Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #74

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As much as I sympathise with the NHS in their plight... I have seen from the inside how much of an “ain’t broke don’t fix it” attitude there is. They’ve trudged on for years at the very brink of crisis and nothing changes because they *just* make it through. I have also seen the absolutely unnecessary amount of “processes” there are that just don’t make sense and are in no way efficient. Up until last year we still had to use fax and couldn’t even email referrals, there was literally no reason for this other than a secure inbox hadn’t been set up which I’m sure doesn’t take that long. I’m more venting about specific stuff with my job but I’ve worked in several trusts and honestly they are all the same in terms of lagging behind in many ways.

Reactions: 21
Does anyone know if the volunteer system is accepting people again? I tried to sign up to be one of the vaccine volunteers, like admin or setting up etc but st johns ambulance said they were going through the system and were not looking for anymore at this time?

Reactions: 3
he should be able to be tested in hospital, when my mum was in during the summer they tested her as routine.
Hope he’s ok. And you too.
Thank you, he doesnt sound his usual self on the phone but nothing beyond what I’d expect with him feeling ill. I am worried but I feel like he will be a fine, they said it could be a chest infection or pleurisy potentially but won’t know until they have done more tests but I’m just surprised they’re not testing him for covid. I don’t think he’s been there too long maybe he’s confused I’m waiting for him to call back

• Heart
Reactions: 7
As much as I sympathise with the NHS in their plight... I have seen from the inside how much of an “ain’t broke don’t fix it” attitude there is. They’ve trudged on for years at the very brink of crisis and nothing changes because they *just* make it through. I have also seen the absolutely unnecessary amount of “processes” there are that just don’t make sense and are in no way efficient. Up until last year we still had to use fax and couldn’t even email referrals, there was literally no reason for this other than a secure inbox hadn’t been set up which I’m sure doesn’t take that long. I’m more venting about specific stuff with my job but I’ve worked in several trusts and honestly they are all the same in terms of lagging behind in many ways.
We only stopped using fax machines about a year ago because someone sent patient details to a car garage 🙈

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I hope he's OK. We test every admission in our hospital, I'm surprised they are not doing the same esp given his symptoms
Thank you, it wouldn’t let me quote you and grumpycat at the same time, I’m sure he’ll be fine, my brother is in hospital more than anyone else I know with various sports injuries, knocks to the head and injuries at work. I’m trying to work out how he’s going to get home if they think he could have covid though.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My brothers been taken to hospital by ambulance this afternoon after collapsing and struggling to breathe. He’s called me so he’s doing ok, he’s waiting for a chest x ray and results from blood tests but he said he’s been told he could have covid but needs to book a test 😟 are they not able to test in hospital? That seems mad to me. As he was taken by ambulance he doesn’t have his car so someone will need to pick him up but what if he’s got covid? He’s asked me to go online and book the test but not really sure how to go about it when I dont know when he’ll be discharged or be able to get to his car 😕
All hospitals are meant to screen on admission

We only stopped using fax machines about a year ago because someone sent patient details to a car garage 🙈
Woah! That’s bad! We kept being told that fax is safe and email isn’t..not sure how! It’s so easy to send a fax to the wrong place, not so hard with email (usually if you spell it wrong or something it just gets sent back)

Reactions: 6
All hospitals are meant to screen on admission
This is what’s confusing me I can’t believe they wouldn’t especially when he’s been struggling to breathe. I’m hoping he’s confused and has misunderstood.

Reactions: 2
Can I ask if anyone is a primary school teacher here and what you are doing about Remote learning and key workers? My husband is a primary school teacher and his head teacher is making ALL staff (probably about 30/40 adults) go in every day still, even though only key worker children in. They are being given kids from their class who are key workers so he has two kids.... I just feel it’s unnecessary when the guidelines say to stay at home and work from home where possible. There could be a rota very easily! I think at most his school will have 20-30 key worker children. I feel quite upset as I worry about him still catching the virus and bringing home when he so easily could be working from home? I know I’m ranting lol... and i might sound a bit of a Princess. But I just feel his head teacher is being so unreasonable?!
Hi there, I’m a TA in primary. All staff all expected in this week every day until we have an idea how many children are going to attend then our Head will arrange a rota so there aren’t lots of adults on site, depending on numbers of course. The teachers I work closely with are dreading remote teaching which starts tomorrow , our Boss wants the on site children to learn alongside the Zoom teaching.

I’m so glad I’m not a Teacher,

Woah! That’s bad! We kept being told that fax is safe and email isn’t..not sure how! It’s so easy to send a fax to the wrong place, not so hard with email (usually if you spell it wrong or something it just gets sent back)
i really didn’t think fax was still even a thing 😬

Hi there, I’m a TA in primary. All staff all expected in this week every day until we have an idea how many children are going to attend then our Head will arrange a rota so there aren’t lots of adults on site, depending on numbers of course. The teachers I work closely with are dreading remote teaching which starts tomorrow , our Boss wants the on site children to learn alongside the Zoom teaching.

I’m so glad I’m not a Teacher,
Yes that situation is what I expected too, in this week to see numbers and then go from there but it sounds like he has to go in to teach the key worker students and send work home for the rest at the end of day. No zooming as will be busy teaching key worker kids in the day!
I’m a teacher but on mat leave!! My school is just doing a rota so found his system weird if I’m honest!

Good grief. I remember going to work with my step dad once as a child in the 90’s and sending a picture via fax to my mum who was also at work elsewhere.

Can’t believe this technology is still being used in the nhs (or at least was until recently).😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Not a teacher but my daughters school is doing the same and keeping to the same bubbles/classes to minimise risk and mixing of staff
Makes sense but still lots of adults going in, using same facilities etc effectively mixing households unnecessary,

Good grief. I remember going to work with my step dad once as a child in the 90’s and sending a picture via fax to my mum who was also at work elsewhere.

Can’t believe this technology is still being used in the nhs (or at least was until recently).😂
Yup! I had never used a fax machine until I left university. We thankfully don’t have them now but I believe some trusts do as we still get asked to fax some things across.

There does seem to be some antiquated processes and things not lining up well. Last year I was pregnant, had a blood test and need iron but as midwife can’t prescribe I had to ask my dr to prescribe a iron supplement. But my GP essentially wouldn’t believe, couldn’t access my maternity notes, midwife couldn’t sent my notes over so they were saying I needed to have another blood test there before being prescribed. In the end I gave birth before I had that appointment!!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Can I ask if anyone is a primary school teacher here and what you are doing about Remote learning and key workers? My husband is a primary school teacher and his head teacher is making ALL staff (probably about 30/40 adults) go in every day still, even though only key worker children in. They are being given kids from their class who are key workers so he has two kids.... I just feel it’s unnecessary when the guidelines say to stay at home and work from home where possible. There could be a rota very easily! I think at most his school will have 20-30 key worker children. I feel quite upset as I worry about him still catching the virus and bringing home when he so easily could be working from home? I know I’m ranting lol... and i might sound a bit of a Princess. But I just feel his head teacher is being so unreasonable?!
My schools and my daughters school is the same. We are all in except a handful of clinically vulnerable.

my daughter was literally the only child in her class today with 3 adults. 😂

• Wow
I’m 30 and have never sent a fax! I remember there being one in the first office I worked in. I used to work for one of the big 4 accounting / management firms and we were paid an extortionate amount to go in and address cost cutting etc. Our team would all tell stories of how shockingly badly the management level was in these particular trusts, not the actual people but the processes and red tape and outdated systems, use of fax being one of them!

My schools and my daughters school is the same. We are all in except a handful of clinically vulnerable.

my daughter was literally the only child in her class today with 3 adults. 😂
Omg this is crazy - I just don’t see the need for all those adults to go in?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.