Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Can we all stop judging what people are doing,
what businesses are doing in order to stay open or where people are going and get back to judging the government and the neighbours shit dress sense 😐

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Olive40

An instagrammer on her stories said her husband was tested 2 days ago and while waiting for results they went out yesterday driving miles away to take their son home and her husband went into McDonald’s and ordered food in the restaurant. Then today his test has come back positive. I’ve had to sit on my hands to not tell her they’re awful for what they’ve done, possibly infecting many other people. How selfish are some people. It makes me so mad people like that put others at risk.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 27

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
You can make fun of NS all you like but at least she comes right out with it and is visible. She doesn’t treat people like idiots.

Not happy about the full lockdown (who is?) but at least we know sooner than later here.
Will someone tell Boris to #bemoreNicola.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

hrh89

VIP Member
It’s really scary that in just over two months it’ll be a year since the first lockdown. Feels like it’s flown by but at the same time been the longest year ever! Looks likely I’m going to spend a second birthday in lockdown 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

SavvyBee

VIP Member
I’d like to see more concrete plans for the vaccine roll out. Use the army. Use Nightingales. Use Supermarket pharmacies (they do the flu jab). Use GP surgeries which for all I can gather really haven’t done all that much the last 9 months. Send the Army door to door if they need to. Close schools for a month, reduce the number of shops open and throw every spare resource at mass vaccination and supporting the NHS. I am thankful we’re not at war if this is the leadership we show - Churchill must be turning in his grave!

• Heart

SarahGard83

VIP Member
So my knobhead sister is already posting on Facebook that she will have who she wants in her house whenever she wants and nobody will tell her otherwise. Not surprising as she's not followed the rules at all

• Angry
  • Wow

McNuggets

Chatty Member
A lockdown needs to happen, a proper one. The click and collect nonsense is still inviting people to mix.

It’s not ideal but what else is there now?

openbook1

VIP Member
Just found out my step-dad's dad died tonight in his sleep. Am absolutely devastated for him and his family. My mum and he will be going to see his mum and family. Between this and with covid added, what a shitty horrible time.

• Sad

jazyblu

Chatty Member
As someone who’s house is a building site right now with no bathroom, kitchen or general house and nowhere permanent to live let me tell you builders and bathroom shops are absolutely essential! 😂
Try and tell me flooring isn’t essential when you literally don’t have one.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

jazyblu

Chatty Member
Matt Handcocks statement this morning is even more funny now, I need to laugh all over again.

They get criticised for acting TOO quickly? On the day they sent schools back for a SINGLE day?? A day that could have been used by schools to prep for distance learning? They are bloody deluded!

• Haha

mcfeez

VIP Member
People have been saying it since the start but I still take issue with the "underlying conditions" statement. What do people count as this? Because unless these people were literally days from death and also happened to have covid then underlying conditions don't matter. Those people could and would still be alive if not for covid. For example - diabetes. People with diabetes are not weeks or even months from death and yet when these people contract covid and pass away some people explain it away as "underlying conditions."

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
I think the reason why I’m able to stay optimistic is because I have had it in my head since the summer that this would probably be at least 2 years.

I expected this winter to be awful (which it has and will continue to be). The vaccine has come sooner than I thought.

I dunno, I remember back in July/August seeing that graphic about how most pandemics last about 2 years and I have sort of just accepted that.

I actually think it’s more naive to think this will never end. Or just very self important to think this will be some huge world changing event in any really significant way. (Like we will never travel or have large events again, etc).

All the other struggles that have come before have made small changes, (wars, pandemics, etc) but most things have endured over hundreds if not thousands of years.