Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Heard from where? I honestly doubt this is true, all shops will still have a responsibility to implement
Can you link? The only statement I have seen from Tesco is stating they will still be limiting numbers but might advise people to "queue" while waiting in their cars. Still sounds like a queue system of sorts and not a free for all.
It was on the news on the radio, just caught the end of it and the woman Doing the news report said the staff weren’t happy about it, can’t say I blame them

Reactions: 1
Heard from where? I honestly doubt this is true, all shops will still have a responsibility to implement social distancing, even though it has been reduced to 1m.

My local Aldi has just installed an automated light system so a human doesn't have to man the door. Someone comes out the exit, light goes green at the entrance and doors open. When the light is red the automatic doors don't open.
My aldi has had this since the start. Works really really well.

Reactions: 3
I really need new kitchen window as old one is rotting thats 500 and using small local firm.

Need new oven once again would have used local independent electrical shop.

We want to replace sink tap and worktop kitchen.

We really would have spent it and stimulated the economy.
We large family 6 so eating out expensive
Plus i just dont feel safe enough in indoor environment.

Reactions: 5
Awww man was looking forward to spending 500 pounds.

We are inching closer to Autumn and I can't see the situation going away before the winter colds kick in.

Reactions: 7
I really need new kitchen window as old one is rotting thats 500 and using small local firm.

Need new oven once again would have used local independent electrical shop.

We want to replace sink tap and worktop kitchen.

We really would have spent it and stimulated the economy.
We large family 6 so eating out expensive
Plus i just dont feel safe enough in indoor environment.
Yes I agree there's lots of small firms could avail of these vouchers. I just had a plumber out he runs a small family business he said their business has dropped massively because of the pandemic and might have to close if things don't pick up soon..

• Sad
I know it would help you and many others but if its going on a food shop that isn't going to help the local highstreet. Supermarkets and online shops have done well out of this crisis and its not them that need a cash injection.
Yes it would, it would help local butchers, greengrocers etc.

Reactions: 3
Eating out is the last thing on my mind, given we have a 1 year old, work, nursery etc. Maybe my husband and I will take turns to go out and dine alone. Now I think about it, that sounds ideal - sign me up!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
LBC is a good listen at the moment. There are lots of people calling in to react to the mini budget. Lots of people are very upset.

LBC is a good listen at the moment. There are lots of people calling in to react to the mini budget. Lots of people are very upset.
What about? The lack of the nonsensical £500 shopping voucher?

Or more seriously, the continued lack of any proper help for the 3million forgotten freelancers?

Reactions: 1
It is true I just saw it online ..It's to do with the bad weather coming in they're talking of a traffic light system where people could be told to wait in their car as one of the many things they're going to be trialing..
Gosh, the UK brands are really feeble, lol. When Covid first started here and we were having to line up when the queues were huge, it was -20/30 and snow.

• Wow
Reactions: 2

Or more seriously, the continued lack of any proper help for the 3million forgotten freelancers?
The latter and also about the fact that there is again no help for Limited Company Directors.

Reactions: 4

I've only been half listening but someone called in who runs an events company and pointed out that for them its not about incentive to get back up and running, there's just no demand for their business. He'd unfurlough in an instant, but can't because there's no work 🤷🏼‍♀️

Eating out is the last thing on my mind, given we have a 1 year old, work, nursery etc. Maybe my husband and I will take turns to go out and dine alone. Now I think about it, that sounds ideal - sign me up!
I’ll come with you 😂 mums in silence eating out committee 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yes it would, it would help local butchers, greengrocers etc.
If people shop there. I saw a few people on facebook want to spend it at Tesco and amazon to get the most of their money. They aren't going to use it against a more expensive butchers!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.