Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #74

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just spoken to the teacher I work with and she says our Head has said he’s shutting our nursery.

Reactions: 6
I am crying. It’s going to be so difficult not seeing my boyfriend. 😔
Sending you lots of love. My messages are always open! It’s so so tit ☹ Feel like we’re more just friends at the minute since there is absolutely no physical element to the relationship. It’s tough but if we can get through a pandemic and not being able to spend real time together for a year then I think we’ve got the one💗

• Heart
Reactions: 5
A big 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻 from boris to retail workers !! A teacher with a class of 20 children is at higher risk (no disrespect to any teachers) ? But retail staff have to work with a shop open all day and night people not wearing masks and just get on with it because clearly we are immune 🤬 keep supermarkets open 8am-8pm! That’s 12hrs in a day people have to shop...
Do retail workers not have the choice/option to wear PPE though? And their employers should be restricting numbers of people visiting the shops at any given time. Can also request/enforce mask wearing (exemptions aside obviously) etc. Appreciate this often doesn’t happen where it should. Definitely in supermarkets where I live some staff wear masks/visors/gloves etc and others choose not to.

Teachers are not allowed to wear PPE. Think about that: a highly at risk group are not allowed to take basic measures to keep themselves and their families safe. Astounding when you think about it. I’m not a teacher, just someone offering them a bit support. Teachers really are being thrown under the bus 😳

I hope Sturgeon follows through on her thoughts of offering teachers vaccine as a priority group.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The people hugging are breaching the guidance, whereas there should be no harm done from a couple of properly distanced outdoor walks. Very needed for those who don't get on with their household.
I agree. I bloody cannot stand my OH and kids. I’m going for a walk, anybody want to come with? 😉
A big 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻 from boris to retail workers !! A teacher with a class of 20 children is at higher risk (no disrespect to any teachers) ? But retail staff have to work with a shop open all day and night people not wearing masks(customers) and just get on with it because clearly we are immune 🤬 keep supermarkets open 8am-8pm! That’s 12hrs in a day people have to shop...
It’s an essential service though. I work in a care home, it’s open 24/7. Shall we just close after a certain time and let people fend for themselves?

Reactions: 17
All good and well putting us back in national lockdown but will people follow the rules 100%?
I do agree but sometimes it can be easy to feel like no one is when all we're seeing is influencers in Dubai, parties on Facebook etc. I do think it's important to remember that we're not seeing the people who are following the rules because that doesn't make good news/interesting Facebook posts

Reactions: 13
Sending you lots of love. My messages are always open! It’s so so tit ☹ Feel like we’re more just friends at the minute since there is absolutely no physical element to the relationship. It’s tough but if we can get through a pandemic and not being able to spend real time together for a year then I think we’ve got the one💗
That’s what I’m finding as well. The lack of physicality has already been really tough due to Tier 4 and now we can probably only see each other in the daylight once a week on the weekend (as I’m working again all day). It’s so horrible. 😔

They need to shut B&M, Home Bargains etc and just keep supermarkets and chemists open. There is no need for the huns to go buy 5 bottles of Fabulousa spray and Mini Egg chocolate bars.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Do retail workers not have the choice/option to wear PPE though? And their employers should be restricting numbers of people visiting the shops at any given time. Can also request/enforce mask wearing (exemptions aside obviously) etc. Appreciate this often doesn’t happen where it should. Definitely in supermarkets where I live some staff wear masks/visors/gloves etc and others choose not to.

Teachers are not allowed to wear PPE. Think about that: a highly at risk group are not allowed to take basic measures to keep themselves and their families safe. Astounding when you think about it. I’m not a teacher, just someone offering them a bit support. Teachers really are being thrown under the bus 😳

I hope Sturgeon follows through on her thoughts of offering teachers vaccine as a priority group.
Where I work, all staff wear PPE (unless exempt) customers yes are meant to wear face coverings, but we are not allowed to enforce, only advise. And yes numbers allowed in are restricted .... but people are coming out just for a day out and not for “essentials” because there is nothing else to do ! And to be allowed to open all day and night and for schools to be closed for me personally just seems a bit crazy 😜. A supermarket does not need to be open all hours, and this is something boris needs to address !

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.