Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #74

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do the over 70s have to stay indoors again? Do I need to do my grandmas food shop for her again is what I’m asking?

Reactions: 4
They need to shut B&M, Home Bargains etc and just keep supermarkets and chemists open. There is no need for the huns to go buy 5 bottles of Fabulousa spray and Mini Egg chocolate bars.
Nicola Sturgeon has touched upon this before - about being more strict with the definition of essential.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
A big 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻 from boris to retail workers !! A teacher with a class of 20 children is at higher risk (no disrespect to any teachers) ? But retail staff have to work with a shop open all day and night people not wearing masks(customers) and just get on with it because clearly we are immune 🤬 keep supermarkets open 8am-8pm! That’s 12hrs in a day people have to shop...
Nonessential retail is closed though, he can hardly close supermarkets? Reducing hours to less than 8-8pm only crams more people in at once. Shopping by 8pm is already hard enough when you work until 6!
I get some of the public are crappy but I don’t really see how this is a ‘duck you’ to retail workers because supermarkets are still open. How do people get groceries and other basic essentials? Don’t really see what the alternative is.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Here's to queueing outside supermarket's again!
My OH had to pop into Tesco for milk earlier and said it was REALLY busy. Like March/April levels and some folk were clearly stocking up on things. I need to do an in person “big” shop tomorrow and dreading it. Can’t get a flipping online slot until 14th!!! 😳😳

• Sad
Reactions: 5
They need to shut B&M, Home Bargains etc and just keep supermarkets and chemists open. There is no need for the huns to go buy 5 bottles of Fabulousa spray and Mini Egg chocolate bars.
oh blimey we are back on the B&M ‘huns’ convo 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I agree. I bloody cannot stand my OH and kids. I’m going for a walk, anybody want to come with? 😉

It’s an essential service though. I work in a care home, it’s open 24/7. Shall we just close after a certain time and let people fend for themselves?
It’s a essential service yes, but it doesn’t need to be open 24 hours a day.

Reactions: 3
My mum said the shelves in her local Morrison’s were almost bare and it was mobbed earlier when she went for her shopping, not long after Nicola’s announcement. Do people never learn?!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I am crying. It’s going to be so difficult not seeing my boyfriend. 😔
Literally doing the same. It sucks but lets hope it's just the 6 weeks and then we can all be reunited with our partners. On that note I'm off to go drown my sorrows in gin

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I did not mean to offend anyone by my post .... it’s just extremely frustrating for everyone all round

Reactions: 9
Many key workers work unsociable hours though. Staff in hospitals etc. Not everyone does their shopping at the same time.

I don’t mean to argue, I get it must be really frustrating. I know how you feel x

Reactions: 14
Where I work, all staff wear PPE (unless exempt) customers yes are meant to wear face coverings, but we are not allowed to enforce, only advise. And yes numbers allowed in are restricted .... but people are coming out just for a day out and not for “essentials” because there is nothing else to do ! And to be allowed to open all day and night and for schools to be closed for me personally just seems a bit crazy 😜. A supermarket does not need to be open all hours, and this is something boris needs to address !
I see your point and it must be frustrating with people coming in to mindlessly browse. Personally I find supermarkets one of the most stressful places to be at the moment.

Not entirely sure I agree that limiting hours would help. As it would mean everyone would need to do their shopping closer together. Plus we do have other 24/7 services and they most definitely benefit from wider opening hours to supermarkets. I know people who do their shopping during the night for ease.

It’s a bad situation all round and I can get your annoyance, definitely.

People should just put their bloody masks on, wash their hands and stand back from folk. Oh, and don’t turn shopping into a 5 strong family outing!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
A care home doesn’t need to be open 24 hours a day? Are to serious?
You think carers all clock out in time to get home for dinner and the residents just look after themselves until breakfast?

Reactions: 5
Many key workers work unsociable hours though. Staff in hospitals etc. Not everyone does their shopping at the same time.

I don’t mean to argue, I get it must be really frustrating. I know how you feel x
It’s fine 😘 it’s hard times all around. X

Surely being open 24 hours a day helps with the spread of customers. It's also helping with keeping people employed since they'll still need to be staffed during quiet or empty times.

Reactions: 14
Question about symptoms! 🙋🏼‍♀️ anyone who’s had a loss of taste and sense of smell, did your taste/smell just suddenly go or change over a few days?

I’ve just drank an entire can of Pepsi Max and it tasted like water 😭 ate dinner which I could taste but tasted very bland (was spicy as hell, confirmed by my partner)

I’m going to have a gin tonight to check my tastebuds again and obviously if it’s the same, I’ll book a test but just wanted to hear how everyone else’s taste changed?

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.