Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nobrains

Yet he’s 18. No he refuses to pay his way, he said I’m not paying to live here with these restrictions. He is furloughed currently. He’s acting like he’s 13. God it’s hard work. I’m exhausted with it, it’s flared up my chronic health issues and caused a huge relapse with my anxiety disorder. I have ptsd due to being assaulted by a male family member 8 years ago. I can’t deal with aggression from men. This has all caused so many problems and I just wish this year was over 😢

Thank you.

As a mum I’m terrified of him moving out. He’s threatened to go to my mum. I don’t speak to my mum. My brother assaulted me 8 years ago and my mother and sisters who are also very aggressive threw abuse at me for 2 years as police were involved in the assault. When I refused to forgive my brother my mum cut me out of the family.We don’t speak to my extended family as they’re extremely violent and damaging, my son lately has threatened to move in with my mum and my extended family knowing how much that would hurt me. I’ve moved on from it, I was diagnosed with ptsd abad anxiety after the assault and had therapy which worked wonders. I’ve my own lovely family but these last 2 months have been awful and triggered my anxiety all over again living with him being aggressive. My family are so loving and caring, we’ve stuck together through everything and now this has tore us apart. My other 2 children are so down loving with their brother like this.

I’m always so kind to him and try to get him to calmly understand but he’s not headed and lashes out. I can’t win. I let him go to driving lessons, meet his gf once a week, see friends outdoors for walks and football. It’s never enough and he refuses to listen to his bad Boris has said things are getting again.

Sorry this got so long. I’ve had such a hard night and I just wanted to make sure I was right that if his gf county is in lockdown she’s not allowed to be mixing with others as that’s what I read and my friend said it’s accurate but she and my son said I’m lying.
I'm sorry for all you've been through and your situation with you family but I have to say your son sounds like an obnoxious brat! He is an adult and he knows how he behaves makes you feel,I would have never tret or made my mum feel like he does with you. Quiet honestly, if it was my son I would tell him to go but not come back until he grows up. If his girlfriend and her parents love him so much and think it's all fine maybe they would like the pleasures of his company for the forseeable future. Ugh I am genuinely angry for you and would love to give him a piece of my mind 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

JLXRD

VIP Member
That felt balanced which was good - only caught the end but I’m glad Whitty acknowledged that the economy does also have an effect on health long term as lots of people want to deny that.

Pom Bear

VIP Member
I haven't commented for a while (April last) but I think we all need some of these lol 🤭...
If I take one capsule..it should last the next six months 😄

Resizer_16007939321700.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart

SarahGard83

VIP Member
I'm having 7 for Christmas. I know that technically it's not allowed and I will and have followed all the other rules but I can't leave one parent on their own.

hnoz

VIP Member
Lockdowns only delay the virus, they don't defeat it. "Flattening the curve" doesn't mean less deaths, it just means more or less the same amount of deaths but over a longer period; hence the initial reason for a lockdown was to avoid overwhelming the NHS.

The NHS can cope now. It has hundreds of unoccupied beds plus the empty Nightingale hospitals. We also now have drugs such as dexamethasone and remdesivir that can reduce both the severity and mortality rate of the virus. There really is very little to fear from catching Covid-19 now.
The nhs can cope now because the infections are relatively low, however they are rising in every area of the country and currently doubling every 7 days or so. If they rise to the levels that they double every 3 days, as they did in spring then the NHS very quickly will not be able to cope.

It is about being proactive rather than reactive.

Plus the hospital admissions today are based on the number of cases weeks ago, and the number of deaths today based on the infections weeks before that. We don’t see the effect of our numbers right now until around mid October. If you wait until the nhs is already overwhelmed you’re already too late as admissions and deaths will still climb for weeks to come.

Last edited:

openbook1

VIP Member
Ffs! Family member kicking off about having to wear a mask at work now. Said she can't breath in recycled air and it'll make her really poorly.
I've been wearing a mask since April and have been fine, funny that. Can't stand people making up excuses as to why they can't wear one.

Lucyloulucy

Chatty Member
Didn’t know how to respond to the poll. This thread really helped me in the early days, actually up until recently, but it feels divisive and stresses me out. I don’t feel I can share as much, but that’s ok, I will keep reading for now because it is still some help.
Me too. I found the early pages of this thread a huge support when my dad was in ICU, now he’s died it’s a totally different response. It’s definitely not always a positive place to be, and people could be kinder sometimes. I’ve muted the few who I’ve seen to be outright bullies.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16

VIP Member
You people are not going to believe this, I can't take this article seriously, it's totally bonkers on every level.

How can ANYONE ban you from smoking in your OWN FUCKING HOME???

How will this be enforced?

What next? no sex, no wanking?

• Haha

memoii11

VIP Member
Didn’t know how to respond to the poll. This thread really helped me in the early days, actually up until recently, but it feels divisive and stresses me out. I don’t feel I can share as much, but that’s ok, I will keep reading for now because it is still some help.
I agree with you. I used to come here to get reassured but the scaremongering from a few is putting me off at the moment. Hope you're ok x

• Heart

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
if his gf county is in lockdown she’s not allowed to be mixing with others as that’s what I read and my friend said it’s accurate but she and my son said I’m lying.
You are correct and he is wrong. You can find the current regulations for Merseyside here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/north-west-england-local-restrictions#affected-local-areas

Your son is being a dick, but he’s an adult so you can’t exactly force him to do anything.

If it were me I would try to speak to him reasonably one more time, explaining to him that his behaviour is unacceptable and that in order to protect yourself and your younger children, if he decides to (knowingly) break the rules (and more importantly act aggressively towards you making you feel unsafe), then he should indeed contact your Mum and request to live there for the foreseeable. Basically call his bluff. Do you think your Mum will welcome him with open arms and he’ll have a brand new amazing life without you? Nope I don’t think so either.....

From what you’ve said he is aggressive and rude and knows exactly the impact he is having. He is old enough to know better and it sounds like he throws the threat of siding with your estranged family around to hurt you. I suspect that they might not be as keen as you think to welcome him and the grass isn’t greener! Particularly if he continue to act like as big a dick as he sounds right now. He will quickly realise that he’s made a mistake. Make it very clear that you love him and he is always welcome back to your family home on the understanding that he is polite, respectful, and sticks to the very well publicised and legally enforceable rule of law in this country!

I think most of all you would really benefit from having some more confidence in your parenting, your absolute right to feel safe in your own home, and the knowledge that you deserve the respect and a higher degree of deference from your son. 😘

hnoz

VIP Member
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation handed him $40million for malaria research. He’s in Bill’s pocket.
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation gave The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine £40 million to fund malaria research.
It wasn't in any way a payment TO Chris Whitty, there is a very clear difference.

• Haha
  • Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
I haven’t posted in a long time but things look like they are getting out of hand again and I cannot do another lockdown 😰 I’ve only just started counselling and CBT for how badly my mental health was affected last time. I had a major breakdown and I cannot stand the thought of not being able to see my best friend or parents again. I feel like my heart is breaking. I hate this 😭
Try and stay calm, we are not there yet x

hopefully CBT can continue, can you bubble with your parents or do you live with a partner?

I will be honest, if it is going to harm your mental health, even if you’re not a single household, I would form a bubble with either your best friend or parents and only see them if a ban on households mixing comes in. I know it’s not strictly allowed but honestly, at the expense of any progress you may have made in CBT the risk seems minimal.

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Surely given all the scientific evidence put to us today Boris will have to do more than just close thr pubs at 10pm? It won't deter people. They'll just go out earlier or go and get pissed at someone's house instead

xoxo GG

VIP Member
I feel the same. I’ve not voted because it used to feel supportive, now it’s almost ‘cliquey.’ I still keep up to date but don’t find myself bothering to share stuff I’ve found/what I think as much X

• Sad

Tublet83

VIP Member
Oh right, Still though 3,500+ children infected this week 🙁 I don’t want this fake tweet to become someones reality...
Has any child fallen seriously ill since schools went back in Scotland a month ago? I’m sure if there had been it would have been all over the news.

Im more concerned about my children missing out on their education.