Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #74

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know four people all year who have had it (all of whom have had it in the last three weeks) and I’m in London. I suspect there were several other cases earlier in the year judging by symptoms and I know a couple of people who tested for antibodies but 1 in 50 currently seems very high! At least a huge majority remain mildly unwell!

Reactions: 3
We only stopped using fax machines about a year ago because someone sent patient details to a car garage 🙈
My office used to get faxes with discharge information (so contained ALL their information name, dob, address, contact numbers, NHS number, details of illness, doctor, next of kin etc) from one NHS department at least daily. This went on for months despite us calling them after every fax we received telling them they had the wrong number. The correct number was 1 digit different to ours and people managed to type it wrong daily!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Your parents would still be able to provide informal childcare to enable you to work.
Your parents can still provide childcare. It's hard to find but there's a bit on the Parent Club website which says it's essential childcare if you're working from home and have no other option. Also solidarity, not easy with a toddler around 😩
Great thanks both! I was about to have a nervous breakdown thinking about reliving the previous lockdown hell of working from home with a toddler! I feel so sorry for the toddlers as well, they’ve been able to do nothing whereas my older child was at least back at school for a while and was able to go to his karate class twice a week for a length of time. The little one’s had nothing.

Reactions: 2
So I know someone who took part in the trials. He was working and car sharing with someone who had covid for a while and didn't contract it. (By pure coincidence she didn't know she had it at first) Anyway he found out yesterday he was injected with the Pfizer vaccine. It worked but he only had one jab not two.

So that's given me a bit of positivity in this seemingly hopeless situation.
My mum is working with this vaccine and she's extremely happy. I was worried about the too long between doses but if one dose worked for him then that's pretty good news.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
My mum didn't know anyone in the first wave but now knows loads of people with it.
I know of 3 families who have had it personally during the last 2 months. I didn't know anybody who had it from March-September. I know of a lot of people who have had to isolate bc of close contact.
I knew people a few months ago with it but not now and not the new strain 🤷🏻‍♀️ we are tier 3. Well, we were 🤣

Reactions: 1
I didn't know anyone with it first time round. This time I've known quite a few including colleagues (one of which died). Then my daughter has had it.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I know 8 people with it currently. All mild.

school sent out a full on timetable to start from tomorrow. I won’t be able to manage it all so will need to speak to them toget advice as to what’s the priority for my son now rather than stress out about trying to do it all with working full Time. Joe wicks was put as a suggested fitness option EVERY AFTERNOON 🤢🤢

school also said they are over subscribed for key worker applications this time around and they have asked those who’ve stated they are to look at their childcare situation and if one parent is home can they won’t get priority.

Reactions: 4
Well my brother called, he’s been discharged, they said they think he has an infection on his lung and needs to rest but that he has covid symptoms and needs to get a test. I’ve just had to book him one, I’m genuinely confused by all of that. My brothers not always the best at relaying information, it doesn’t sound right to me but that’s what he’s said so 🤷🏻‍♀️Just hoping that he will be ok, he sounded exhausted when I spoke to him.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Well my brother called, he’s been discharged, they said they think he has an infection on his lung and needs to rest but that he has covid symptoms and needs to get a test. I’ve just had to book him one, I’m genuinely confused by all of that. My brothers not always the best at relaying information, it doesn’t sound right to me but that’s what he’s said so 🤷🏻‍♀️Just hoping that he will be ok, he sounded exhausted when I spoke to him.
That's so odd. Glad he is well enough to come home though x

Reactions: 3
So I know someone who took part in the trials. He was working and car sharing with someone who had covid for a while and didn't contract it. (By pure coincidence she didn't know she had it at first) Anyway he found out yesterday he was injected with the Pfizer vaccine. It worked but he only had one jab not two.

So that's given me a bit of positivity in this seemingly hopeless situation.
My mum is working with this vaccine and she's extremely happy. I was worried about the too long between doses but if one dose worked for him then that's pretty good news.
People Covid positive share a bed with their spouse and the spouse doesn’t get it. Doesn’t necessarily mean the vaccine worked in the case of your friend.

Reactions: 6
You must be joking. He looks like a paedophile and has the air of a man who was bullied at school and has waited all these years to finally wield power over the lives of others and isn't ever going to give it up!
Blimey. Are you an actual grown adult?

Reactions: 17
You must be joking. He looks like a paedophile and has the air of a man who was bullied at school and has waited all these years to finally wield power over the lives of others and isn't ever going to give it up!
Yikes. What a horrible comment.

Reactions: 16
Now the school HT can’t guarantee that live classes that start next week won’t clash. And due to gdpr they can’t share the sessions after the fact. So that’s fantastic for those of us with more than one child and only one device/computer to run classrooms on, one child will always miss out.

Sorry I know I keep banging on about home school must be doing people’s heads in but I’m so nervous. I can’t see how I’m going to survive the next 6 weeks and beyond whilst keeping on top of all this school stuff. It seems a lot more serious/full on than last year. I’ve been in tears for the last half hour over it feeling like I’m going to completely duck this up.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That is odd. Did they do imaging on his lungs, which would show pneumonia? I am surprised they aren't testing him there.

Reactions: 2
100% agree!!

Reactions: 1
Are you still living in a world where we judge people on their looks?!?

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.