Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As much as my son says he hates school,
If they close again I don’t know how he’d cope. Back 2 weeks and he’s almost back to his old self. His mental health really suffered in lockdown.

I’m also pregnant so my anxieties about giving birth are through the roof at the moment. I’m not due until January but I’m still stressing already 😫

• Sad
Reactions: 11
That is interesting... Not what is happening here. In fact, they are stopping asymptomatic tests as out of 233,000 in the province, only 140 came back positive - they think that the "asymptomatic" people actually had some type of symptom.
There is a difference between asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic though. Asymptomatic is no symptoms at all. Pre-symptomatic means you have the virus but it can take 7+ days to show the symptoms, meanwhile, you are contagious when symptoms are not yet present.
It’s early days still but I’ve read that the number could be anywhere from 40% to 80% with no symptoms but of course they could be pre symptomatic (I would have thought they had checked that before making such public statements though).

Where are you? This may be different depending on the strain of the virus too!

Reactions: 1
Hopefully schools remain open and that's coming from someone with no kids at school. Can't see why they would keep bars / restaurants / non essential shops open over giving kids an education and of course social interaction. My son is only 2 but he's definitely suffered from lack of social interactions and it's just sad to think of a whole generation of kids being deprived

Reactions: 12
Gahhhh it’s so selfish but the idea of no inside household mixing makes me want to cry, I’ll go without seeing anyone but it means once again not being able to see my boyfriend for a potential unknown amount of time and this time heading into a winter where we won’t even want to see each other outside

Reactions: 3
That is interesting... Not what is happening here. In fact, they are stopping asymptomatic tests as out of 233,000 in the province, only 140 came back positive - they think that the "asymptomatic" people actually had some type of symptom.
There is a difference between asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic though. Asymptomatic is no symptoms at all. Pre-symptomatic means you have the virus but it can take 7+ days to show the symptoms, meanwhile, you are contagious when symptoms are not yet present.
Didn't Hancock say something about re-infection that the secondary infection was different to the first symptomatic infection the follow up tests show an asymptomatic response,maybe that's what the quote means?

Back in the beginning I was all for schools closings and was going to pull my two out the day before closures were officially announced.
I now feel the complete opposite and that schools must stay open above everything else. They need that social interaction. My son is like a different child since going back and my daughter is loving seeing her friends. It would break them if they closed

Reactions: 20
Gahhhh it’s so selfish but the idea of no inside household mixing makes me want to cry, I’ll go without seeing anyone but it means once again not being able to see my boyfriend for a potential unknown amount of time and this time heading into a winter where we won’t even want to see each other outside
I remember us both being upset about not seeing our boyfriends in the first lockdown. Hopefully tomorrow doesn’t stop it again for us😩 I’m not sure I’d stick to the rules if we can’t see each other.. he’s such a rock for my MH that I’d be tempted to break rules to see him (providing no £10,000 fine🤣🤣)

It’s early days still but I’ve read that the number could be anywhere from 40% to 80% with no symptoms but of course they could be pre symptomatic (I would have thought they had checked that before making such public statements though).

Where are you? This may be different depending on the strain of the virus too!
I am in Canada.

I remember us both being upset about not seeing our boyfriends in the first lockdown. Hopefully tomorrow doesn’t stop it again for us😩 I’m not sure I’d stick to the rules if we can’t see each other.. he’s such a rock for my MH that I’d be tempted to break rules to see him (providing no £10,000 fine🤣🤣)
me too! I found it so supportive to have you through the whole thing (weird I know!!) But I’m exactly the same and I’m now going into the office full time so will be seriously contemplating breaking the rules to see him if it’s safe for me to work... but yeah I love him but £10,000 maybe a bit too much ha ha

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Back in the beginning I was all for schools closings and was going to pull my two out the day before closures were officially announced.
I now feel the complete opposite and that schools must stay open above everything else. They need that social interaction. My son is like a different child since going back and my daughter is loving seeing her friends. It would break them if they closed
fully agree, they’re like different kids.
schools should be the last thing to shut imo.

The ignore button is great for certain people on this thread 🥱🥱🥱
true, but I think when people are antagonising a thread part of me wants to know why 🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
me too! I found it so supportive to have you through the whole thing (weird I know!!) But I’m exactly the same and I’m now going into the office full time so will be seriously contemplating breaking the rules to see him if it’s safe for me to work... but yeah I love him but £10,000 maybe a bit too much ha ha
Me too!! I think us dating people are forgotten and people assume you can move in together which isn’t the case! My boyfriend and I are both working from home still so very minimal risk to each other. I’d struggle going through months not seeing him again. Might just drive to his house to test my eye sight 🧐🤨

• Haha
Reactions: 11
my spider senses and your posts tell me you don’t want schools open.....😆
kids need school,
we need to do everything we can to keep them open and safe.
You are correct, I’m sticking out like a sore thumb because most people on this thread would like them to stay open to keep their “sanity”.
I’m thinking back to the time when I was in high school and college and there is no way social distancing would work there and in my opinion it’s the one of the main reasons the cases are rising.
Also I previously mentioned that Finland schools have such small hours of school work and they are one of the best obviously interacting with their friends is important but unfortunately it’s something that will have to be explained to them that it has to happen to keep safe and the sooner restrictions are imposed the sooner we can get back to normal, i don’t see the point of yawning and waiting for cases to reach 10,000+

You are correct, I’m sticking out like a sore thumb because most people on this thread would like them to stay open to keep their “sanity”.
I stopped reading here because you clearly don’t have kids if you feel this is the reason.........
if you really think that’s the reason people believe their kids should be in school you need to shake your head.
I won’t entertain this conversation with someone who feels that way.

benefit of the doubt do you have kids in your family?

Reactions: 15
Me too!! I think us dating people are forgotten and people assume you can move in together which isn’t the case! My boyfriend and I are both working from home still so very minimal risk to each other. I’d struggle going through months not seeing him again. Might just drive to his house to test my eye sight 🧐🤨
i think it’s a bit about weighing up risks and my mental health is only just back to normal I can’t imagine having to go through this again!! Hopefully it won’t get to that but I really fear it’s going that way:cautious: Good plan with the eye testing 😂😂

Reactions: 2
Fellow person who’d be separated from their bf again in lockdown. I live with my little boy so not completely alone but I’d miss adult conversation.

Fellow person who’d be separated from their bf again in lockdown. I live with my little boy so not completely alone but I’d miss adult conversation.
Join our little club!! I live with family so not alone but not the same:censored: I’m so hopeful for us all we at least have a bit more time

• Heart
If people don't follow the instructions, this will continue to happen, like the crowds going to blackpool, we will remain in lockdown.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.