Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #74

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A care home doesn’t need to be open 24 hours a day? Are to serious?
You think carers all clock out in time to get home for dinner and the residents just look after themselves until breakfast?
No of course not ! But many years ago before 24/7 shops became a thing I’m sure care home and hospital staff still managed somehow to shop x

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Next and other non essential retails etc can still open for click and collect too as they are now in T4 also (they had a massive queue when we passed there today so bet they are chuffed as seem to be doing well off it!)

9025C2FB-8A0F-4CD7-BACB-F8B1053CCBA1.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Question about symptoms! 🙋🏼‍♀️ anyone who’s had a loss of taste and sense of smell, did your taste/smell just suddenly go or change over a few days?

I’ve just drank an entire can of Pepsi Max and it tasted like water 😭 ate dinner which I could taste but tasted very bland (was spicy as hell, confirmed by my partner)

I’m going to have a gin tonight to check my tastebuds again and obviously if it’s the same, I’ll book a test but just wanted to hear how everyone else’s taste changed?
we had family friends who said everything just tasted like soap, my friend had it and said that she could just taste nothing. Hope that helps!

oh blimey we are back on the B&M ‘huns’ convo 😅
I’ve decided I’d rather take my chances in B&M with the huns if it means I don’t have to get judged for what I put in my basket in the supermarket!

Reactions: 4
No of course not ! But many years ago before 24/7 shops became a thing I’m sure care home and hospital staff still managed somehow to shop x
Many years ago we also didn’t have the internet but I’m not sure that’s really an argument for getting rid of it.

If someone is worried about working in a busy supermarket reducing the hours literally only does the opposite of making it safer.

Reactions: 6
Question about symptoms! 🙋🏼‍♀️ anyone who’s had a loss of taste and sense of smell, did your taste/smell just suddenly go or change over a few days?

I’ve just drank an entire can of Pepsi Max and it tasted like water 😭 ate dinner which I could taste but tasted very bland (was spicy as hell, confirmed by my partner)

I’m going to have a gin tonight to check my tastebuds again and obviously if it’s the same, I’ll book a test but just wanted to hear how everyone else’s taste changed?
Husband had a bit of a headache and sore throat then a couple of days later couldn't taste the HP sauce on his breakfast. That was how he knew it was possibly covid.

They need to shut B&M, Home Bargains etc and just keep supermarkets and chemists open. There is no need for the huns to go buy 5 bottles of Fabulousa spray and Mini Egg chocolate bars.
OMG YES!

“We sell food and medicine and therefore are essential” 😡😡😡

Would be interesting to know what % of their sales were from those “essentials” vs the rest since March. I am on a boycott of B&M and the Range as I think they are being really sneaky.

Cans of fizzy, crisps and multi pack choc bars don’t (in my view) meet the “we sell food” criteria. 🙄🙄

Reactions: 10
I’ve decided I’d rather take my chances in B&M with the huns if it means I don’t have to get judged for what I put in my basket in the supermarket!
Picked up my washing stuff earlier from B&M and also got some 1001 for my carpet that I didn’t *technically* need. And pop tarts.

I’m basically a hardened criminal now 😎 worried Boris might have me arrested tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
OMG YES!

“We sell food and medicine and therefore are essential” 😡😡😡

Would be interesting to know what % of their sales were from those “essentials” vs the rest since March. I am on a boycott of B&M and the Range as I think they are being really sneaky.

Cans of fizzy, crisps and multi pack choc bars don’t (in my view) meet the “we sell food” criteria. 🙄🙄
they sell soap? Arguably essential during a pandemic where the main slogan is WASH YOUR HANDS

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Picked up my washing stuff earlier from B&M and also got some 1001 for my carpet that I didn’t *technically* need. And pop tarts.

I’m basically a hardened criminal now 😎 worried Boris might have me arrested tbh.
I hope you are happy with yourself, you are the reason Boris announced lockdown.

Hope your nonessential clean clothes were worth it!

• Haha
Reactions: 23

But did you buy any Easter eggs? 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Remember Easter eggs are on sale now.
but, possibly still illegal 😕

View attachment 371994
They will be taped off. Alongside the winter coats and duvets.

Non essential. 😂🙈 God, are we going to have to go back to this? Everyone inspecting each other’s baskets and judging. Yes. Yes that really IS all my crisps. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So i work in a non essential retail and now im seriously worried about not returning there. As 21 people got let go last year and they was there less than 2 years its a huge company and had huge lay offs last year! (Wont take long of what company i work for) but ive been working for the company for 8 years this year so ive seen the struggle the last few years in our store its a flagship to. My mum and brother think im happy to be off but work is a distraction from normal life here. Ahh so many emotions and thoughts also im turning 30 tomorrow!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I can’t work out what you’ve all got against Joe Wickes 🤨

• Haha
Reactions: 12
But did you buy any Easter eggs? 🤣
I mean I don’t want to admit this but... there were some Easter eggs there and...

I BROWSED THEM! I know, the shame of it *hangs head*

someone call a covid marshall, I’m out of control 😅😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.