Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #72

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thing is Boris doesn’t care about deaths, I’ve said it before I really believe this government are fine with thinning out the population of those who require services and NHS support.

his focus is the economy (still important to keep this as healthy as possible obviously) and Brexit.
The pandemic is just an irritant distracting from that.
And I really do believe underneath it all, trigger warning...

cutting the older population down isn’t seen as a bad thing behind closed doors

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Thing is Boris doesn’t care about deaths, I’ve said it before I really believe this government are fine with thinning out the population of those who require services and NHS support.

his focus is the economy (still important to keep this as healthy as possible obviously) and Brexit.

Totally agree, I also know quite a few people who actually support this view (including my neighbour, conversations make me so angry). Those with health issues are seen as a burden and therefore it would it would reduced the costs.

That’s why carehomes were left fend for themselves.

Reactions: 8
Saying to send our kids to school, yet contradicting himself entirely! I don’t think I will be sending mine in either. My mother in law lives with us and I do worry what if the kids will bring it home. We have had two positive cases in my daughters class in the last three months. I don’t understand why some in tier 4 will be shut but others open surely it should be the same all over?

Reactions: 5
Totally agree, I also know quite a few people who actually support this view (including my neighbour, conversations make me so angry). Those with health issues are seen as a burden and therefore it would it would reduced the costs.

That’s why carehomes were left fend for themselves.
Ive said it here before and I know many didn’t agree, it’s why I believe the heard immunity approach had never really been dropped, not completely, hence the slow move to take action when any information was received

• Sad
Reactions: 9
The Tier system has made things worse, not better. The rules for each Tier should be consistent across the country. If you can’t go to school in a London Tier 4 why is ok in another other part of the country. They need to be Marie Kondo’d.

Reactions: 20
Whos sat waiting for a message from thier kids schools about next week... cause i am!

Reactions: 12

I've been saying this all along. Those that don't contribute to the economy, be that pensionable age, benefit claimants and to a certain degree school children(due to Boris not being able to see further than the tip of his nose), are all expendable.

Reactions: 6
I've been saying this all along. Those that don't contribute to the economy, be that pensionable age, benefit claimants and to a certain degree school children(due to Boris not being able to see further than the tip of his nose), are all expendable.
Hmm, I don’t add kids into this because they really aren’t at risk from the virus like the elderly and vulnerable, and moves have been made to keep them in education regardless of the impact,
if you were into a good bat tit theory it’s the perfect way to thin out the population, survival of the fittest and all that.

Reactions: 6
Whos sat waiting for a message from thier kids schools about next week... cause i am!
My youngest has an inset day tomorrow, so I am fortunate to not be in a blind panic, just yet. But yes, waiting to hear from them. Whilst older 2 secondary kids continue at home doing online learning 🤷‍♀️ I did say they would u turn Sunday night, so there is still time. Plus the NEU have their online meeting at 11am.

Hmm, I don’t add kids into this because they really aren’t at risk from the virus like the elderly and vulnerable,
if you were into a good bat tit theory it’s the perfect way to thin out the population, survival of the fittest and all that.
I agree, survival of the fittest(Boris should have been eliminated ages ago if we use that criteria 😆). But I do believe Boris has no foresight to see today's kids are tomorrow's nurses,doctors, teachers and carers looking after him in his nursing home in years to come!

We need a strict lockdown and curfew and we need it now. All this tier nonsense is absolute bullshit. Places need to be made to close/run (an actual) essential service.

ETA would a strict circuit breaker every month or two weeks be helpful.

Reactions: 13
The Tier system has made things worse, not better. The rules for each Tier should be consistent across the country. If you can’t go to school in a London Tier 4 why is ok in another other part of the country. They need to be Marie Kondo’d.
It makes no sense because county borders are not real borders. People cross them all the time, frequently without even realising.

Reactions: 11
Agreed. At what point does slightly less severe tier 4 become more severe tier 4?

Ive said it here before and I know many didn’t agree, it’s why I believe the heard immunity approach had never really been dropped, not completely, hence the slow move to take action when any information was received
100%.

They give no shits about the elderly and vulnerable once you scratch below the performative veneer. Not only are the elderly a drain on resources, they don’t input labour into the market and some clinging on to their lives are also stopping the government from getting their hands on a goldmine of inheritance tax.

Same can be said for the physically vulnerable.

And the “underclass” have always been derided. Likely to be picked off by corona because of poverty induced unhealthy habits and poor education.

Meanwhile everything being done to ensure the rest of the population keep spending.

Happy days for the Tories.

Reactions: 14
Be interesting in a few years to see if the amount government spends on state pension decreases because of the amount if over 65's dying?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.