Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #76

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
unagi I know you like the conspiracy thread šŸ˜‚ sorry iā€™ve insulted.

But I do agree thereā€™s a lot of blame to go around for sure!
Itā€™s all good, no harm, no foul šŸ˜Š

I do think that once it is over and it will be (one way or another), there needs to be a public enquiry on the governments handling of the situation. A lot of people have died needlessly and families deserve answers.

Reactions: 7
I see a lot of death certificates through my line of work. Back in March/April we had a few that said Covid19 - suspected
Me too (I work in probate) but haven't come across any that say "suspected" only Covid19. That's interesting to know though!

I think there were a lot of ā€œpresumedā€ covid cases from people early on before testing was ramped up. I remember a lot of posts about it, people saying their relatives had had it recorded without ever having a test.
Ahh, makes sense. Thanks!
Have to say, I don't know if it sits comfortably with me recording it without evidence but who am I to say!

Reactions: 2
you know what the really sad thing is,
between the media, the ā€œantiā€ crew and social media in general.

I've become someone who sees a report like this and questions if itā€™s true.
I never thought Iā€™d be that cautious when it comes to reports like this when thereā€™s no actual evidence itā€™s not true!!

the last year has done a number on us in so many ways

on a lighter note I do love a cheese single. šŸ˜‹
Itā€™s there. I live 20mins away and have a friend who is working there. šŸ˜”

Reactions: 1
Well my Mom has symptoms (she works on a covid ward) she's already had the virus, she has antibodies and she's had her first dose of the vaccine. Hopefully her test comes back negative today or I'm going to lose every last bit of faith I have that we'll be out of this situation soon šŸ˜ž.
In my nhs department we are finding that Staff who have already had the virus are having a lot of post vaccine symptoms compared to staff who havenā€™t had the virus. From sore arms to full blown covid symptoms reducing staffing levels yet again, but most staff report this passes within 3-4 days. Hopefully your mum will be on the mend soon

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Well my Mom has symptoms (she works on a covid ward) she's already had the virus, she has antibodies and she's had her first dose of the vaccine. Hopefully her test comes back negative today or I'm going to lose every last bit of faith I have that we'll be out of this situation soon šŸ˜ž.
Fingers crossed for your mum.
When did she have her vaccine? Doesnā€™t it take 2 weeks to be fully affective?
My best friend is a nurse and a colleague of hers is off with Covid for the second time.
It is worrying.

Reactions: 2
Do they know? Thatā€™s so awful. Thinking of you. Are you ok?
I've not said anything about it but we had vouchers over Christmas so they are aware. We are ok though, we love food and it's budgeted for.

• Heart
Just had a call from the local vaccine hub wanting to speak to my son. They are going through the over 75s list and wanted to offer him the jab. He is 6. "oh I'm so sorry I don't know how this has happened". Makes me wonder what other incorrect info they are holding. His date of birth is correct on his NHS records so I have no idea how he's on the over 75 list šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
I started reading that and thought ā€œJesus Christ how old is bubbadabut to have a 75 year old sonā€ šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Fully agree about Trump, but I think similar can be said about the majority of leaders during the pandemic.
The U.K. and Ireland included. šŸ˜

Theyā€™re all lucky Trump existed šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 9

Seems the BBC are very keen to bang the drum on making sure we abide by the government's current lockdown rules, even if its to the detriment of ordinary people's livelihoods and mental health.

And yet, this video purports to show the BBC filming an episode of Doctor Who on a beach in Wales these last few days, and there doesn't appear to be much SD or mask wearing going on.

The commentator in the video does make the point that such filming for TV shows is "exempt" from Covid rules (1m13s). I don't know if that is true, but one does wonder why?
Some jobs itā€™s literally not possible to work with covid guidelines - healthcare, construction etc. Filming is like professional sports, itā€™s not quite possible to be 2m apart but other measures are used instead, regular testing and the crew isolating together.
BIL works in the film industry and is tested every other day.

Reactions: 4
Just watched the covid episode of casualty. Couldn't actually breath through the tears. So difficult to watch

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Does anyone in Scotland have any thoughts on whether any restrictions will be lifted at the end of January?

Does anyone in Scotland have any thoughts on whether any restrictions will be lifted at the end of January?
Sturgeon said it was very unlikely anything would be lifted, if anything we're looking at more restrictions because they're reviewing things like click and collect services. Get a better idea tomorrow when she's in parliament.

Just had a call from the local vaccine hub wanting to speak to my son. They are going through the over 75s list and wanted to offer him the jab. He is 6. "oh I'm so sorry I don't know how this has happened". Makes me wonder what other incorrect info they are holding. His date of birth is correct on his NHS records so I have no idea how he's on the over 75 list šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
It is quite concerning how the incorrect info ends up there in the first place.
Not Covid related but this has reminded me that several years ago the DVLA told my husband that according to their records he was deceased when he rang up about a problem with his driving licence...!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Hello everyone. Here to pick your brains again regarding UK covid rules.

My friend is an essential worker in a nursery, sheā€™s been told to self isolate as she came into contact with someone who tested positive. However her manager has told her they canā€™t go without her so theyā€™ve asked her to drive to the nursery every day to have a covid test done and if itā€™s negative she can come in to work? Can someone advise whether this is actually legal? Iā€™ve told her it doesnā€™t sound right as if sheā€™s been told to self isolate, she has to isolate full stop.
She said apparently their HR department have researched it and seemingly itā€™s fine. All seems fishy to me.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Hello everyone. Here to pick your brains again regarding UK covid rules.

My friend is an essential worker in a nursery, sheā€™s been told to self isolate as she came into contact with someone who tested positive. However her manager has told her they canā€™t go without her so theyā€™ve asked her to drive to the nursery every day to have a covid test done and if itā€™s negative she can come in to work? Can someone advise whether this is actually legal? Iā€™ve told her it doesnā€™t sound right as if sheā€™s been told to self isolate, she has to isolate full stop.
She said apparently their HR department have researched it and seemingly itā€™s fine. All seems fishy to me.
It's my understanding that, if contacted by track and trace, it's actually law so she has to follow it.

Reactions: 3
It's my understanding that, if contacted by track and trace, it's actually law so she has to follow it.
Thatā€™s what I thought too. I also believe if you contact 119? she can get an isolation letter for her employer which states she has to self isolate. But theyā€™re adamant she can work with a negative covid test. Which seems stupid because I thought it can take a few days to test positive but the virus can still be spread?

Re wearing faced coverings in enclosed spaces:
Some people apparently donā€™t know this is mandatory, has been since July.
Because any Tom, Dick or Harry can download certificates and get lanyards they are meaningless and not valid. GPs wonā€™t issue certificates as the Government says they donā€™t need to. Security staff have no power to enforce this rule. People cannot be questioned about their medical condition.
The only way to be safe in enclosed public spaces, is for people who canā€™t wear any of the vast array of face coverings or visors available , to do the responsible thing to protect others, stay home apart from outdoor exercise, and make other arrangements for their shopping and other business.This should have been the case since the first lockdown.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.