Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #76

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a nectar card and sainsburys credit card and didn't get an email. Saw it on our local Facebook page and thought it was made up because our Sainsburys constantly plays a message over the tannoys saying they won't challenge anyone not wearing a mask and don't expect other customers to challenge each other as not all disabilities are visible!

I try to avoid it as its always heaving in ours and people just don't back the duck off!! 😂
No deff not made up I got one before aswell to say about only one person allowed to shop no couples etc

Reactions: 1
I went to B&M today (for some bits for school/work, please no one start the is B&M essential chat), I eyed up the Easter eggs and then walked away

regretting my decision now
ive got mini eggs and Easter eggs coming in my Tesco order tomorrow - i can’t wait!

I will now have to wait until I need milk or the like to go back to the shop, don’t want to get arrested for just getting my chocolate fix

• Haha
Mr P asked why I just didn't buy a chocolate bar as it was cheaper. I'm sure that's grounds for divorce.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Guys I’ve only just gotten rid of (eaten) my Christmas chocolate, I can’t start on Easter eggs already 😂 I’ll be the size of a bloody whale by the time we come out of lockdown a.k.a CHOCDOWN

• Haha
Reactions: 10
News at Tens making for terrible viewing Covid patients being sent out to care homes again and unable to leave their rooms ,carers breaking down on camera :(

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I’m worried I have it. I’ve had a sore throat for over a week and a half but no other symptoms at all. I’ve tried to fill in the form to request a test but it says I’m not eligible. Any other way I can get a test ? Isolating as precaution.
If you've already been isolating for a while anyway, then I wouldn't worry. People who have tested positive often still have lingering symptoms once their isolation period is over.

I always seem to have a sore throat too if I think about it. Probably a mix of being psychosomatic and having the heating on .

From what I can gather vaccine passports, in the form of an app, will be trialled until March in two areas (the areas haven't been announced yet). Primarily it is meant to assist the NHS in keeping track of who/how many have had the vaccine and how many doses they have had.

However, health minister Nadim Zahawi talks about it being used for travel and also how the app could be used to help open things up from lockdown. So people could go to venues and prove they have had the vaccine to allow them entry.

The article I read (it was one that referenced The Telegraph rather than the article you posted) makes mention that if it were to be used like that then it would be another U turn for the government who have previously said vaccine passports to allow entry were not being considered.
Everyone has a unique NHS number and has done for years. I even know mine off by heart because I moved house recently and it makes things like changing doctor and dentist easier if you know it. Now I know the government's Excel skills are pretty shocking as we saw late last year, but seriously all they have to do is start a new table in their existing databases listing NHS number, date and make of first covid vaccine, date and make of second covid vaccine. When you see how much data, photos etc the GP or hospital already store on you, adding a couple of simple vaccination dates should be simple. They do not need a fecking dedicated app, with all the conspiracy baggage it comes with, to keep track of simple stuff like this.

Vaccine rollout chief response to the telegraph article:

Any UK Government minister flat out denying something means it's being announced two days later, we've surely learned that by now?

Reactions: 9

Another person who's had the vaccine but caught it quickly :( I wouldn't be against health staff being given their second dose quickly.
Would they need another dose in this case wouldn't they have enough antibodies from the real infection ?

Everyone has a unique NHS number and has done for years. I even know mine off by heart because I moved house recently and it makes things like changing doctor and dentist easier if you know it. Now I know the government's Excel skills are pretty shocking as we saw late last year, but seriously all they have to do is start a new table in their existing databases listing NHS number, date and make of first covid vaccine, date and make of second covid vaccine. When you see how much data, photos etc the GP or hospital already store on you, adding a couple of simple vaccination dates should be simple. They do not need a fecking dedicated app, with all the conspiracy baggage it comes with, to keep track of simple stuff like this.
Whenever anyone is given any sort of innovation it is recorded in patients notes as a matter of course, including batch numbers, dates, etc.

They're already ahead of you Kev 😂

Whenever anyone is given any sort of innovation it is recorded in patients notes as a matter of course, including batch numbers, dates, etc.

They're already ahead of you Kev 😂
Yes I know, that is what I am saying, so where is the Telegraph vaccine passport app tit coming from then and why is the government piloting it?

Reactions: 4
Would they need another dose in this case wouldn't they have enough antibodies from the real infection ?
On the one show they had someone on (scientist I think from the Oxford vaccination) who said even if you've had covid you'd still need a vaccination as not everyone is immune after and also something about antibodies (kids were talking so didn't catch what she said)

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.