 hr discharge), virtual breastfeeding support over teams and zoom, etc etc. Our women are at the centre of everything we do.
Oh wow that is incredible! Our trust is still only allowing 1 BP I believe and only as mum is close to giving birth

What happened to the £10,000 fines for gatherings over 30 people 🤔

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
You're running out yourselves I wouldn't be so hasty :rolleyes:
I said when we were sorted as we've got enough pre purchased for everyone here to have a handful each. Although people have suffered with the Pfizer one if you click the link to see the replies or search the hashtag...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I said when we were sorted as we've got enough pre purchased for everyone here to have a handful each. Although people have suffered with the Pfizer one if you click the link to see the replies or search the hashtag...

A twitter with the handle #sheep #redpilluk and 'make Britain great again' posting a collection of facebook screenshots may not be the best source for information.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

What happened to the £10,000 fines for gatherings over 30 people 🤔
I wonder if that figure of 200 will be reduced as the day goes by. The 400 guests at the recent wedding has now been reduced to 150. Who says the police can’t do sums? 🙄😁

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I wonder if that figure of 200 will be reduced as the day goes by. The 400 guests at the recent wedding has now been reduced to 150. Who says the police can’t do sums? 🙄😁
Whose counting during a stampede 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Unless he grovels we are done. He wouldn’t answer the phone to my calls so I have sent him this:

Since you’re not answering the phone and I have no idea if you’ve blocked me, I am taking things into my own hands. To tell me I need to go back to therapy as an attack was a red flag for me. It was very unkind. To tell me that you don’t like who I am as a person was low. If that’s the case, why would you even want to be with me? I’ve been nothing but supportive of you and I’ve cherished our time together. I love you with everything that I have. But if you’re not sure on me and you’re already ready to give up, then I don’t see the point in waiting a week to just hear you say that you’re done with me. Those types of comments you have made are not ones easily forgotten. I’m taking charge of this now. If that’s what you think of me, especially that I’d steal your money as well, then you obviously don’t know me at all. We are finished and I wish you the very best. I hope you get your life plan figured out and I hope you meet someone who is on the same wavelength as you. I love you, but sometimes that isn’t enough.

The money part of the message relates to a trading forex account he set me up with as he has a broker friend and wanted to make some commission money. He put his own money in the account and for some reason thinks that I would run off with it. I’m not like that. Don’t want the money or even need it! Purely set up the account to help him out.

Lockdown is lonely and it’s definitely about to get a lot worse. I’ve been majorly disrespected.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I also feel like now places like the dentist and vets are opening up for routine things , they seem to expect us to jump at the chance to go for an appointment now they have decided they are up and running again, and have clicked their fingers for us , so to speak.
As a veterinary nurse, I find that a really frustrating comment. My practice isn't open for 'routine stuff', no booster vaccines, clip nails. We still won't let clients inside.

But the demand from our clients is still really high. They *want* to come in for their pets flea treatment (that could easily be posted), they *want* to get their pet neutered right now. A lot of them don't have the decency to wear a mask when we are chatting to them (yes it's outside, but we are less than 2m apart).

During the April, our daily demand for flea and wormers increased by approximately 40-50% compared to normal. This included requests from clients whose animals we hadn't seen for years (I spoke to one who we hadn't seen since 2015). It was just an excuse to leave the house. Many decided they didn't need it once we insisted they had to be posted.

ETA: I don't think I have explained this very well. My point was a direct response to the post I have quoted. That poster implies that vets/dentists have decided we are open and expect our clients to attend appointments ("now we've clicked our fingers"), whereas in reality it's the clients that are pushing demand wanting these appointments.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Unless he grovels we are done. He wouldn’t answer the phone to my calls so I have sent him this:

Since you’re not answering the phone and I have no idea if you’ve blocked me, I am taking things into my own hands. To tell me I need to go back to therapy as an attack was a red flag for me. It was very unkind. To tell me that you don’t like who I am as a person was low. If that’s the case, why would you even want to be with me? I’ve been nothing but supportive of you and I’ve cherished our time together. I love you with everything that I have. But if you’re not sure on me and you’re already ready to give up, then I don’t see the point in waiting a week to just hear you say that you’re done with me. Those types of comments you have made are not ones easily forgotten. I’m taking charge of this now. If that’s what you think of me, especially that I’d steal your money as well, then you obviously don’t know me at all. We are finished and I wish you the very best. I hope you get your life plan figured out and I hope you meet someone who is on the same wavelength as you. I love you, but sometimes that isn’t enough.

The money part of the message relates to a trading forex account he set me up with as he has a broker friend and wanted to make some commission money. He put his own money in the account and for some reason thinks that I would run off with it. I’m not like that. Don’t want the money or even need it! Purely set up the account to help him out.

Lockdown is lonely and it’s definitely about to get a lot worse. I’ve been majorly disrespected.
Well done. You have been brave and assertive. 💓

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Honestly, you haven't been together that long and he's made you feel like this? You should still be in the honeymoon phase! When someone shows you who they are, listen. You deserve to be happy and with someone who doesn't hurt you. If it's like this now, how will it be in a year, 5 years, 10 years down the line? Sending you a virtual hug xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
As a veterinary nurse, I find that a really frustrating comment. My practice isn't open for 'routine stuff', no booster vaccines, clip nails. We still won't let clients inside.

But the demand from our clients is still really high. They *want* to come in for their pets flea treatment (that could easily be posted), they *want* to get their pet neutered right now. A lot of them don't have the decency to wear a mask when we are chatting to them (yes it's outside, but we are less than 2m apart).

During the April, our daily demand for flea and wormers increased by approximately 40-50% compared to normal. This included requests from clients whose animals we hadn't seen for years (I spoke to one who we hadn't seen since 2015). It was just an excuse to leave the house. Many decided they didn't need it once we insisted they had to be posted.
I'm surprised as a vet nurse you think neutering animals is a 'want' rather than a need.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm surprised as a vet nurse you think neutering animals is a 'want' rather than a need.
Young, healthy animals with responsible owners don't *need* to be neutered *right now*. It can wait til numbers are lower. If there is a health need, then, yes we would do it.

ETA: remember we are only supposed to be leaving the house for essential journeys.

Reactions: 3
Been for my local walk with a friend the sun was shining, had a hot chocolate, bought some local ice cream and chocolate brownies on the way back and the world seems better 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Young, healthy animals with responsible owners don't *need* to be neutered *right now*. It can wait til numbers are lower. If there is a health need, then, yes we would do it.
But this has been going on from last year, many vets didn't increase their services when things opened up.
If you have a cat don't want a litter you can't just ask them to keep it in their pants until the summer, or start keeping them cooped up for over a year, therefore it is only creating more unnecessary vet work when litters come along.

We changed our local vet as they refused to do Myxomatosis vaccines in the summer, luckily another vet understood that they were incredibly important vaccines and you should absolutely not just skip a year.

It's like the GPs who were refusing contraception prescriptions without blood pressure being taken but not offering appointments for blood pressure to be taken. Hard to see who that helps or how it really helps the strain on healthcare at all.

Reactions: 11
Also, I realised my context has been slightly misjudged. My point about *wanting* was in regards to this

"I also feel like now places like the dentist and vets are opening up for routine things , they seem to expect us to jump at the chance to go for an appointment now they have decided they are up and running again, and have clicked their fingers for us , so to speak."

it's not that vets expect clients to jump at the chance for an appointment, but the demand from clients is there.

But this has been going on from last year, many vets didn't increase their services when things opened up.
If you have a cat don't want a litter you can't just ask them to keep it in their pants until the summer, or start keeping them cooped up for over a year, therefore it is only creating more unnecessary vet work when litters come along.

We changed our local vet as they refused to do Myxomatosis vaccines in the summer, luckily another vet understood that they were incredibly important vaccines and you should absolutely not just skip a year.

It's like the GPs who were refusing contraception prescriptions without blood pressure being taken but not offering appointments for blood pressure to be taken. Hard to see who that helps or how it really helps the strain on healthcare at all.
Many vets may not have had capacity or staff to do these services. I can't comment on your practice, but we did offer Myxo/RHD vaccines throughout, because there is a health need. Same with neutering a cat with mixed sex households.

Reactions: 5

ETA: remember we are only supposed to be leaving the house for essential journeys.
But isn’t reducing the risk of developing ovarian cancer or mammary cancer and reducing uterine infections surely a health need

I could be wrong but that’s why we got our dogs done . The oldest developed breast cancer so she got spayed to reduce the risk of other cancers and then when we got the younger puppy she got done straight away for those reason

Reactions: 2
But isn’t reducing the risk of developing ovarian cancer or mammary cancer and reducing uterine infections surely a health need

I could be wrong but that’s why we got our dogs done . The oldest developed breast cancer so she got spayed to reduce the risk of other cancers and then when we got the younger puppy she got done straight away for those reason
Please see my post above. The context about need/want has been slightly misjudged/badly written on my behalf.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.