Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im feeling bit lame and unprepared.
I brought 1 Halloween decoration and 3 bath bombs for kids stockings in home bargains yesterday.
I was waiting black friday purchase a few things.
Kids have 100 budget each plus stupidly said i would buy them a Nintendo switch..
I am worried about money if we lock down again.

This all or nothing with education seems daft when schools have alternative provision.
I googled over 2.8million senior age kids in the whole uk all 4nations.
Combine that with teachers and staff.
The sheer amount that use trains and buses to get to school.
Lets try putting senior schools on virtual until after half term until testing can recover i feel have more impact than closing pubs at 10.

Also in spain all kids 6plus wear masks.
Many European countries start school later and have smalller classes.
I worry about the older school buildings with portacabin classrooms my sons classroom is a old terapins hot in summer cold in winter.

Sorry, I probably shouldn’t have posted that. I didn’t mean to panic people. It’s probably nonsense 🤞
It’s nothing I hadn’t already figured out, honestly I’m expecting it right now don’t worry xxx

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Did anyone watch David Attenborough's extinction? They believe that pandemics like this will become a regular occurrence with up to 5 a year (I think that's what he said) it's all due to us making animals extinct through deforestation etc. Basically we are killing the large animals who keep the diseased rats/bats under control so the diseases get out of hand and cause pandemics in the human population.

Basically mankind are going to destroy the earth and everything on it eventually.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
People talking about Christmas makes me panic for some reason 🤣🤣 I might start my shopping soon. Thankfully no kids and not a big family so not loads to buy but think I’m going to be out of a job soon so money will be tight. What a crappy year eh? Also just ignore the lame troll from last night obviously enjoyed getting reactions out of everybody. I know there are idiots out there like that but I think most of us want to do what we can to help and stick to the rules.

Reactions: 11
I don't even know why people are panicking about buying things for christmas, it seems just as pointless as panicking about food. Online shopping exists with next day delivery, you are always going to be able to buy what you need. No need to panic, rush out and fill a load of stockings in September unless thats how you usually do it!

Also I'm starting to think we should put a ban on people listing the grocery/household items they are "stocking up on", all it does it add to the panic and shortages. Don't brag about it online, you're literally causing the problem. 🙈

Reactions: 20
Sorry, I probably shouldn’t have posted that. I didn’t mean to panic people. It’s probably nonsense 🤞
Surely they cant shut hairdressers and beauticians again it will cause thousands of people to have no money - i know my beautician is saying it will take her 6+ months to make up for lockdown losses another ban would ruin her business:(:( such awful times

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Surely they cant shut hairdressers and beauticians again it will cause thousands of people to have no money - i know my beautician is saying it will take her 6+ months to make up for lockdown losses another ban would ruin her business:(:( such awful times
The hair and beauty industry are considered ‘high risk’ (despite us wearing a tit load of PPE!) like pubs/restaurants etc, I honestly do think we will be told to stop working after the pubs, I just hope they have some form of furlough for people because I can’t go another 3 months without a payment! X

Im sorry but people doing this causes the problem. Is there any need?
I always bulk buy toilet roll (cheaper!) sonits not unusual for us, I do agree panic buying won’t help at all, just carry on as normal x

Reactions: 3
I’ve avoided that thread so far 😎 I love a good theory but my tolerance of bat crazy is currently zero. I now have to choose between Bake Off and BoJo so I ain’t happy today. One little glimmer of escapism stolen 😒
Both recipe's for disaster ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I've done my kids Christmas shopping, only because if I have another flare up of this mystery illness I can't put myself on the toilet and even clicking on the Internet is effort.
I haven't done the adults yet, primarily because I'm not the secret millionaire and also because adults can grow up a bit and understand that if i can't wipe my arse, the Molton Brown bubble bath for someone else's arse isn't a priority 😉😂
Food and toilet roll are just normal amounts that we have every week. Nothing to see here, no smash and grabs.
Hubby went in Tesco for Ham and cucumber for packed lunches on Sunday and said people were swarming the aisles. Shouting and darting around like the shop.
Wtf?!

this is what scares me with mine, zero social distancing, in there with 18 year olds and my youngest thwt goes there is 11. I didn’t shield for all that time to die now :(
Please don’t blame the older kids, they can’t help how old they are and bear in mind they are preparing for exams that may or may not go ahead, that will likely affect their future in terms of university options/apprenticeships/ability to access employment. Im also a shielding single parent, my daughter is 17, you’d have been in the same boat if this had happened a few years down the line.

I've become a covid complainer!! Went to a local pub on Saturday who previously had done really well with measures. No-one was advising by the one way system and pushing past each other to get through the door and there were large groups sat together (15 in one group at one stage). So I took a photo and sent it to their management saying I didn't feel safe and wouldn't be returning until things change.

Didn't really expect much of a reply but they sent a heartfelt apology, said the group I had pointed out are continually refusing to break into smaller groups so they are all being barred. Then they updated their fb last night to thank everyone for their custom, reminding them of the rules and advising anyone not following them will be asked to leave from now on.

I'm not a complainer but we've been hit very hard by Covid, my Dad spent 17 weeks in hospital, 5 on a ventilator, and is now in a care home receiving intensive physio to come home.

😊
Well done !
I went to a restaurant a couple of weeks ago..not a large place but it could have done with being more spaced and they were already breaking the table of 6 rules before they let a party of 15 p$Ssed young blokes in who then spent the evening getting up n down like yo yos getting near to other tables..
i wouldnt normally complain either but i am going to as we also had covid back in March and was really ill with it !

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Did anyone watch David Attenborough's extinction? They believe that pandemics like this will become a regular occurrence with up to 5 a year (I think that's what he said) it's all due to us making animals extinct through deforestation etc. Basically we are killing the large animals who keep the diseased rats/bats under control so the diseases get out of hand and cause pandemics in the human population.

Basically mankind are going to destroy the earth and everything on it eventually.
I will just go and top myself now 😂

• Haha
Panic buying has started ..front page headlines..
It was so busy in Aldi on Sunday. It's only the second time I've been in a shop since March so not sure if that's how busy it usually is. Loads of pasta, chopped tomatoes, toilet rolls etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.