Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #74

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Without sounding like a conspiracist, I genuinely don’t know of anybody with it at the moment either.
No i dont, even at work as far as i know thiers none of our staff off with it which seems rare these days!

Our key worker/vulnerable applications are running at about 50% of school for next week. I think we are going to get clarification as to rules about maximum number we can have. 95% of staff are in school.

Last year we got criticised for not sending enough work home. This year we organised a full platform, online lessons and a time table and we are being criticised for sending too much.

WTF do people actually want for primary schools? It’s exhausting trying to keep everyone happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I know 8 people with it currently. All mild.

school sent out a full on timetable to start from tomorrow. I won’t be able to manage it all so will need to speak to them toget advice as to what’s the priority for my son now rather than stress out about trying to do it all with working full Time. Joe wicks was put as a suggested fitness option EVERY AFTERNOON 🤢🤢

school also said they are over subscribed for key worker applications this time around and they have asked those who’ve stated they are to look at their childcare situation and if one parent is home can they won’t get priority.
Im sure joe is only doing 3 days this time round. I wouldnt bother anyway 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Tesco was amazingly quiet today, about as many staff loading the shelves as people in there - very relaxing. Deals removed from the end of isles but still were available in the normal places.
I have never heard Tesco described as ‘ very relaxing’ 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Our key worker/vulnerable applications are running at about 50% of school for next week. I think we are going to get clarification as to rules about maximum number we can have. 95% of staff are in school.

Last year we got criticised for not sending enough work home. This year we organised a full platform, online lessons and a time table and we are being criticised for sending too much.

WTF do people actually want for primary schools? It’s exhausting trying to keep everyone happy.
My school is saying the same about numbers there were 5 in my daughters class today. I spoke to the head tonight because he said no one working from home should be there, and I nearly had a breakdown and phoned him. I spend 7-8 hours a day in back to back external Teams calls and unable to supervise a child. He said not to worry and that he accepted special circumstances thankfully although I still feel filled with guilt but honestly I can’t do my job 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 9

This is probably best on the conspiracy theories thread. If you can watch this video please. This guy is deluded. The Rona is not real, he’s not even talking about. Boris, Hancock all who voted for the lockdowns will be taken off power. But this week will be a BIG week. Not sure why? I’m intrigued 🤪 JFK is alive and will come back. Maybe not this week, but when Trump is inaugurated on the 20th. And Biden is a clone. Not the real Biden. And!!! Wait for it.... in the next 180 days there will be full dliscosure on UFO and extra terrestrial life. Maybe not meet the aliens, but information on their existence. Wow!!!
Maybe you’re the deluded one for thinking he’s deluded 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Another email sent from parent at my mothers school basically asking how some parents have managed to “blag” their way into saying that they’re a key worker and asking why they can’t have their child in school and to also ask my mum to “please deliver her child’s food package”
I can’t get over some of these parents 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

Honestly I was happy with 2/3 hours worth of work per day to do at our own pace. I never once expected to have to essentially simulate the school day at home.

Ive regularly sung my kids school praises on this thread i don’t hate what they are doing. Just think they’re being a bit full on and haven’t really considered that some parents have to work from home, have multiple children in different year groups and only a certain amount of devices. Whilst key worker kids are still getting face to face interaction and the benefit of a classroom environment, I know it’s never going to be completely fair I don’t know what the solution is maybe there isn’t one but it’s causing me huge amounts of stress right now. That doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate what teachers have had to put up with over the past year or what they’re currently doing.

I just wish this whole situation would duck off, I don’t even feel like I’m in the right mental state to home educate to be honest but it is what it is.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
It's been close to a war zone for the last 10 months, now it's as close to a spa day as you'll get 😀
Oh spa days .... do you remember those? Sounds like I need to go to my local tesco to get the same feeling😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
In last lockdown kids at my primary found Joe Wicked too hard and boring. Try for fre gonoodle. Scroll down for loads of dance physical vid clips. Also YouTube search tomorrow TV. This is the family link.
Free ebooks books read online I 've given to my class parent to look at.
Lovely story writing story telling ideas on the British Library.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Some of the comments about teachers and schools made me sad :( we are doing the best that we can in a very tit situation.

Today we had to organise the key worker and vulnerable children list, sort out individual resources for returning children, prep online learning, organise a timetable for break and lunch times so no bubbles mix, prep actual real life learning, ring every single child to ensure they had what they needed and then some people went out delivering pens, paper and exercise books to those who needed them. We are also going to deliver iPads to those who don’t have access or only have one when they have multiple children.

All this after I spent the majority of my weekend planning and resourcing the next few weeks, which I now have to completely change.

From tomorrow I will be teaching full time in my key worker bubble and my partner teacher will be in charge of home learning, filming and editing videos modelling examples for each lesson (this is a school expectation).

You cannot win, some people want live lessons (which by the way are advised against for primary by unions because of safeguarding concerns) and all singing and dancing and are saying we are not doing enough. Other people are saying it’s too much and not manageable.

I understand home schooling is difficult and depends entirely on your circumstances, but teachers and school staff are just doing the best they can, just as you are 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 48
The problem is a lot of deliveries are getting pinched off the step. Even if your in, then the item is often just left and they dont always ring the bell or knock on the door.
Or you could have the misfortune to have them scheduled for delivery by a certain notorious delivery company beginning in H; who have just ‘lost’ another one of my online orders for the umpteenth time!! 😡 Ps. It’s always highly discounted sales items which are now out of stock too....sorry for derailing thread with this rant!

Reactions: 2
Some of the comments about teachers and schools made me sad :( we are doing the best that we can in a very tit situation.

Today we had to organise the key worker and vulnerable children list, sort out individual resources for returning children, prep online learning, organise a timetable for break and lunch times so no bubbles mix, prep actual real life learning, ring every single child to ensure they had what they needed and then some people went out delivering pens, paper and exercise books to those who needed them. We are also going to deliver iPads to those who don’t have access or only have one when they have multiple children.

All this after I spent the majority of my weekend planning and resourcing the next few weeks, which I now have to completely change.

From tomorrow I will be teaching full time in my key worker bubble and my partner teacher will be in charge of home learning, filming and editing videos modelling examples for each lesson (this is a school expectation).

You cannot win, some people want live lessons (which by the way are advised against for primary by unions because of safeguarding concerns) and all singing and dancing and are saying we are not doing enough. Other people are saying it’s too much and not manageable.

I understand home schooling is difficult and depends entirely on your circumstances, but teachers and school staff are just doing the best they can, just as you are 💖
Well said, lovely 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.