Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #76

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello everyone. Here to pick your brains again regarding UK covid rules.

My friend is an essential worker in a nursery, she’s been told to self isolate as she came into contact with someone who tested positive. However her manager has told her they can’t go without her so they’ve asked her to drive to the nursery every day to have a covid test done and if it’s negative she can come in to work? Can someone advise whether this is actually legal? I’ve told her it doesn’t sound right as if she’s been told to self isolate, she has to isolate full stop.
She said apparently their HR department have researched it and seemingly it’s fine. All seems fishy to me.
Even if she has a negative test she still has to isolate for 10 days from last contact with person who is positive. She can be liable to a fine if up to 10 grand, have test and trace contacted her?

This would NOT be good press for the nursery if it was to get out.

Reactions: 7
What was the new testing strategy they were to try in the schools where you didn't need to isolate just take a daily test ,could it be that ? Williamson said it was to cut down on staff shortages .

Reactions: 3
What was the new testing strategy they were to try in the schools where you didn't need to isolate just take a daily test ,could it be that ? Williamson said it was to cut down on staff shortages .
Ahh maybe? I dont work in education so just assumed the rules were the same. Seems like a really risky move, can't say I'd be too happy with that as a worker or parent!

Reactions: 3
That was secondary schools only though, they have talked about primary but obviously it would be a lot more difficult because a 5 year old couldn’t test themselves

Reactions: 4
That was secondary schools only though, they have talked about primary but obviously it would be a lot more difficult because a 5 year old couldn’t test themselves
I didn't know what it was I just remember reading about it .

Ahh maybe? I dont work in education so just assumed the rules were the same. Seems like a really risky move, can't say I'd be too happy with that as a worker or parent!
I don't know the details I just remember reading about it ,but it is a risk .

That seems like what they’re trying to get her to do. I don’t live in the UK so wasn’t aware that was a thing at all.

Reactions: 1
That seems like what they’re trying to get her to do. I don’t live in the UK so wasn’t aware that was a thing at all.
I would tell your friend not to do anything other than self isolate unless HR can provide official guidance from the government to the contrary.

Reactions: 5
They are doing this at my husbands work, if you have been told to isolate you can opt to be part of the trial and be tested daily. If it’s negative you are permitted not to isolate and it’s valid for 24 hours. He says you have to wait 30 minutes as they have found some people test positive after 20.

Reactions: 2
They are doing this at my husbands work, if you have been told to isolate you can opt to be part of the trial and be tested daily. If it’s negative you are permitted not to isolate and it’s valid for 24 hours. He says you have to wait 30 minutes as they have found some people test positive after 20.
Maybe it’s a new thing then I only heard of the schools.

Yes his letter says it’s a trial and he can opt out. He’s been testing for over a week now, thankfully all negative.
I suppose it makes sense as the cases are so high atm some essential businesses wouldn't be able to operate .

Reactions: 1
Fingers crossed for your mum.
When did she have her vaccine? Doesn’t it take 2 weeks to be fully affective?
My best friend is a nurse and a colleague of hers is off with Covid for the second time.
It is worrying.
Thankfully her results were negative. She's still feeling rubbish but we
Fingers crossed for your mum.
When did she have her vaccine? Doesn’t it take 2 weeks to be fully affective?
My best friend is a nurse and a colleague of hers is off with Covid for the second time.
It is worrying.
Thankfully her test was negative. She's still feeling like crap but putting it down to just feeling run down about everything. She only had her vaccine 6 days ago so hopefully it will protect her now and she's booked in for her second one, I'm glad that hasn't been postponed. I hope your friends colleague recovers quickly. Nurses truly are wonderful, they are sacrificing so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Priti doing the broadcast today, about to start now. Boris must be out on his bike again.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.