Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #72

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We need a strict lockdown and curfew and we need it now. All this tier nonsense is absolute bullshit. Places need to be made to close/run (an actual) essential service.

ETA would a strict circuit breaker every month or two weeks be helpful.
I mentioned it yesterday but I honestly don’t think any future lockdowns will make that much difference. Generally there is no accountability for rule breaking, people are confused and fed up of the constant changing of the rules and tiers. The world cannot simply just shut down, it’s not that easy when humans are involved.

Reactions: 10
Agreed. At what point does slightly less severe tier 4 become more severe tier 4?
They won't even provide the criteria or evidence for why some area are tier 3 or 4.
We rising tier 3 with same or higher rates than tier 4.
I see Liverpool calling for lockdown.

Old people offered vaccine 1st
However they may get vaccine cocktail and doses given 2 far apart making different.
Its working age people that build the economy and hes not making them a priority at all.

Reactions: 5
Iagree, survival of the fittest(Boris should have been eliminated ages ago if we use that criteria 😆). But I do believe Boris has no foresight to see today's kids are tomorrow's nurses,doctors, teachers and carers looking after him in his nursing home in years to come!
In spite of popular belief because of power grabbing via Brexit, Boris is and always has been a big fan of immigration. Take advantage of other nations’ education and growth of a functioning labour market. Then utilise them on minimum wage with comparatively little employment rights as “home grown”.

Reactions: 3
I mentioned it yesterday but I honestly don’t think any future lockdowns will make that much difference. Generally there is no accountability for rule breaking, people are confused and fed up of the constant changing of the rules and tiers. The world cannot simply just shut down, it’s not that easy when humans are involved.
Seems to work in other places! I don't want a state police force, but the leniency makes me so mad!

Reactions: 2
My sister works in a fairly small supermarket and in the last month several staff members have tested positive. They tried to cover up the first one but obviously people found out. Once it was revealed everyone who had been in close proximity was advised to get a test (even if they had no symptoms) this detected some more positive cases causing about 5 people to be off. Another one has now tested positive a couple of weeks later and they are advising to not get tested this time after the tit show last time. It is so bad how little guidance / support they are being given.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Boris is an absolute clown and his hair continues to infuriate me. How on earth can he say schools are safe? Absolutely no care what so ever for school staff or people that kids will pass the virus too. And it’s all well and good saying minimal risk to kids, a few people I know whose young kids have had it they have said their kids were very ill for minimum 2 weeks, some up to 4 weeks being extremely unwell. I do not want my child to ever go through that. He was hospitalised with croup a few years ago and couldn’t breathe it was so scary. Received an email from school 2 days ago saying all children expected in and they’ve tightened their procedures etc but it’s inevitable bubbles will be closing. My sons school closed on 7th Dec due to multiple positive cases, I really do not believe it’s safe 😔. My son has a full time 1:1 so requires very close contact with multiple staff, not fair on him or the staff and he has absolute no awareness about germs ie he licks the trolley and lays on the floor when I take him to a supermarket 🤦🏻‍♀️. Also teachers will not want to refuse to go in like they’ve been advised because they know full well it will go against them and leave the other staff and children in a crappy situation. I believe Boris wants his hand to be forced so he cannot be blamed for school closures. Plus they want Primaries open for childcare purposes, anyone who believes the gov actually care about our children’s lives and education are very naive. I’m so stressed with all this and I feel so bad for school staff

Reactions: 12
There is zero social distancing in my child's primary school.
I've just looked on Class Dojo for any information re: tomorrow and was reminded of the Christmas Fun Day photos, where my beautiful baby/pre-teen creature is grinning in complete happiness, but is also squashed up in a line of 30. Shoulder to shoulder.
Of course, that happy face gives me some joy, but if that's safe why can't I have a cup of tea with my mum and dad? Or get my brother to ditch teams for an hour and go out for a full English?
Or, is it that it isn't safe really but parents need to be out working and there's no one else to prop the system up than schools, no matter who dies or becomes permanently disabled in the process?
That's rhetorical tattlers, I know the answer.

Reactions: 21
They say that there is no evidence yet that the Tier4 system works.
So how can they say that schools are safe - where is the evidence for that?

• Heart
I feel like the government are really taking a divide and conquer approach to how they run the country, especially with their handling of the pandemic. Drip feeding us information through the press rather than be transparent and honest throughout, frequent U-turns etc. The way I see it; they want to make money-(Dido Harding, anyone?) not invest it into education, healthcare and other public services so we're not in the tit to begin with. Before the pandemic healthcare was already on it's knees more or less every winter, and there were teachers at my school and probably many others who bought classroom supplies out of their own wages. I don't know where I'm going with this tbh. I just think that in a way all of this means that we are all disposable to the government- especially if you're economically inactive i.e. elderly and/or living with a disability or health issues. It's so difficult to have hope at the moment. I really feel for those working in the NHS and education, as well as parents.
I wonder how we'll look back on this time period in years to come.

I’ve not been tested routinely once . I’m sorry no flimsily apron and a surgical mask is going to help stop anyone catch it if your in close contact for a prolonged period . I do agree teachers should have to wear ppe and masks , and should get the vaccine ASAP also like I said it will take a team to get through this . And if they strike who will watch key worker children ?
Thank you for saying it. The PPE we have as healthcare workers is just that; flimsy, and cheap. I agree with everything you said, as much as I feel sorry for the teachers.

Reactions: 8
I really do worry about schools. My mum works in a school and my Dad is classed as vulnerable and has to shield. There must be so many in similar situations. I know it’s such a tough situation and kids need school and normality but I just hope they will do the right thing for everyone’s safety.

For the person who said above that lockdowns aren’t working I disagree. You are always going to get selfish people not sticking to it but most people I know are being really sensible about it.

It’s my 30th birthday on Sunday I was naive to think months ago that we would be back to normal by now 🤣 just feel like we’ve maybe got a couple of months maybe 3 tops to get through and then once we get into spring things will get significantly better 🤞🏼

Edit he had to shield he isn’t shielding now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.