Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #74

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talking of B&M, during locky d 1 I had to buy hay for my guinea pigs there as my usual online place was closed and the supermarket stuff is not to my piggies liking. Chucked a few tins of baked beans, soup etc in. I even used a trolley 😯

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Husband had a bit of a headache and sore throat then a couple of days later couldn't taste the HP sauce on his breakfast. That was how he knew it was possibly covid.
Thank you! I’ve just booked a test, I can taste somethings but some other things just aren’t there. Still having a gin though 😂

Reactions: 2
Lockdown 1 - 23 March to 28 May
Lockdown 2 - 5 November to 2 December
Lockdown 3 - 5 January - anyone's guess, possibly 19 February

My life is passing me by.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I mean I don’t want to admit this but... there were some Easter eggs there and...

I BROWSED THEM! I know, the shame of it *hangs head*

someone call a covid marshall, I’m out of control 😅😂
If they make covid monopoly this kind of behaviour will be a straight to jail offence, no £200 furlough payment for you!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Talking of B&M, during locky d 1 I had to buy hay for my guinea pigs there as my usual online place was closed and the supermarket stuff is not to my piggies liking. Chucked a few tins of baked beans, soup etc in. I even used a trolley 😯
I didn't read hay so I read it as you bought guinea pigs in B&M and I genuinely thought, wow they really do sell everything there! I've not been for years don't know if you can tell :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I always had to go to like 4 shops to find the hay my rabbit eats. Basket of hay and sweets.
I don’t give a duck 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 6
In
Question about symptoms! 🙋🏼‍♀️ anyone who’s had a loss of taste and sense of smell, did your taste/smell just suddenly go or change over a few days?

I’ve just drank an entire can of Pepsi Max and it tasted like water 😭 ate dinner which I could taste but tasted very bland (was spicy as hell, confirmed by my partner)

I’m going to have a gin tonight to check my tastebuds again and obviously if it’s the same, I’ll book a test but just wanted to hear how everyone else’s taste changed?
My experience and people I know was the sense of smell went first and then taste changed over time. The thing with Covid is that it acts so differently for everyone.

I had it three months ago and my taste and smell still isn't normal. My sense of smell with some things is extremely heightened such as wine, hand sanitiser, hairspray. Smells awful. I don't drink much Cola but it tastes like someone's put something dodgy in it.

Reactions: 4
they sell soap? Arguably essential during a pandemic where the main slogan is WASH YOUR HANDS
Woah, why are you shouting at me? I don’t think we need to list all the essential vs non essential item B&M sell? 🤷🏻‍♀️

In all seriousness, some supermarkets were stopped from selling “non essential” items like books, clothes(in winter) and gardening supplies. Perhaps this should also apply to B&M/RAnge etc? As in: yes, open and sell your essential food, soaps, medicines etc. But not cushions and candles?

Ideally, I hope we don’t go back to this “I spotted someone buying crisps and vodka” malark we experienced last time. However, it’s not fair that supermarkets were restricted and independent retailers made to close. Yet B&M continue to profit from homeware simply by being one of the only shops open. And folk being bored?

Reactions: 7
I didn't read hay so I read it as you bought guinea pigs in B&M and I genuinely thought, wow they really do sell everything there! I've not been for years don't know if you can tell :ROFLMAO:
No admit it, you were all set to be like “BUYING GUINEA PIGS IN A PANDEMIC IS NOT ESSENTIAL!!!!” And then you stopped yourself 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
OMG YES!

“We sell food and medicine and therefore are essential” 😡😡😡

Would be interesting to know what % of their sales were from those “essentials” vs the rest since March. I am on a boycott of B&M and the Range as I think they are being really sneaky.

Cans of fizzy, crisps and multi pack choc bars don’t (in my view) meet the “we sell food” criteria. 🙄🙄
Have you ever actually been to B&M? This post makes me think not as ours stocks more food than our nearest Tesco. Best you stay away though as B&M has some amazing bargains that we’d like to keep to ourselves is a covid cesspit and Tesco is 100% covid secure.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
They will be taped off. Alongside the winter coats and duvets.

Non essential. 😂🙈 God, are we going to have to go back to this? Everyone inspecting each other’s baskets and judging. Yes. Yes that really IS all my crisps. 🙄
i was today years old when I learn that hotel chocolat was an essential service 😂

I’m hoping the malteasters bunny has a fighting chance.
🐰🦠🧆🐣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.