Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #74

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Evening everyone, haven't been on tattle much today as we had a productive day. Took the Christmas decorations down, tip run, popped to the shops for essential bread and milk and my kids eat and drink like a plague of locusts. Husband treated us to fish and chips for lunch which was lovely.
Looks like there is a change for BTEC exams, although as per usual it's left up to interpretation 🙄 eldest son has 3 exams in the next month, I'm just hoping they cancel these too 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just to make the UK feel better again.

the ROI have so far administered less than 10’000 vaccines,

very welcome 😐

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Why do sky news have to put a bigger downer on this year saying next winter we may need restrictions. Let us get through this winter fgs!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Can I ask if anyone is a primary school teacher here and what you are doing about Remote learning and key workers? My husband is a primary school teacher and his head teacher is making ALL staff (probably about 30/40 adults) go in every day still, even though only key worker children in. They are being given kids from their class who are key workers so he has two kids.... I just feel it’s unnecessary when the guidelines say to stay at home and work from home where possible. There could be a rota very easily! I think at most his school will have 20-30 key worker children. I feel quite upset as I worry about him still catching the virus and bringing home when he so easily could be working from home? I know I’m ranting lol... and i might sound a bit of a Princess. But I just feel his head teacher is being so unreasonable?!

1) Get shut of all the red tape that's stopping retired NHS workers returning.
2) Bring in the army.
3) Allow as many people as possible to volunteer.

I reckon to save lives and get nearer normality quicker if people need to go get a jab in the middle of the night they would do. I know I would.
What red tape? You can’t just pull a bunch of doctors and nurses out of retirement and let them loose. They’ll need retraining and stuff I’d imagine.

Reactions: 2
But those three things aren't normal life and should never be seen as such. WFH isn't a bad thing I love it. Mask wearing yes if you're under the weather pop one on out of courtesy but don't wear one all the time for the sake of it. Some places are suppose to be crowded like I couldn't imagine less being allowed in to music concerts like Glastonbury, sport events etc.
No but one more winter of those slight restrictions I don’t think would be the end of the world if we are allowed to go back to a say, tier 1-2 level of life.We can’t expect miracles at this stage so I would rather Whitty not over promise and be pleasantly surprised (i hope!).

I cut my husbands and he ended up looking like the love child of Kim Jong Un and Monkey from Monkey Magic (yes, I’m that old). To be fair though cutting Asian hair is like trimming a sodding porcupine ... the stuff grows horizontally FFS 😆
My husband shaved our 5 year old’s and he looked like Sinead O’Connor. Never again. 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What red tape? You can’t just pull a bunch of doctors and nurses out of retirement and let them loose. They’ll need retraining and stuff I’d imagine.
Why do people always try to label basic health and safety as red tape?!
Potential immunisers need to list and prove their qualifications and training in the are? Ahhh bloody red tape! Outrageous! They should just be picking people off the street to give the jab so we can administer 5 million doses a day! 😂

Reactions: 9
My brothers been taken to hospital by ambulance this afternoon after collapsing and struggling to breathe. He’s called me so he’s doing ok, he’s waiting for a chest x ray and results from blood tests but he said he’s been told he could have covid but needs to book a test 😟 are they not able to test in hospital? That seems mad to me. As he was taken by ambulance he doesn’t have his car so someone will need to pick him up but what if he’s got covid? He’s asked me to go online and book the test but not really sure how to go about it when I dont know when he’ll be discharged or be able to get to his car 😕
I hope he's OK. We test every admission in our hospital, I'm surprised they are not doing the same esp given his symptoms

Reactions: 5
It's a strange one cause even though I was like oh my god we'll still be doing this the end of the year! By the same token, I'm glad it's been said cause now we know where we are. I'd rather be faced with the reality of the situation than be told this will be over by x date and then it's not
It’s just means they’ll never be an X date it’s something we’ll have to control as a society .. it’s a bitter pill but I’m glad they said they’re going to be more transparent, even though they left it this late in the game.

Can I ask if anyone is a primary school teacher here and what you are doing about Remote learning and key workers? My husband is a primary school teacher and his head teacher is making ALL staff (probably about 30/40 adults) go in every day still, even though only key worker children in. They are being given kids from their class who are key workers so he has two kids.... I just feel it’s unnecessary when the guidelines say to stay at home and work from home where possible. There could be a rota very easily! I think at most his school will have 20-30 key worker children. I feel quite upset as I worry about him still catching the virus and bringing home when he so easily could be working from home? I know I’m ranting lol... and i might sound a bit of a Princess. But I just feel his head teacher is being so unreasonable?!
Not a teacher but my daughters school is doing the same and keeping to the same bubbles/classes to minimise risk and mixing of staff

It’s just means they’ll never be an X date it’s something we’ll have to control as a society .. it’s a bitter pill but I’m glad they said they’re going to be more transparent, even though they left it this late in the game.
I agree. It's a hard balance to strike to be fair because some people prefer cold hard facts but others like a nice sugar coating. As painful as it was to hear we essentially have another year of this getting better and then potentially worse malarkey, I'd rather hear it and deal with it, but I can see why for others that's going to be a really downer and they'd rather no hear that!

I think the thing to hold onto is that it'll be different because we do have a vaccine. It's going to be slow process but we are in better position than we were!

Reactions: 9
We are still in a much better position then we were a year ago though. We have three vaccines, better treatment and better understanding of the condition. Don't lose sight of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Why do people always try to label basic health and safety as red tape?!
Potential immunisers need to list and prove their qualifications and training in the are? Ahhh bloody red tape! Outrageous! They should just be picking people off the street to give the jab so we can administer 5 million doses a day! 😂
It isn't people off the street. It's professionally trained medical staff who are more than capable of coming out of retirement to volunteer at jabbing people.

Reactions: 4
I feel really positive after hearing what Whitty said.

Feel like some people seem to have focused a lot on the fact he said we *may* need some restrictions next winter. He also said even if we did it would be nothing like what we have now.

No doubt the daily Mail headline tomorrow will read ‘STILL IN RESTRICTIONS NEXT WINTER’ and forget all the context though 👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think restrictions like social distancing in terms of indoor places, masks and hand sanitising will stay a big thing for a while x that’s probably the type of thing he means.
Also I heard mention that London//south east cases may be beginning to level off??

I don’t want to wear masks next winter.

It isn't people off the street. It's professionally trained medical staff who are more than capable of coming out of retirement to volunteer at jabbing people.
And if absolutely anything went wrong at all, they’d be in the firing line for not completing the training.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.