Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jazyblu

Chatty Member
Remember when the news used to be boring? The house of commons is juicer than early 00s big brother!

• Haha
Reactions: 33

LittleMy

VIP Member
Have to laugh at the people saying shops like B&M aren’t essential. Maybe not to you, but they are to some. Some of my family live in a big council estate who’s only local retail is a small Iceland and a B&M, they are miles away from the nearest supermarket. There are a lot of elderly/vulnerable people in the area who would need to take buses or taxis to the nearest Tesco or Asda. Close B&M and these people would be up shit creek without a paddle. Not every area is as privileged as others. What’s non-essential to one town is everything to another. Think on it. It’s not just about you!

• Heart
Reactions: 31

LittleMy

VIP Member
You can make fun of NS all you like but at least she comes right out with it and is visible. She doesn’t treat people like idiots.

Not happy about the full lockdown (who is?) but at least we know sooner than later here.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Controversial opinion,

there is no point bringing in a stricter lockdown, them key ingredient is missing.

The public buy in and fear.

you can’t force people to give up their freedom this time, there isn’t the appetite for it that we saw in March, there isn’t the weather we saw in March!
the public are jaded, there are so many loopholes to avoid restrictions anyway and those who are worried are in self imposed lockdowns anyway.

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Finally international travel is going to be banned! Now tell all those fucking selfish, pathetic influencers in Dubai they have 48 hours to return or they won’t be allowed back until lockdown finishes (this is what some countries, I.e Poland did at the start of the last lockdown. You have 48 hours to get out, or 48 hours to get back and if you don’t tough!).

SarahGard83

VIP Member
I hate all this speculation. I'd much rather Boris came out and told us all what's happening. At least then you know where you stand

Reactions: 30

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I’d rather have Nicola as my leader over Boris. Also don’t think she’s anti English, more pro Scotland if anything. Us English aren’t used to being put in our place by our neighbours.

Reactions: 30

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I’ve just seen someone on Instagram with a few thousand followers claim that the new covid strain is a result of everyone who took the flu vaccine back in September (lots of people didn’t get it till November but ok). She is basically saying that people were injected with this new strain when they had the flu vaccine. Apparently we are all ‘silly cunts’ for not knowing this so called fact that she pulled out of her arse. These people spread more fear and misinformation than anyone. You have to laugh at the ridiculousness they spout sometimes.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

prinnygrace

VIP Member
I think everyone just has to be sensible! Not jump on everyone for everything! If everyone is just sensible we wouldn’t be in such a mess. Going to get washing powder if you need it is sensible. Going to browse round shops for 3 hours is not. It really isn’t difficult.

jazyblu

Chatty Member
Lockdown announced tonight, nintendo wii coming tomorrow as an early birthday present for my husband as he loves mario kart. Excellent timing. Guess I have plans in January after all.

See you losers on the other side!

• Haha
  • Heart

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Watching Nicola and I would absolutely love a leader that is as clear and concise as she is. I know many won't agree with her decisions but at least you know where you stand with her. Her message is clear and strong and isn't open to misinterpretation unlike Boris.

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
I’m so stressed at the thought of homeschooling again. My job is 9-3 constant teams calls and it’s very full on so I can’t see how I can do both (single parent so no help). My employer was very supportive first time around but my project is so demanding currently I think patience will wear thin.

my son is below where he should be academically to (performing at the year below level) so I can’t see how i can help that either 😭 got such a pit of the stomach feeling.

I know others have it much worse but just need to offload my brain a bit here without other adults to talk to here.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Jamhead

VIP Member
My mum thinks Boris doesn't want to close primary schools because he has so many children 😳🤣

• Haha

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I feel bad moaning about it because I'm fortunate to still have a job, a house with a garden, food on the table and there are people in much worse situations than I am (ie: a flat with no garden, no job, no support etc) but I'm still feeling so apprehensive about what's to come. To say I'm fed up is an absolute understatement, I just want some normality now (I'm sure everyone feels the same). I feel like we're in a constant downward spiral, all I want to do at the moment is lay in bed and cry. I have no motivation because what is there to be motivated for? FFS.

• Heart
  • Sad

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
The lockdown we've had, were not harsh enough.
I propose a 12 month lockdown,
you are only permitted to leave your home once a week to stock up on a single essential box of cheerios,
That you will eat with your hands, from the box, whilst you hide in your underground bunker.

a monthly supply of Hotel Chocolate (essential) will be delivered on the 1st of every month.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
The sad thing is the majority of folk are bored and fed up. If these shops are open then people will go. Same as the idiots flying to warmer climates because the airlines are flying ( note, I’m not saying anyone is an idiot for visiting b&m) The rules and guidelines are so blurred. I can’t get too hot under the collar about someone popping out to get some washing powder. Going on an eight hour flight whilst living in Tier 4 is another level. I think nine months in to this shit show we have all been guilty of making a trip somewhere that wasn’t absolutely necessary. Let’s keep this in perspective.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27