Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #76

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Received this email from Sainsburys today. Anyone else have one?

I have spent a lot of time in our stores over the past few days and I need to ask for your help with two key issues to keep you and all my colleagues safe.
When shopping in our stores, you must wear a mask or visor unless you have a medical exemption. And you should also shop on your own. Thank you for your support.
Security guards will support our colleagues at the front of store and will challenge customers who are not wearing masks or who are shopping in groups. I know you’ll understand and support what we are trying to do.
We have also significantly reduced the number of customers allowed in our stores at any one time to ensure social distancing is maintained at all times.
Together, these steps will go a long way to keep everyone safe, whether you are shopping or working with us.
Please wear a mask or visor and please shop alone in our stores. Thank you for helping us to keep everyone safe.
Best wishes

Simon
Yes I got one

Reactions: 3
I’m worried I have it. I’ve had a sore throat for over a week and a half but no other symptoms at all. I’ve tried to fill in the form to request a test but it says I’m not eligible. Any other way I can get a test ? Isolating as precaution.

Try downloading the Zoe app and record your symptoms on there. They often invite you to be tested as part of their study

That's how we got tested, i recorded having earache (which i did btw) got invited to be tested, added my kids on as 2 of them were isolating due to positives in their school bubble. One of the kids tests came back positive. She never showed any of the 3 'typical' symptoms

Reactions: 4
I’m worried I have it. I’ve had a sore throat for over a week and a half but no other symptoms at all. I’ve tried to fill in the form to request a test but it says I’m not eligible. Any other way I can get a test ? Isolating as precaution.
Can you get one of the quick flow tests by you? You don't need symptoms. A work colleague has just tested positive and only had a sore throat and the sore throat only started on Friday morning, she tested Saturday, did the full one Sunday and got her positive result yesterday.

Reactions: 2
Received this email from Sainsburys today. Anyone else have one?

I have spent a lot of time in our stores over the past few days and I need to ask for your help with two key issues to keep you and all my colleagues safe.
When shopping in our stores, you must wear a mask or visor unless you have a medical exemption. And you should also shop on your own. Thank you for your support.
Security guards will support our colleagues at the front of store and will challenge customers who are not wearing masks or who are shopping in groups. I know you’ll understand and support what we are trying to do.
We have also significantly reduced the number of customers allowed in our stores at any one time to ensure social distancing is maintained at all times.
Together, these steps will go a long way to keep everyone safe, whether you are shopping or working with us.
Please wear a mask or visor and please shop alone in our stores. Thank you for helping us to keep everyone safe.
Best wishes

Simon
Yes I’ve had one

Reactions: 1

Seems the BBC are very keen to bang the drum on making sure we abide by the government's current lockdown rules, even if its to the detriment of ordinary people's livelihoods and mental health.

And yet, this video purports to show the BBC filming an episode of Doctor Who on a beach in Wales these last few days, and there doesn't appear to be much SD or mask wearing going on.

The commentator in the video does make the point that such filming for TV shows is "exempt" from Covid rules (1m13s). I don't know if that is true, but one does wonder why?
Tv show staff are all tested with private lateral flow tests... The same with chat show hosts and guests... So ive read online

There’s probably also an element of being stuck indoors more than usual with the heating on, I find I always get a sore throat at this time of year because the air is so dry!
This is very true. I also have allergies galore so it’s often very difficult for me to tell the difference between an allergy flair up and virus at the best of times.

Other winter virus's like colds and stuff, are still hanging around as well, so it might just be that. However, for the sake of your mental health, I would go and get a test. Its best to know you haven't got it (fingers crossed for you) than to worry and stress that you have it.
Thankyou. That’s why I posted really. Just feel like I’m paranoid. I have allergies all year round anyway, two children and ones of them is only five months and doesn’t sleep more than two hours at a time and I’m breast feeding. I’m probably run down. X

I will still try and get a test though. Thanks for your advice.

What does this mean someone who is good at explaining stuff :geek:?

Take the vaccine or get banned from places. Shops, arenas, stadiums, cinemas etc may want to see your immunity passport through the Serco phone app to prove you have had your jab. If people kick up a fuss government say it's private companies doing what they want nothing to do with us, but really the gov want us all to take a jab so their pharmaceutical mates get filthy rich from regular booster jabs for all.

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
What does this mean someone who is good at explaining stuff :geek:?

From what I can gather vaccine passports, in the form of an app, will be trialled until March in two areas (the areas haven't been announced yet). Primarily it is meant to assist the NHS in keeping track of who/how many have had the vaccine and how many doses they have had.

However, health minister Nadim Zahawi talks about it being used for travel and also how the app could be used to help open things up from lockdown. So people could go to venues and prove they have had the vaccine to allow them entry.

The article I read (it was one that referenced The Telegraph rather than the article you posted) makes mention that if it were to be used like that then it would be another U turn for the government who have previously said vaccine passports to allow entry were not being considered.

• Sad
I think anyone with a nectar card or Sainsburys account would've got one .
I have a nectar card and sainsburys credit card and didn't get an email. Saw it on our local Facebook page and thought it was made up because our Sainsburys constantly plays a message over the tannoys saying they won't challenge anyone not wearing a mask and don't expect other customers to challenge each other as not all disabilities are visible!

I try to avoid it as its always heaving in ours and people just don't back the duck off!! 😂

• Haha
I am not opposed to vaccine passports (because I’ll be taking the vaccine ASAP).

However I am disappointed if they flip flop on this. They are playing into the hands of the conspiracy theorists by doing this and I don’t want it to effect uptake 😩

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.