Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Naataaliiee

T4 primary teacher here, and i’m totally done. Just so fed up. I haven’t made my mind up about remote learning yet. It’s all i’ve thought about all day, I feel so sick. We’ve got a training day anyway tomorrow so I’m going to sleep on it (again..) and make a final decision in the morning. It’s a total lose-lose situation and i’m frustrated it’s come down to us teachers having to make such a huge and difficult decision. I worry about letting my class down, and their parents. I worry about the children I know who have difficult lives at home, and I worry about who my children have mixed with over the break who they shouldn’t have. But I worry about my husband, and my 18 month old daughter who has been hospitalised previously (and pre-covid) with chest and lung related issues. I worry about my own health and I’m annoyed I didn’t see my own family over Christmas and New Year, but Boris says it’s safe for me to go into a 5x5m classroom with no PPE, 30 children and one other adult.
rant over. I’m off for a drink🍷

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Can I lighten the mood and offer up a positive.....
This pleases me more than it should 😌

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

JodieGreen123

VIP Member
I just caught up with thread and I’m so shocked at the people desperate for a full lockdown and the continual judgement of others. Begging for takeaways to close and slagging off people on the McDonald’s drive through queue? Fuck me pretty much the only joy that hasn’t been taken away from us is food.

To the people who think all food should be delivery only... I can get only assume you live in cities with the miracle of deliveroo available to you offering any food you fancy. News flash, some of us live in areas takeaways don’t deliver to. Yes we can get groceries delivered from the supermarket but when you feel like shit and there is nothing to look forward to in life sometimes you just want a dirty great burger that you don’t have to make or wash up afterwards!

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Tublet83

VIP Member
All the chav parents on Facebook who have shown all their minglings with family all Christmas holidays, breaking tier 4 rules are now saying it’s not safe to go back to school and keeping theirs off 😂

Fine with me - much safer but what hypocrites!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 44

Gembo

VIP Member
I think I’m at my lowest point of the entire pandemic. I’ve lost all hope and all faith with it. I’ve cut Boris a lot of slack as I know it can’t be an easy position to be in but I wish we had a leader who would just be a bit firmer and a bit more decisive and not either all the time. Now even the vaccines seem like they can’t just be straight forward with this change to the gap between 1 and 2 and the talk of just giving more people the first vaccine...I just can’t see how we’re ever going to get back to normal life anymore 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42

Jg182

Anyone ever just sit and imagine what it will be like when this is over... like the days we start moving down tiers... the day they say households can mix and hug. The day we can just go out with dinner with friends and not worry. I was day dreaming yesterday about going on holiday and how amazing it will feel.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I hope am announcement about the schools is made quickly as I have to iron uniform. I'm not doing it unless I absolutely have to. I'll be angry if I do it and then they close the schools. I hate ironing.

• Haha
Reactions: 41

jazyblu

Chatty Member
Nichola Sturgeon gets such a bashing on here and so many people give Boris such a free pass. "he's doing his best". "pandemics are hard for every country"

England always comes across as so self-centered, Scotland doing something because it is best for Scotland is not anti-english. NI doing something different and it is own interest (dubious when it is Arlene speaking, granted 😂 ) is not anti-english.

The UK doesn't fucking start and end with England :rolleyes:
The comments on here about the devolved nations always give an insight into how many people have the little-england mentality without realising.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

birdiefly246

VIP Member
Sky news calling it a "covid crisis special"

Covid crisis yes fine but special? It's not a christmas episode of strictly, it's a news briefing 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
So jealous of Scotland that has a visible leader even if some don't agree with what she says. That's the thing that annoys me the most, the lack of leadership in England.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
I bet he announces school closures from midnight too. He could have avoided all of the upset and confusion about children going to school today if he had spoken to the nation at the weekend. Instead thousands of children all mixing today and probably off from tomorrow. Ludicrous.

• Heart

jazyblu

Chatty Member
Still cannot believe they opened schools for ONE DAY. This gov is totally incompetent!

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
I doubt they'll announce anything else that'll affect me.

Just preying that flights are cancelled and all those idiots that went out to show off in Dubai get stuck there 🤞 locked inside and it becomes a living hell 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I work for the NHS down south and can honestly say our hospital is no worse off than it normally is this time of year. We’re always busier in the winter months but the only difference now is that people have covid and not the flu.
We went months and months with not one covid patient. The hospital was emptier than it has ever been and staff were working on empty wards. The media has constantly said we’re overrun because of covid but that definitely not the case in our trust.
Generally the patients dying of covid have underlying medical conditions which have killed them but because they tested positive in the 28 days previously it’s being classed as a covid death. This has probably been mentioned before but I just wanted to mention it incase.
Lockdowns won’t work. We’re not accomplishing anything by going into them. If anything more people are dying from suicide and lack of treatment than they are of covid.
Currently in the department I work for there are over 1000 people needing cancer operations that have previously been cancelled due to covid. That’s just in one department!
Finally, I just want to add, that since March we have had LESS than 90 people pass away from covid and I’m not even sure how many were actually covid deaths and how many already had an underlying medical condition which would have killed them anyway.
It’s so hard to be on board and believe what the government are telling us when our numbers from this are so low, yet they won’t be telling you about the tens of thousands of people who are missing out on treatment that they would have had prior to this situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 34