Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #74

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Funny how sunday school was safe, yesterday it wasn’t and today they might be off till new academic year. Very consistent. This fills me with no confidence that will even get anywhere near the required amount of vaccines before mid feb. I’m really trying to be positive but blimey it’s not easy is it.
Not to mention the fact Whitty said more restrictions could be needed next winter ,it's going to be a long haul .

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Can I just ask how you think the NHS can vacinate people 24/7 currently? I'm not being difficult, I'm genuinely asking. My husband works in the NHS and this is already a huge strain on our family.
1) Get shut of all the red tape that's stopping retired NHS workers returning.
2) Bring in the army.
3) Allow as many people as possible to volunteer.

I reckon to save lives and get nearer normality quicker if people need to go get a jab in the middle of the night they would do. I know I would.

Reactions: 7
My boyfriend refuses to do mine! 🙈
I cut my husbands and he ended up looking like the love child of Kim Jong Un and Monkey from Monkey Magic (yes, I’m that old). To be fair though cutting Asian hair is like trimming a sodding porcupine ... the stuff grows horizontally FFS 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m glad he’s going to release daily figures of vaccinations. Think it’ll help as a reassurance to see how we are doing with it.

I work in Aldi and it wasn’t any busier today - I was called in to work today after the announcement incase it was busy.
Sooo many people bring their kids. When it’s just one parent I can sympathise as they may have no one to look after their child but when it’s mum dad and 3 kids, can you not.
Snap! The amount of families treating it as a day out is unbelievable wasn’t much different in our store last March though when we went into the first lockdown!
Big up the Aldi crew! 😘

Reactions: 5
He said things will be different by spring. I think they were trying to put him in a position to make him say something that they can go back on and say ‘but you promised this’
At the end of the day this is a pandemic you can never promise or say anything for certain
Exactly and look what happened with promising Christmas!

Reactions: 6
I know he’s making a mess with last minute announcements and all the other things but I do feel sorry for Boris. I feel anxious just getting out of bed some days and facing the day imagine having to cope with all of this. I don’t believe any other politician would have done much better. I’m not defending him I know he’s a clown but it must be such a horrible position to be in.

I’ve had a text from the doctors today telling me not to come to the surgery for a vaccination as they will be letting me know when my allocated vaccine will be. I’m a relatively healthy 29 year old so I think I will be waiting about a year and a half for that text 😂 I don’t know whether they must have had people going to the surgery trying to get a vaccine to send that message out.

Reactions: 12
I like that he's starting to state the obvious that we will never get old life back ever with him drip feeding already that restrictions next winter will be around.
Given the number of people who die of flu each year, if restrictions look like encouraging wfh / mask wearing / restricting numbers in crowded spaces I don’t think it’s the worst thing. He was also quite open about the fact that the restrictions likely won’t look as restrictive as they are now.
By next Christmas the most vulnerable will have a vaccine so if they caught it, they’d be mildly ill (ok mild illness might kill off some people but on the whole they’ll be protected from serious covid) and likely the rest of us may have had it and be protected to some degree with natural antibodies! If someone offered me 9 months of relative normality and 3 months of restrictions I’d snatch their hand off!

Reactions: 11
Today was the end of my isolation (I've mentioned before, but I had surgery last week so needed to isolate 2 weeks before and a week after) and I did go to B&M today as I just needed to get out. I was in my wheelchair, had my crutches as social distancing sticks ready but there was no one in there! I was shocked at how empty it was. Showed fiancé the RIGHT laundry stuff that we needed - it's not that hard - and grabbed the essentials we needed and left.

If it helps the B&M haters of Tattle, fiancé was in a stinking mood and I'm sure he did it so that I didn't ask to go again. Fortunately for him, I'm back to shielding now anyway so he's off the hook for a while regardless 😂

• Sick
Not to mention the fact Whitty said more restrictions could be needed next winter ,it's going to be a long haul .
It's a strange one cause even though I was like oh my god we'll still be doing this the end of the year! By the same token, I'm glad it's been said cause now we know where we are. I'd rather be faced with the reality of the situation than be told this will be over by x date and then it's not

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Given the number of people who die of flu each year, if restrictions look like encouraging wfh / mask wearing / restricting numbers in crowded spaces I don’t think it’s the worst thing. He was also quite open about the fact that the restrictions likely won’t look as restrictive as they are now.
But those three things aren't normal life and should never be seen as such. WFH isn't a bad thing I love it. Mask wearing yes if you're under the weather pop one on out of courtesy but don't wear one all the time for the sake of it. Some places are suppose to be crowded like I couldn't imagine less being allowed in to music concerts like Glastonbury, sport events etc.

My brothers been taken to hospital by ambulance this afternoon after collapsing and struggling to breathe. He’s called me so he’s doing ok, he’s waiting for a chest x ray and results from blood tests but he said he’s been told he could have covid but needs to book a test 😟 are they not able to test in hospital? That seems mad to me. As he was taken by ambulance he doesn’t have his car so someone will need to pick him up but what if he’s got covid? He’s asked me to go online and book the test but not really sure how to go about it when I dont know when he’ll be discharged or be able to get to his car 😕

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Still no notice of when to expect an invitation to get my vaccination. I cared for a covid positive woman a week ago. I've got work tomorrow and my anxiety is through the roof.

• Sad
Still no notice of when to expect an invitation to get my vaccination. I cared for a covid positive woman a week ago. I've got work tomorrow and my anxiety is through the roof.
We’ve heard nothing either, patient facing in the community - we have no idea if our patients are positive or not! We keep getting emails saying “we know everyone is keen to get the vaccine but we have a priority list to follow”.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Whitty and Valance have always been consistent in their view that restrictions in some form are likely for 18-24 months, obviously with the hope that they are significantly less than we had at the start by the end of the first year. It’s a much better stance to take then “everything will be fine in 6,7,8,10 weeks” etc

Interesting, I never heard him say we will “never” be back to normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
We’ve heard nothing either, patient facing in the community - we have no idea if our patients are positive or not! We keep getting emails saying “we know everyone is keen to get the vaccine but we have a priority list to follow”.
Just an idea when would be good. Its hard when I see ex colleagues from a different trust all posting about getting their second vaccine.

Im tired of it all tbh.

Reactions: 4
Yes and testing moves on so much you may need a negative test for a major event but rapid testing will have advanced so much

Reactions: 2
My brothers been taken to hospital by ambulance this afternoon after collapsing and struggling to breathe. He’s called me so he’s doing ok, he’s waiting for a chest x ray and results from blood tests but he said he’s been told he could have covid but needs to book a test 😟 are they not able to test in hospital? That seems mad to me. As he was taken by ambulance he doesn’t have his car so someone will need to pick him up but what if he’s got covid? He’s asked me to go online and book the test but not really sure how to go about it when I dont know when he’ll be discharged or be able to get to his car 😕
he should be able to be tested in hospital, when my mum was in during the summer they tested her as routine.
Hope he’s ok. And you too.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.