Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #74

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, I should have put a trigger warning on my post, I’m going to go and have a think about what I’ve done! 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Sorry, I should have put a trigger warning on my post, I’m going to go and have a think about what I’ve done! 😄
Yes. Im going to arrange for Boris to send you some lines

‘ I must not purposely upset my fellow tattlers’

and repeat until the pandemic is over. AMEN.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Joe wicks and his crappy pe lessons can duck off. Since when was doing squats suitable for kids. I'd be fuming if my school said they must do pe with joe 😷😷😷 I need a drink

• Heart
I've emailed my kids teachers and basically told them we will not be following any sort of timetable nor can i commit to homeschooling during school hours.

I have 2 devices, 3 primary aged kids, a husband off work on the sick (nasal issues under investigation) a family bereavement, a kid still struggling with post covid fatigue and a house to run etc

I can already feel the stress overwhelming me. The whole situation seems so much harder this time round

I fear my teetotal lifestyle may not last much longer. And i didn't quit drinking for no reason

Wow sorry that turned into a total pity party for 1 🙈

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Well it’s official my partner has been given his key worker letter from work.

I find it quite a joke tbh, the term key worker seems to include everyone now.

Reactions: 4
It’s a bit of a boost hearing Whitty talk about the risk getting lower and lower and restrictions being lifted when we get to the point that we learn to live with it as an acceptable risk like we do the flu. Have to say I’ve felt really down today about it all and it was good to hear that that is the path it will likely go.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm starting home learning tomorrow didn't start today feel so guilty but bleeping hell announcing it at 8pm last night then having no sleep. I just didn't have the energy deal with the tantrums over it. I'm probably the shittest mum!! Tomorrows a new day 😪

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm starting home learning tomorrow didn't start today feel so guilty but bleeping hell announcing it at 8pm last night then having no sleep. I just didn't have the energy deal with the tantrums over it. I'm probably the shittest mum!! Tomorrows a new day 😪
You certainly aren’t the only one. Try not to feel guilty, one day won’t do any harm. As you say tomorrow is a new day.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
No you are a good mum who realises that you need to take care of yourself first. Delaying it but a day won’t hurt. We all just have to do what’s best for us to keep going. we started today and I can honestly say the amount of work done today was not worth it as like you am tired and ratty. I’ve said tomorrow we are going for a walk first thing. Nice cooked breakfast and starting at 10. Stopping for lunch at 12.30 resume till 2 then stop and do something fun and play together. Mine are at an older age where they sod off and watch tv. But i fully expect two weeks in this plan will probably turn into an hour of work and the rest play 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
I actually thought that was one of the better briefings I’d seen... some reasoned positivity / optimism from Whitty. I’m not expecting miracles with the vaccine roll out but 1000 vaccination sites by the end of next week sounds positive also. It was the first time I’d heard it be likened to flu in the sense that it won’t go away but we won’t live like this forever.
Pleased they’re also going to be bringing in controls with the border. I wonder if this was something they didn’t want to do pre-Brexit?

I’m glad he’s going to release daily figures of vaccinations. Think it’ll help as a reassurance to see how we are doing with it.

I work in Aldi and it wasn’t any busier today - I was called in to work today after the announcement incase it was busy.
Sooo many people bring their kids. When it’s just one parent I can sympathise as they may have no one to look after their child but when it’s mum dad and 3 kids, can you not.

Reactions: 11
Did he really say that there is no guarantee of children being back in school before summer.....I missed that. That’s what sky news are reporting.
I mean, there’s not really any guarantee of anything at this stage so he probably didn’t want to promise something that isn’t certain

Reactions: 10
Did he really say that there is no guarantee of children being back in school before summer.....I missed that. That’s what sky news are reporting.
He said things will be different by spring. I think they were trying to put him in a position to make him say something that they can go back on and say ‘but you promised this’
At the end of the day this is a pandemic you can never promise or say anything for certain

• Heart
Reactions: 10
How on earth do you sanction a 6 year old?!
Exactly!! I’m furious!
“must be dressed appropriately i.e no pyjamas
Must not be eating during the lessons and must be in a quiet environment”

so I can’t clean my own home whilst lessons are going on 🧐🧐
It’s so overwhelming the amount I’m expected to do with them, in between work and also I can’t expect my mum who works WFH to sit and do this with them whilst she’s working aswell!
I’ve caved and put my eldest into school via the key worker system for the days I’m working now because I know it’s just to much for all of us

I’m glad he’s going to release daily figures of vaccinations. Think it’ll help as a reassurance to see how we are doing with it.

I work in Aldi and it wasn’t any busier today - I was called in to work today after the announcement incase it was busy.
Sooo many people bring their kids. When it’s just one parent I can sympathise as they may have no one to look after their child but when it’s mum dad and 3 kids, can you not.
The thing that baffles me about this is that literally everything is closed so you've obviously piled your 3 kids into the car just to come the supermarket which surely is just a hassle?! I could sort of understand during the summer months of lockdown 1 as the weather was nice so people would be at the beach or park or whatever and need to call in on their way home. Now I'm like there's no where else you can be going and it's cold and dark early

Reactions: 5
They've decided to cancel school transfer tests 5 days before they were meant to start here in NI. I honestly wasn't sure why moved them from Nov to Jan in the first place and now why they've left it so bloody late to cancel them.

So many jokes about how Boris just copies Sturgeon but at least he moves fairly promptly to do so. Our Executive move at a snails pace.
It’s a slow process having to first debate whether to have a meeting, which must then only be debated after a compromise has been reached, then the debate must involve at least two compromises that will need to be debated to ascertain whether anyone is being too political. Someone at some point will remind them that it isn’t an orange or green issue so this must be debated and compromised on .. and so the farce goes on 😂

Reactions: 1
I mean, there’s not really any guarantee of anything at this stage so he probably didn’t want to promise something that isn’t certain
Funny how sunday school was safe, yesterday it wasn’t and today they might be off till new academic year. Very consistent. This fills me with no confidence that will even get anywhere near the required amount of vaccines before mid feb. I’m really trying to be positive but blimey it’s not easy is it.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.