Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #74

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also adding here to the anxiety about homeschool. Last time my school were very hands off which was ok but I know of some parents who did NOTHING.

Now we have had an email saying its Govt's expectation that kids do at least 3hrs of home school work a day and so school will be setting work weekly and we are to update daily.

I have no idea how I will do it all and work. And I only work part time.
Our school have just sent this... I think 3 hrs is doable
B972E5D5-E245-45D9-AEBB-79E232604A66.jpeg

Reactions: 3
The rational part of my brain does know that but I think the thought of doing back to work has the other part going a bit haywire especially with this latest mutation.
I was feeling very hopeful re vaccines etc just a few weeks ago but now I’m not so sure but wil need to wait it out and hope !
I think it's totally normal during all of this to get caught in a peaks and troughs way of thinking, but it's important to not lose sight of the overall progress that is being made even if it might not feel like that in your personal circumstances at the time and that will hopefully make things feel easier.

That’s true but for me on a ground level it feels very much like March. Stuck inside, kids off school, not seeing anyone outside of the home, stress.

I know the bigger picture is that we’ve made a fair amount of progress since March but on a day to day level this feels almost identical to March lockdown for me (and others I’d imagine). If that makes sense.
That makes sense, and I'm sure it feels that way for a lot of people.

There are just a lot of people (some of them on this thread) that seem to be struggling with things and seeing any light at the end of the tunnel but it is there. There are people voicing that we're never going to get life back again but so many of the things that we take for granted and are able to do in our lives (and are therefore missing a lot right now) never existed during the last pandemic, so not only did they get life back but it continued to improve and develop in the way it would without the pandemic having happened.

Pandemics end. It might not feel like it when you're trudging through it, but this will fade into a memory.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

It all sounds so evil. We used to live in a democracy with freedoms and now it's more like China and North Korea. Those in charge got a taste of power in 2020 and now in 2021 have no plan to loosen their grip. We have no end in sight. By the time the vulnerable are sorted I bet it comes out that antibodies have lowered so they need another one or two jabs before the rest of us can be jabbed so they can keep their grip on us.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Our school have just sent this... I think 3 hrs is doable View attachment 374359
We've got white rose maths sheets (going over previous work), BBC bitesize English, twinkl mindful colouring, reading and AR quiz and to look at spelling frame for spellings. Glad it's not too full on but feels a lot less than other schools.

Regarding vaccinations, they should set up some sort of system like the election polling centres and do whole lot of drop centres sort of thing? Or a drive through? I guess there's issue with every method really? Hmm

I remember at school they'd do the vaccinations quite quickly and easily
Tony Blair was on GMB this morning and mentioned something similar. He said he can't understand how we can get millions into a polling centre to vote on election day and are able to set up said polling centres with ease yet can't find locations to do mass vaccinations.

Susana Reid suggested using the primary schools which are now empty due to being closed however obviously key worker children are still there so I can't see that one would work.

ETA - Not saying I agree with Blair btw, just recalling what I heard. Obviously on polling day we don't have to concern about social distancing so there would still be hurdles to cross. I overheard on another TV show someone saying why can't empty pubs and restaurants be used as vaccination centres. Not a bad shout if they're appointment only.

Reactions: 5
I’m so bloody bored.

I know it’s very first world problems but this is my last week of maternity. I wanted to jam pack it with memories. We had a zoo planned (tier 3) and managed to squeeze shopping day and coffee trip in on Monday but now all we have is the park in the freezing cold.

My little one has just started walking and I can’t even take him to get his feet measured and get some proepr Clark’s shoes which I feel is a rite of passage! Sorry to moan but just having a meh morning as I Google for new parks to visit but I’ve been to every bloody one!!

• Heart
Tony Blair was on GMB this morning and mentioned something similar. He said he can't understand how we can get millions into a polling centre to vote on election day and are able to set up said polling centres with ease yet can't find locations to do mass vaccinations.

Susana Reid suggested using the primary schools which are now empty due to being closed however obviously key worker children are still there so I can't see that one would work.
I think the issue with vaccines is we may have places and people willing to be jabbed at any time of the night. But we don’t have the vaccines or the staff to administer them. Also unlike voting you need fridges and storage which is something else which would need to be sourced and set up.

We've got white rose maths sheets (going over previous work), BBC bitesize English, twinkl mindful colouring, reading and AR quiz and to look at spelling frame for spellings. Glad it's not too full on but feels a lot less than other schools.
They just won't do it if they feel overwhelmed they're as fed up as the rest of us .

Reactions: 1

It all sounds so evil. We used to live in a democracy with freedoms and now it's more like China and North Korea. Those in charge got a taste of power in 2020 and now in 2021 have no plan to loosen their grip. We have no end in sight. By the time the vulnerable are sorted I bet it comes out that antibodies have lowered so they need another one or two jabs before the rest of us can be jabbed so they can keep their grip on us.
Saying that we're like China and North Korea is so far beyond ignorant.

I'm annoyed with myself for even replying to this post but it's infuriating that you've got the audacity to compare the UK with either of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
First day of home school, live google meet with teacher, then live assembly with head teacher. So far so far good.
Until I read the timetable.....you guessed it Joe bleeping Wicks is the P.E lesson

• Haha
This tweet/graph really illustrates why we need to hurry up with the vaccinating. We want 1-4 done by mid Feb, which would cut out nearly 90% of deaths, which would obviously be amazing as by mid March the death figures would be reflecting that.

Reactions: 4
I think the issue with vaccines is we may have places and people willing to be jabbed at any time of the night. But we don’t have the vaccines or the staff to administer them. Also unlike voting you need fridges and storage which is something else which would need to be sourced and set up.
Yeah, completely agree - I was just recalling what I'd heard on the news.

I also find it terribly frustrating that there's many people who have said they would be happy to return to the NHS to administer jabs etc but they hear nothing back! I know of an ex-nurse myself who has filled all the relevant forms but heard nothing!

Yeah, completely agree - I was just recalling what I'd heard on the news.

I also find it terribly frustrating that there's many people who have said they would be happy to return to the NHS to administer jabs etc but they hear nothing back! I know of an ex-nurse myself who has filled all the relevant forms but heard nothing!
I think the news - especially GMB are full of talk with very little to back it up most the time!

It is incredibly frustrating that there are people willing to return to do the jabs but have heard nothing! You'd think there would be a mass drive to get these willing people jabbing!

Think you need to get your All Seeing Eye tested...we are nothing like North Korea and China.

• Haha
  • Heart
First day of home school, live google meet with teacher, then live assembly with head teacher. So far so far good.
Until I read the timetable.....you guessed it Joe bleeping Wicks is the P.E lesson
Don’t you mean Joe gets on everyones Wicks 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
My kids timetable follows the same timetable as if they were at school. Registration at 8.40 then lessons from 9.05 until 3.05 with a break and lunch in between.
It's a nightmare as have one doing live lessons in one room and another sat doing live lessons in another.
Means I can't get on with any housework or even stick the tv on for an hour as it disturbs them. Won't send them upstairs to do it as I like to know they're doing the work and not sitting on phones etc

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Apparently New Zealand have been declared virus-free and their restrictions are being lifted.

ETA: Sorry, quick fact check done and the person who told me had seen an old BBC news article from June. Thank god, I was about to get really bleeping depressed. 😂 Jokes.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thoughts? I am okay with this as it’s not like they will be meeting in groups of 20+ like they are at school, but do worry about it mitigating lockdown impact a little.

244FAF8F-5E53-4702-B245-2A335695F7ED.jpeg

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.