Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #73

Do you want a harsher lockdown?

• No

Votes: 169 31.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 372 68.8%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A lockdown needs to happen, a proper one. The click and collect nonsense is still inviting people to mix.

It’s not ideal but what else is there now?

Reactions: 25
I’m geared up to go to the office tomorrow to deal with the post etc fully expect not to be going back again 😣

Reactions: 3
Fully expecting a lockdown notification to ping on my phone from BBC News
What is the difference between lockdown and 80% of England already being in tier 4 and the other 20% is still 3 where household mixing is banned and hospitality is also shut?

Reactions: 15
ROI.
We be screwed.

Double the hospital and ICU admissions in a week.
CUH has no ICU beds left.

its gonna be a long winter.

• Sad
  • Wow
I’ve got to go into the office tomorrow to meet a new starter joining my team. Dreading it if I’m honest, I’ve not been in at all bar maybe 5 days since March, I have to go in to get her on site

• Sad
Reactions: 4
What is the difference between lockdown and 80% of England already being in tier 4 and the other 20% is still 3 where household mixing is banned and hospitality is also shut?
Literally all shops closed bar supermarkets and pharmacies, and schools shut I imagine. That’s all that’s left really.

Reactions: 11
Ban on meeting another person, curfews, only leave the house once a day...

Reactions: 14
Im confused too. I’m tier 4 which I class as lockdown. No mixing travel or non essential shops. How much harsher restrictions can there be? The only thing is basically not letting people outside which they cannot do

Literally all shops closed bar supermarkets and pharmacies, and schools shut I imagine. That’s all that’s left really.
But many of the shops that are still allowed to open in tier 4 were also open in March? I can’t see things like hardware shops, or material yards shutting being told to shut.

Reactions: 9
But many of the shops that are still allowed to open in tier 4 were also open in March? I can’t see things like hardware shops, or material yards shutting being told to shut.
I thought in March everything like Primark and WHSmiths were shut? They were round here anyway. They could also implement the 1hr of outside exercise a day again I suppose.

Builders shops were open, click and collect.

They would only have to shut if some kind of law was put in place.. which I highly doubt.

Reactions: 2
Just checking the local rag and 6 schools are shut in Bristol currently, although it looks like more are being added...

Reactions: 5
There isn’t. It’s just a feeling I’m getting from all the political/media chatter today

Reactions: 2
I thought in March everything like Primark and WHSmiths were shut? They were round here anyway.

They would only have to shut if some kind of law was put in place.. which I highly doubt.
Especially as construction is one of the areas that Boris is keen to keep open...
My OH works for a developer (who are just generally the worst employer I’ve ever come across and don’t trust their staff) and he’s been back in the office since July. They are using that construction loophole and he carried on in the office through the Nov lockdown, even though he is a Land Surveyor and has never worked onsite! 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Parking myself here. I thought that things would start to look a bit brighter. What an absolute tit show

Reactions: 8
My other half is still allowed to work in people’s homes. Fitting kitchens bathrooms etc.
Back to work tomorrow and the first time through out this whole pandemic I’m scared

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I thought in March everything like Primark and WHSmiths were shut? They were round here anyway.

Primark had to close because it was clothing retail shops like that are shut in tier 4 which is over 3/4 of the country. To be honest things like WHSmiths could probably open last time and chose not to. All McDonald’s closed despite the governments allowing takeaway food and drive through. The main thing was businesses not being able to operate in a covid secure way back in March/ April.
That’s what I mean, building materials shops were allowed to open in the first lockdown which is why they are still allowed now.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.