Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a call from a London hospital today about a cancelled March non urgent operation. They asked if I wanted to go back in the list and I said yes. I was told that I would be sent a COVID-19 test by a courier two days before the operation and that it would be collected by a courier. This would be after self isolating two weeks beforehand. If it’s positive, the operation would be cancelled. I would have to be driven to the hospital by someone, but not in a taxi and collected by someone. If that’s not possible, then hospital transport would be sent for me. These decisions were taken by this hospital about a month ago. Anyone heard anything similar?
My nephew has to get an eye operation they've outlined exactly the same procedure's that you've stated. He gets his test done on Friday..

Reactions: 2
Anything he proposed in comparison to the £500 voucher idea was always going to sound rubbish! I don’t know who the bright spark was who gave that dangling carrot to the media to run with, but I think we would all rather have £500 compared to £10 per person to get a Big Mac. 😂

I also agree that they are hoping we all go out between Monday-Wednesday and get herd immunity achieved faster.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I had a call from a London hospital today about a cancelled March non urgent operation. They asked if I wanted to go back in the list and I said yes. I was told that I would be sent a COVID-19 test by a courier two days before the operation and that it would be collected by a courier. This would be after self isolating two weeks beforehand. If it’s positive, the operation would be cancelled. I would have to be driven to the hospital by someone, but not in a taxi and collected by someone. If that’s not possible, then hospital transport would be sent for me. These decisions were taken by this hospital about a month ago. Anyone heard anything similar?
Yeah they’re doing similar within my trust (not London)

I bet it'll only be valid at really expensive restaurants as well. I just want a burger down my local sizzler

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Can we have a poll on the next thread about who would rather have a 500 quid voucher and who thinks they’ll use the food discount? 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Who can actually afford to eat out at the moment anyway even with this voucher? My husband is still on furlough and we're only just managing to keep our heads above water as it is

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.