Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Makaraka

VIP Member
I was so fine for a new lockdown

but it has completely broken me tonight, my husband has now been told he won’t be coming home again until at least March

12 weeks since this time last year I’ve seen him now. And i have to endure another lockdown without him
I’m broken

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 77

Pussy Galore

First lockdown, my neighbours above me were having THE loudest sex, windows open and everything... afterwards, they came and knocked on our door and said "did you put a note though our door asking us to be quiet, we were just doing a Joe Wicks workout"
It genuinely wasn't us, but to this day everytime I hear "Joe wicks workout" I am triggered, thank fuck they have moved out for lockdown 3😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 63

Paradisefalls

Some good news for me today - my mum just received her 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine today! A week from now she should be as protected as possible. Her and everyone that works in the care home with her as well as all the residents. I am delighted for them - they have worked so hard through this to protect themselves and the residents and if they can just get through this next week without any cases then they will have done it without a single case and hopefully the residents will be able to have more regular visitors again soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 58

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Some of the comments about teachers and schools made me sad :( we are doing the best that we can in a very shit situation.

Today we had to organise the key worker and vulnerable children list, sort out individual resources for returning children, prep online learning, organise a timetable for break and lunch times so no bubbles mix, prep actual real life learning, ring every single child to ensure they had what they needed and then some people went out delivering pens, paper and exercise books to those who needed them. We are also going to deliver iPads to those who don’t have access or only have one when they have multiple children.

All this after I spent the majority of my weekend planning and resourcing the next few weeks, which I now have to completely change.

From tomorrow I will be teaching full time in my key worker bubble and my partner teacher will be in charge of home learning, filming and editing videos modelling examples for each lesson (this is a school expectation).

You cannot win, some people want live lessons (which by the way are advised against for primary by unions because of safeguarding concerns) and all singing and dancing and are saying we are not doing enough. Other people are saying it’s too much and not manageable.

I understand home schooling is difficult and depends entirely on your circumstances, but teachers and school staff are just doing the best they can, just as you are 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
I'm so, so sick of all this, especially the shops/hairdressers being shut. I hope its not going to go back to all those massive queues round supermarkets.
I just think if you get it then you get it, and everyone has got to go at some point. As a society we cant be going on like this, its no life.
This isnt just 'if you get it you get it' the NHS is on its knees. If you were in a car crash there are NOT beds for you for treatment if you needed it, or if something else happened which you may need a bed or the ICU there is not a space for you. This is about protecting the NHS, protecting the healthcare workers who are working to the absolute bone to keep people alive whether from Covid or Cancer.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Let's focus on the positives. By the middle of Feb the number of new cases and deaths should have fallen dramatically. We'll nearly be out of winter and can look forward to warmer spring days and it will be lighter longer.

Families required to home school children can pat themselves on the back that they've got through it again, hopefully forever.

Our houses will be tidier and cleaner than ever, and we'll have taught ourselves how to make a few more recipes.

But also, your friendly Guinea Pig will still be enjoying lettuce bought from B&M while you enjoy sacrifice a daily routine with Joe Wicks prior to your weekly psychadelic fix visiting the car wash, then you'll return home, pour yourself a glass of wine or Bailey's and catch up on Tattle. 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43

Pinkii

VIP Member
Omg guys, not sure how many would have come
Across my previous post about knowing a person who was doing illegal raves and club events since tier 4, and did a massive party for nye.

well guess what!? He is now ill as fuck with Covid!!

is it bad that I don’t feel an ounce of sympathy for him?

but god knows how many people at his last even will have also been positive and passed it on now 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 38

JLXRD

VIP Member
Also just realised it’s back to the single adult household for the weekly shop (I assume) and I’m sure I’ve got the patience for my husband to do it again tbh
this is the worst bit for me...

Not sure I can go back to a life of texts from my husband in Tesco asking me what a courgette is 😅

• Haha

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
In all seriousness sending love to everyone. Keep talking to each other, we will get each other through all it all.

• Heart

SarahGard83

VIP Member
My daughter just had a live science lesson. The subject was biological sex. The teacher announced very loudly that words like dick and pussy were not acceptable. My poor daughter looked like she actually wanted to die 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37

Tots

VIP Member
So I’ve only seen my partner indoors on Christmas Day since 4th Nov as he bubbled with his mum to support her and my son and I bubbled with my dad to support him....we thought it would be for 4 weeks....well tomorrow my partner and my dad are going to temporarily move in with my son and I and we will all bubble with my partner’s mum! It’s going to be crazy but will mean we can see each other and no one will be on their own!!

• Heart
Reactions: 37

under the ivy

VIP Member
They need to shut B&M, Home Bargains etc and just keep supermarkets and chemists open. There is no need for the huns to go buy 5 bottles of Fabulousa spray and Mini Egg chocolate bars.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36