Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
In case anyone wanted to know what the pastel foam looks like 😂 I knew taking a picture inside a car wash in 2018 (probably the last time I washed my car) would come in handy one day. Drop some acid before you go in and you’ll have a great time🤘 who needs nightlife!

1EBD5599-D4E2-4A15-BBE5-E86DDEF5317B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I just think if you get it then you get it, and everyone has got to go at some point.
You’ll be thinking differently when it’s your father struggling to breathe, almost hallucinating because of the fever and coughing up his guts. And then dying, all on his own. Dear lord 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

jazyblu

Chatty Member
I have my first pregnancy scan tomorrow and we are staying with inlaws at the minute due to delays with our house, MIL is paranoid about covid. Not cautious, paranoid.
She kept asking me if I needed to go... like yeah, it is an important hospital appointment of course I need to.

Now after last nights announcement she has just said "I guess you won't be going tomorrow then?"

What do you think lockdown entails? I'm not going on a piss up! This is bare minimum healthcare why would I not need to go now? :rolleyes:

I'm being guilted and I barely understand why, send help.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Saw this on Facebook found it somewhat reassuring regarding the kid’s and schools shutting. I know a lot of parents including myself who are dreading home school but maybe we shouldn’t put so much pressure on ourselves❤
636525D8-1CF5-409C-AEB9-EA6B5C426ABD.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 33

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Sorry but I am absolutely FUMING he’s made us go back to school for ONE DAY and is now saying February half term. Arse hole.

• Heart

Meangirl815

VIP Member
I've emailed my kids teachers and basically told them we will not be following any sort of timetable nor can i commit to homeschooling during school hours.

I have 2 devices, 3 primary aged kids, a husband off work on the sick (nasal issues under investigation) a family bereavement, a kid still struggling with post covid fatigue and a house to run etc

I can already feel the stress overwhelming me. The whole situation seems so much harder this time round

I fear my teetotal lifestyle may not last much longer. And i didn't quit drinking for no reason

Wow sorry that turned into a total pity party for 1 🙈

• Heart
  • Sad

Paradisefalls

Well I just finished watching the live stream of my grandads funeral. It was a lovely service, the best we could have hoped for given the circumstances.

thankfully all the family was able to attend.

It is just so weird that this is life at the moment - funerals limited to immediate family only, having to watch it online, priest and full congregation in face masks, sanitising the pews as soon as everyone leaves, no altar servers. I guess as I have just stayed in my bubble at home for the last 10 months it has hit me weird that this is actual life and not some dystopian movie I am watching.

Anyways sorry a bit off topic I guess I just needed to get it out of my system.

Please resume the guinea pig chat and B&M arguments to cheer me up!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32

SarahGard83

VIP Member
I'm supposed to be at the hospital on Wednesday to get my new treatment plan. Although I'm now cancer free I still need regular check ups and transfusions. I'm fully expecting a phone call tomorrow to say my appointment has been cancelled. They left me without my transfusions during lockdown part 1 which was awful as felt so unwell. Not sure I can go without again

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

jazyblu

Chatty Member
A big 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻 from boris to retail workers !! A teacher with a class of 20 children is at higher risk (no disrespect to any teachers) ? But retail staff have to work with a shop open all day and night people not wearing masks(customers) and just get on with it because clearly we are immune 🤬 keep supermarkets open 8am-8pm! That’s 12hrs in a day people have to shop...
Nonessential retail is closed though, he can hardly close supermarkets? Reducing hours to less than 8-8pm only crams more people in at once. Shopping by 8pm is already hard enough when you work until 6!
I get some of the public are shitty but I don’t really see how this is a ‘fuck you’ to retail workers because supermarkets are still open. How do people get groceries and other basic essentials? Don’t really see what the alternative is.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Raininvain

VIP Member
This isnt just 'if you get it you get it' the NHS is on its knees. If you were in a car crash there are NOT beds for you for treatment if you needed it, or if something else happened which you may need a bed or the ICU there is not a space for you. This is about protecting the NHS, protecting the healthcare workers who are working to the absolute bone to keep people alive whether from Covid or Cancer.
Its on its knees every year. I honestly dont give a toss.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 31

hrh89

VIP Member
Honestly worried for the state of people’s mental health myself included. Never ending

• Heart
Reactions: 30

prinnygrace

VIP Member
6 more weeks in a house share without seeing my boyfriend or my parents ☹ Super super glad I went home over Christmas for longer even if I did bend rules to be there. This is going to be a massive struggle. Sending love to everyone who is struggling tonight 💗

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Why did he have to tempt fate by saying the end is in sight. Now he’s said that this will go on for another 3 years at least😬😅

• Haha
Reactions: 29