Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #72

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My opinion right now. Could change in an hour šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Lockdowns at this stage are pointless, a lockdown is there to get systems into place, there was a need for one in March, but as this point is going into a strict lockdown going to do anything but cripple an economy thatā€™s already on it knees?
Action needed to be taken in October, September, but now it feels like going into a strict lockdown is like going into a battle youā€™ve been in before knowing youā€™ll get shot.

that made more sense in my head šŸ˜‚

• Wow
Reactions: 13
My sister works in a fairly small supermarket and in the last month several staff members have tested positive. They tried to cover up the first one but obviously people found out. Once it was revealed everyone who had been in close proximity was advised to get a test (even if they had no symptoms) this detected some more positive cases causing about 5 people to be off. Another one has now tested positive a couple of weeks later and they are advising to not get tested this time after the tit show last time. It is so bad how little guidance / support they are being given.
This happened in our local Tesco!

I think once one LA jumps to defy government, others will follow.

Reactions: 8
There is zero social distancing in my child's primary school.
I've just looked on Class Dojo for any information re: tomorrow and was reminded of the Christmas Fun Day photos, where my beautiful baby/pre-teen creature is grinning in complete happiness, but is also squashed up in a line of 30. Shoulder to shoulder.
There's no distancing at our school either. We have a PE teacher that teaches at multiple schools across the academy and they posted pictures of him stood shoulder to shoulder with some of the kids!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
People called for the schools to close in March time last year, once it happened and they realised they had to home school until the summer holidays, many changed their minds and were ā€˜outragedā€™ their children were being denied an education. The same thing will happen this time round.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The one thing I took from Andrew Marr this morning.

Andrew needs a new phone, that iPhone 5s or whatever it is needs to go also is he flicking a matchstick at the camera in that intro? Did we ever find out? canā€™t he be fined for littering? I digress.

Arlene would shag boris on the top of a Union Jack at the drop of an EU hat.

Ok thatā€™s two.

• Haha
People called for the schools to close in March time last year, once it happened and they realised they had to home school until the summer holidays, many changed their minds and were ā€˜outragedā€™ their children were being denied an education. The same thing will happen this time round.
Hmmmm ā€˜outragedā€™ typed like that seems unfair, not having a go at you btw.

itā€™s bleeping hard trying to juggle WFH and childcare, let alone education,
trying to do both to the standard necessary is hard!
I wish more would speak out and say that itā€™s NOT just the childā€™s education, having them off school is impacting so much more,

hence I do see why schools need to stay open until itā€™s absolutely 1000% necessary.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The one thing I took from Andrew Marr this morning.

Andrew needs a new phone, that iPhone 5s or whatever it is needs to go

Arlene would shag boris on the top of a Union Jack at the drop of an EU hat.

Ok thatā€™s two.
Only if the ROI paying for it ,along with the EU healthcards and eramus that they're so kindly funding šŸ¤‘

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Because surely this time we are in a better position to deal with home schooling and a year down the line we have the vaccine roll outs and more testing. I donā€™t think we can compare then to now can we? And hope that we wonā€™t be stuck at home for months on end. That this time if they do it, it will only be a short time šŸ¤ž

I will admit I found it hard homeschooling 2 plus a toddler whilst working from home but there wasnā€™t as much preparation in place from the school or the government. My kids have had to self isolate a few times because of positive cases and it has been a lot better as we have proper work plans/check ins from the school last time round it was just get on with it.

Because surely this time we are in a better position to deal with home schooling and a year down the line we have the vaccine roll outs and more testing. I donā€™t think we can compare then to now can we? And hope that we wonā€™t be stuck at home for months on end. That this time if they do it, it will only be a short time šŸ¤ž

I will admit I found it hard homeschooling 2 plus a toddler whilst working from home but there wasnā€™t as much preparation in place from the school or the government. My kids have had to self isolate a few times because of positive cases and it has been a lot better as we have proper work plans/check ins from the school last time round it was just get on with it.
Possibly , but it should have been easier ( and thatā€™s probably not the right choice of word) in the summer months when we could at least take them outside for longer periods. January is a difficult month for many even pre COVID. Add in homeschooling , extended periods inside and the yo yo effect of tier changes. Itā€™s not going to be any better (IMO) .

Reactions: 7
I was on the phone to my mother the other day (sheā€™s a secretary for a primary school she unfortunately gets all the crappy jobs) she was telling me that parents have been saying that schools need to be open as it teaches kids the basics like ā€œhow to hold a knife a forkā€ like what? My parents taught me that. These teachers arenā€™t babysitters.

My mum has constantly got parents coming into her hatch asking her can they bring so and soā€™s lunch in or they forgot such and such. They donā€™t give a tit about keeping their distance. Or my mum for that matter. Sheā€™s had a call from the deputy head asking if sheā€™s going to protest and not go in. I really donā€™t blame her if she decides not to.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Possibly , but it should have been easier ( and thatā€™s probably not the right choice of word) in the summer months when we could at least take them outside for longer periods. January is a difficult month for many even pre COVID. Add in homeschooling , extended periods inside and the yo yo effect of tier changes. Itā€™s not going to be any better (IMO) .
It's like adding insult to injury ,keeping them away from friends and clubs and then making them do schoolwork aswell šŸ˜‚ mine turns into a spitting divil at the homeschool word šŸ‘æ

Thing is Boris doesnā€™t care about deaths, Iā€™ve said it before I really believe this government are fine with thinning out the population of those who require services and NHS support.

his focus is the economy (still important to keep this as healthy as possible obviously) and Brexit.
The pandemic is just an irritant distracting from that.
And I really do believe underneath it all, trigger warning...

cutting the older population down isnā€™t seen as a bad thing behind closed doors
I completely agree with you, and this is why I could never vote Tory. Far too many of them are like this. ā€˜Me, me, me, Iā€™m alright Jack, sod everyone else etcā€™. I also think Boris is narcissistic psychopath, and so lacks the empathy to give a tit about people dying anyway.

• Heart

Im not sure about the whole let's kills off the elderly and vulnerable as covid is going to create a whole load more of vulnerable. I genuinely believe the current situation is as a result of years of austerity and the fact the current Governement are tit. I think you are giving them too much thought ability there šŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think Iā€™ve said on here before we need a lockdown & I still stand by that. But after being on a certain thread on here about an ā€˜influencerā€™ having a NYE party, I donā€™t think people will stick to it nor are they sticking to tier restrictions. It was a novelty back in March - stay at home etc. So I do wonder what is the way out aside from a vaccine - which is whole other conversation in itself.

The media are thriving on fear, panic & scare. Covid has just highlighted the inequalities our country has had for decades.

Reactions: 13
I think Iā€™ve said on here before we need a lockdown & I still stand by that. But after being on a certain thread on here about an ā€˜influencerā€™ having a NYE party, I donā€™t think people will stick to it nor are they sticking to tier restrictions. So I do wonder what is the way out aside from a vaccine - which is whole other conversation in itself.

The media are thriving on fear, panic & scare. Covid has just highlighted the inequalities our country has had for decades.
I agree, people just arenā€™t listening! Folk are still meeting and going round each others houses, the government asked people to travel for work only - yet half of Instagram seem to be away at the moment.
Stricter rules with the army involved / heavier fines is needed to get out of this mess. Itā€™s so frustrating for those who are abiding by the rules, when others are getting away with it.

Reactions: 5

Im not sure about the whole let's kills off the elderly and vulnerable as covid is going to create a whole load more of vulnerable. I genuinely believe the current situation is as a result of years of austerity and the fact the current Governement are tit. I think you are giving them too much thought ability there šŸ˜†
Weā€™ll know for sure if they do a big vacc switch around and decide the OAPs donā€™t need the vaccine as much as they thought and itā€™s better to vacc the younger generation after all... Now that the OAPs have tried it out for them that is šŸ’‰āš 

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.