Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Moolo

My MIL has just been put on a ventilator due to her covid. I'm now listening to my poor husband telling his dad in hospital the sad news.

I'm so mad and angry right now - if they had just locked down a couple of weeks earlier this wouldn't be happening. She has not broken a single rule - all she did was pop into a corner shop and now she's fighting for her life on a ventilator less than 3 weeks later.

Not sure why im putting this here but I just needed to get that out - im so sad and scared for her. Wishing I was religious so I could pray for her recovery but know so many people in the exact same position. This is a cruel and evil virus.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 65

Aboveallelse

First time dipping into the covid threads, what I wanna know is how so many selfish little shits are getting away with travelling to Dubai. What are they quoting for this "essential reason" I hope the careless twerps are stuck out there til this lockdown ends!

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
People need to stop consuming main stream media news, I saw so many freaking out about these “new restrictions“ to the point they were making themselves sick,

when all along it was scaremongering used to get clicks.

stop reading it, stop posting the links to sites that are clearly craving traffic for themselves and not giving out accurate information.

stop freaking out,
you've done this before,
we’ve all done this before, it really isn’t going to EVER go to levels your head is making you believe it is.

take a break from how shit everything is and just escape your mind for a bit.
It’s the homestretch,
don’t give up now. 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 44

leoladyxo

VIP Member
You absolutely could, but why should you have to feel guilty and sneaky for doing something like that? Let’s be fair, that behaviour isn’t spreading the virus is it.
At a certain point it is an infringement of our human rights. I believe the virus is real, before anyone starts. 😂😂 But these measures are starting to become very totalitarian and I’m acutely aware of the fact that we aren’t legally allowed to demonstrate with more than one other person. I didn’t sign up to live in East Germany under the Stasi where we are all encouraged to inform on rule breakers with a “it doesn’t matter if it’s your friends or family” rhetoric. I think most people at the last election just wanted a conclusion to Brexit and look what we got! I’ve been turning a blind eye to rule breaches by my neighbours and friends for months. Everyone is doing what they can to survive mentally. If that means they need to see a friend inside, then do it. I would still meet my boyfriend outside (as long as he wanted to) if they bring these rules in because at a certain point the rules are inhumane. The real problem here was the schools but the Government politicised that beyond belief and wouldn’t shut them and now everyone’s mental health is paying the price. I have noticed that some people on here relish the fact they noticed their neighbour doing something against the rules - let me put it this way: that might be their lifeline, don’t report them and move on with your life. What it actually means, is that they won’t report you either! 👏🏻😉

• Heart
Reactions: 36

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Just had a call from the local vaccine hub wanting to speak to my son. They are going through the over 75s list and wanted to offer him the jab. He is 6. "oh I'm so sorry I don't know how this has happened". Makes me wonder what other incorrect info they are holding. His date of birth is correct on his NHS records so I have no idea how he's on the over 75 list 🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Meangirl815

VIP Member
I rang my kids school yesterday in tears. I had already emailed in to say i couldn't commit to full homeschooling for all 3 kids but i was at breaking point and needed to have an actual conversation with someone. I just needed to hear that although the school are sending out full timetables that they understood our personal circumstances means we can't do 6hrs work a day per child.

I slept so much better last night (had my 6yr old in with me and she tickled my arm until i fell asleep 🥰🥰) and have woke up today feeling as positive as i have felt in a while.

So I'm just here to send out virtual hugs to all who need one

With the help and support we can give each other on here, we CAN get through locky d 3

(gonna bookmark this to read back during my next personal breakdown)

• Heart

Doc

VIP Member
So entertaining day at school. 52% of kids in today, peaking at 58% on Wednesday. Two mums who definitely do NOT like each other had a slanging match at the school gates, both accusing the other of needlessly using school places 😂

Head sent a letter out basically appealing to parents’ better nature and saying even though places are available if only one parent is a critical worker, if provision is used unnecessarily then we may have to start filtering places as demand is too high. Which I think will probably cause more arguments in the community tbh.

Topic work today covered “alive, once alive and never alive”. A kid earnestly pointed to me as an example of something that was once alive, and I truly felt that to my core. 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35

Chipstiz

Once a week exercise is a ridiculous rule that I will not be following. I am in a small flat with a 2 year old and a 1 year old. We don't have a garden. They're climbing the walls as it is. To only let them out of the house to get fresh air once a week is honestly verging on abuse in my opinion. People in prison get better. My mental health would be non existent and they would be completely miserable. Not happening.

Reactions: 33

Tublet83

VIP Member
I need some advice, I’m really really struggling at home mentally. The last lockdown in November I tried to take my own life due to the stress of being in my home alone most of the time and I don’t get on with my family and it’s getting to that point again. I live near Manchester and my friend has a uni house near leeds. She’s said I can move in with her for the rest of lockdown but I can’t drive so I would have to get the train. She said there’s no police at the train stations but I don’t know if my reason is counted as essential travel or not I can’t see it anywhere online. I can’t really afford a fine to be honest but if I stay here I’m worried what will happen, I’m on anti depressants and anti psychotic medication but mental health services have still got me on a waiting list from nearly a year ago. I just really need some advice.
Just go it’s definitely essential travel Xxx

• Heart

2020two

Chatty Member
Haven't cried in ages but burst into tears watching the news and hearing about a lovely GP who delayed retirement because he wanted to help in the pandemic, caught Covid and died. Feel so overwhelmed thinking about everyone losing loved ones 😢 this really is so cruel.

• Sad
  • Heart

jazyblu

Chatty Member
Don't worry officer I'm not actually out for exercise today, I'm only out to grab my Next click and collect and a caramel latte.

• Haha

Tui

VIP Member
Supermarket workers don’t get paid anywhere near enough to deal with the shit that the Great British Public will dole out to them. They’ll need to get tough security guards or even police to enforce it.

Reactions: 32

Gembo

VIP Member
My husbands friend is currently in hospital with covid needing oxygen, we were informed this morning. No underlying health conditions that we are aware of, generally fit and healthy, 39 years old. It’s actually really freaked me out quite a lot today finding that out.

• Sad
Reactions: 32

shirleymaclaine1

Well I'm absolutely thrilled for those posters on the last thread. Will they be telling families their relatives didn't die or should I? Honestly these Covid deniers should really be spending their free time volunteering for the NHS instead of reading conspiracy theories on Facebook or watching YouTube videos. Fair enough, freedom of speech and everyone's entitled to their opinion and whatever, but to me I don't think anyone is entitled to an opinion when it comes to someone's death. Even if it's not death, the reports of long covid have gone up. Previously perfectly healthy people are now facing lifelong issues such as reduced lung capacity or heart problems. This really isn't a joke and no one's laughing anymore
Exactly this, my 73 yr old rules-abiding mum (no underlying health conditions) is currently clinging onto life on a COVID ward and we have no idea if she will survive or not. We’ve been told that even if she does live she will require intensive rehabilitation at home lasting months or even years. It makes me so mad that a lot of people are still so blasé about the whole COVID situation that they are prepared to risk the lives of others just so that they can carry on ‘living their lives’ without considering the potential effect on others like my mum.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Y’all talking about summer holidays and I’m just sitting here waiting for the day I can go into Marks and Sparks just to browse the Percy Pig selection without the fear of getting arrested 😐

2021 - living the fucking dream!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 30

OatMatchaLatte

VIP Member
I’ll accept being told I can go outside once a week when coffee shops and all these other “essential” (spoiler alert: they aren’t) services close.

Single and childless people are completely invisible to this government. They only compute couples or families as households. People who live alone, or people who live in house shares, are just fucked every which way by any level of restrictions other than tier 1. Bubbles aren’t a solution as you have to find someone else who isn’t already in a bubble.

I’m not sure what my point is here. Just fed up of the news being worse every day. Rant over.
Totally agree on single and childless people being invisible. I've given up everything in my life but work and going to the supermarket. Im sorry, but they will not take my daily walk away.

I'm a couple now, but only a couple of years ago i was living alone in a tiny attic bedsit. I keep thinking about whoever is living there now, through all this. There was space for a wardrobe, double bed and a tiny sofa. I could almost touch my kitchen from my bed. It was boiling in the summer and freezing in the winter. Shared bathroom. And I'd have been working there, too.

The government would do well to remember single people, childless people and how many family units looks very different to mum, dad and 2.4 children.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Just had a call from the local vaccine hub wanting to speak to my son. They are going through the over 75s list and wanted to offer him the jab. He is 6. "oh I'm so sorry I don't know how this has happened". Makes me wonder what other incorrect info they are holding. His date of birth is correct on his NHS records so I have no idea how he's on the over 75 list 🤷🏼‍♀️
I started reading that and thought “Jesus Christ how old is bubbadabut to have a 75 year old son” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28

LucilleBluth

I’ll accept being told I can go outside once a week when coffee shops and all these other “essential” (spoiler alert: they aren’t) services close.

Single and childless people are completely invisible to this government. They only compute couples or families as households. People who live alone, or people who live in house shares, are just fucked every which way by any level of restrictions other than tier 1. Bubbles aren’t a solution as you have to find someone else who isn’t already in a bubble.

I’m not sure what my point is here. Just fed up of the news being worse every day. Rant over.

• Heart

prinnygrace

VIP Member
I need some advice, I’m really really struggling at home mentally. The last lockdown in November I tried to take my own life due to the stress of being in my home alone most of the time and I don’t get on with my family and it’s getting to that point again. I live near Manchester and my friend has a uni house near leeds. She’s said I can move in with her for the rest of lockdown but I can’t drive so I would have to get the train. She said there’s no police at the train stations but I don’t know if my reason is counted as essential travel or not I can’t see it anywhere online. I can’t really afford a fine to be honest but if I stay here I’m worried what will happen, I’m on anti depressants and anti psychotic medication but mental health services have still got me on a waiting list from nearly a year ago. I just really need some advice.
100% essential travel. Sending lots of love xxx

• Heart

Ding

VIP Member
My mums just had a message about our elderly neighbour who went into hospital just before Christmas with a chest infection. She sadly caught covid whilst in there and has passed away ☹
She was such a lovely lady and is the first person I know to have passed away with it.

• Sad
  • Heart