Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #76

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m worried I have it. I’ve had a sore throat for over a week and a half but no other symptoms at all. I’ve tried to fill in the form to request a test but it says I’m not eligible. Any other way I can get a test ? Isolating as precaution.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I’m worried I have it. I’ve had a sore throat for over a week and a half but no other symptoms at all. I’ve tried to fill in the form to request a test but it says I’m not eligible. Any other way I can get a test ? Isolating as precaution.
Some areas are saying get a test if you have other symptoms, and to get a test you tick that you've been asked to by county council. Otherwise you could lie. I don't like recommending that as I know the test centres are busy but if you really suspect it then I'd do what you have to to get one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
It’s unlikely to be covid, but if you’re really worried honestly I would just say you’ve lost your sense of smell/taste then I believe you’d be eligible. Probably not the most ethical thing to do but otherwise you may be isolating unnecessarily.

Reactions: 5
It’s unlikely to be covid, but if you’re really worried honestly I would just say you’ve lost your sense of smell/taste then I believe you’d be eligible. Probably not the most ethical thing to do but otherwise you may be isolating unnecessarily.
Thank you.
I know the tests are expensive, I probably shouldn’t waste one. I guess I’m just paranoid as I feel like I’ve had this sore throat forever!

Reactions: 1
Thank you.
I know the tests are expensive, I probably shouldn’t waste one. I guess I’m just paranoid as I feel like I’ve had this sore throat forever!
There’s probably also an element of being stuck indoors more than usual with the heating on, I find I always get a sore throat at this time of year because the air is so dry!

Reactions: 8
Thank you.
Other winter virus's like colds and stuff, are still hanging around as well, so it might just be that. However, for the sake of your mental health, I would go and get a test. Its best to know you haven't got it (fingers crossed for you) than to worry and stress that you have it.

There’s probably also an element of being stuck indoors more than usual with the heating on, I find I always get a sore throat at this time of year because the air is so dry!
I’ve been the same for the past 10 days or so. Very dry throat etc - put it down to the central heating being on.

None of the vaccines offer guaranteed 100% protection against catching it so until the people they’re treating are likely vaccinated this will mean they need to Isolate. We’re going to hear of a lot of cases in the media because it sells stories but in real terms the number of people who will catch covid after both jabs are effective is very small. Once the majority of people are vaccinated this will be similar to a healthcare worker needing to take time off if they have a vomiting bug or flu etc to protect the vulnerable. Data shows that you’re pretty much guaranteed not to need hospitalisation if you do catch it after the vaccine which is really what this is all about - pushing the virus to become a mild one & protecting the system from being overrun.

Reactions: 7
None of the vaccines offer guaranteed 100% protection against catching it so until the people they’re treating are likely vaccinated this will mean they need to Isolate. We’re going to hear of a lot of cases in the media because it sells stories but in real terms the number of people who will catch covid after both jabs are effective is very small. Once the majority of people are vaccinated this will be similar to a healthcare worker needing to take time off if they have a vomiting bug or flu etc to protect the vulnerable. Data shows that you’re pretty much guaranteed not to need hospitalisation if you do catch it after the vaccine which is really what this is all about - pushing the virus to become a mild one & protecting the system from being overrun.
Yeah just wondering how long that would take to achieve especially with cases so high the doc that runs the ZOE app tweeted he was getting a lot of reports of healthcare staff still testing pos after the jabs so it looks like it won’t be a quick fix.

Reactions: 1
Took my folks for their first dose of vaccine today. Super organised and quick. 15 minute wait after the vaccine in a (socially distanced) waiting room to
make sure no reactions, then on our way. They were advised next dose could be anything between 3 and 12 weeks. I’m pleased for them and everyone else that has managed to get one so far

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Haven't cried in ages but burst into tears watching the news and hearing about a lovely GP who delayed retirement because he wanted to help in the pandemic, caught Covid and died. Feel so overwhelmed thinking about everyone losing loved ones 😢 this really is so cruel.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Someone I know has posted a video of their toddlers running round M&S today and put “thanks for the day trip”. She’s in a bubble with her able bodied Mum and doesn’t work at the minute... leave the kids at home ffs!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Received this email from Sainsburys today. Anyone else have one?

I have spent a lot of time in our stores over the past few days and I need to ask for your help with two key issues to keep you and all my colleagues safe.
When shopping in our stores, you must wear a mask or visor unless you have a medical exemption. And you should also shop on your own. Thank you for your support.
Security guards will support our colleagues at the front of store and will challenge customers who are not wearing masks or who are shopping in groups. I know you’ll understand and support what we are trying to do.
We have also significantly reduced the number of customers allowed in our stores at any one time to ensure social distancing is maintained at all times.
Together, these steps will go a long way to keep everyone safe, whether you are shopping or working with us.
Please wear a mask or visor and please shop alone in our stores. Thank you for helping us to keep everyone safe.
Best wishes

Simon

Someone I know has posted a video of their toddlers running round M&S today and put “thanks for the day trip”. She’s in a bubble with her able bodied Mum and doesn’t work at the minute... leave the kids at home ffs!
I feel sorry for people that have so little in their lives that they have to try and create some excitement or drama by posting this stuff. Pitiful. Bad enough doing it in the first place, but posting it like its something to boast about. Shame on them.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.