Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just heard all supermarkets are stopping there queues from tomorrow so it’s just a free for all now

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I’m glad we don’t have the shopping vouchers tbh, I know it sounds stupid but I dread to think what the long term effects of all this are gonna be so anything that doesn’t need to be given shouldn’t be?

Reactions: 6
I’m glad we don’t have the shopping vouchers tbh, I know it sounds stupid but I dread to think what the long term effects of all this are gonna be so anything that doesn’t need to be given shouldn’t be?
So I am, I am surprised people really thought it would happen. I saw a lot of people hoping they could buy a new washing machine or towards a new car. That isn't going to help the local coffee shop keep afloat.

Reactions: 4
I'd love to know where they're pulling all these billions from ,did Trump give them a backhander🤔

A voucher to spend on the high street for essentials would help me and my family out much more than a bloody half price meal! I’d rather have a bit of help to buy my weekly shop than waste money on a meal out atm!

People are really struggling!
I know it would help you and many others but if its going on a food shop that isn't going to help the local highstreet. Supermarkets and online shops have done well out of this crisis and its not them that need a cash injection.

Reactions: 9
So I am, I am surprised people really thought it would happen. I saw a lot of people hoping they could buy a new washing machine or towards a new car. That isn't going to help the local coffee shop keep afloat.
Exactly. I can’t understand how people moan about things opening to kick start the economy and then also want a free hand out To go on something that won’t help either 🤷🏻‍♀️
Everyone feels like we’re owed something and I don’t think that’s the case at all.

I know it would help you and many others but if its going on a food shop that isn't going to help the local highstreet. Supermarkets and online shops have done well out of this crisis and its not them that need a cash injection.
But families that couldn't afford to eat out before the pandemic are sure as hell not going to start now..

Reactions: 5
But families that couldn't afford to eat out before the pandemic are sure as hell not going to start now..
I never said the restaurant vouchers were a good idea either, but giving people £500 (or whatever amount) to spend how they please isn't going to help those small local businesses who are going to go under.

Just heard all supermarkets are stopping there queues from tomorrow so it’s just a free for all now
Heard from where? I honestly doubt this is true, all shops will still have a responsibility to implement social distancing, even though it has been reduced to 1m.

My local Aldi has just installed an automated light system so a human doesn't have to man the door. Someone comes out the exit, light goes green at the entrance and doors open. When the light is red the automatic doors don't open.

Reactions: 5
That rules my area out then if it’s only the big chains, we don’t have any big chain restaurants here only small independents
That's the same here, we'd have to drive into a bigger town rather than the local towns. It's not going to help the independent pubs and restaurants

I never said the restaurant vouchers were a good idea either, but giving people £500 (or whatever amount) to spend how they please isn't going to help those small local businesses who are going to go under.
The likes of white goods firms and window /building firms could do with those sort of vouchers .Not the likes of clothes shops you obviously wouldn't expect them to kit people out..

Reactions: 3
Scientists are now saying there's evidence the virus is airbourne and this will affect the rules on SD..
Will also effect workplaces. My husband is in a tower block with thousands of people. They were planning people being back by September. They said everyone has to wear a mask on the main work floors. If you have a private office room, you can take it off inside. But now there's worries that the recycled air coming through vents can spread it etc so my husband would have to wear his mask even in his private office.

So what puzzles me about these claims coming now, is if that's the case, why weren't people working in Tesco etc dropping like flies all over the place. They have worked like troopers throughout all of this, and it was a good few weeks at the start of this before any of the supermarkets started getting the perspex screens up around the checkouts etc. And there's shelf stackers and online shopping pickers which many stores have working in the aisles in amongst the public all the time, no perspex screens for them.

So if it is airborne and as contagious as claimed, why aren't there loads of sick supermarket workers everywhere?
I wonder this too. Many supermarket workers still aren't wearing a mask...surely more would be sick?

Who can actually afford to eat out at the moment anyway even with this voucher? My husband is still on furlough and we're only just managing to keep our heads above water as it is
We are managing fine. But my husband is still working full time luckily.

The likes of white goods firms and window /building firms could do with those sort of vouchers .Not the likes of clothes shops you obviously wouldn't expect them to kit people out..
See to me its those small cafes, independent cinemas and theatres not the big multi national companies.

Reactions: 4
See to me its those small cafes, independent cinemas and theatres not the big multi national companies.
There's local family owned firms not just the likes of curry's etc we've got lots of small firms here .I thought the theatres weren't allowed to open for live performances ?

I shared the article to my neighbourhood FB page about how our city may make masks mandatory. Well, now it's up in flames. Many people are ranting about their rights being taken away and how masks decrease oxygen levels etc. Someone said they'd never wear one as they get a panic attack. I said I would rather have a panic attack than get intubated. Some people are so selfish it is unreal.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Heard from where? I honestly doubt this is true, all shops will still have a responsibility to implement social distancing, even though it has been reduced to 1m.

My local Aldi has just installed an automated light system so a human doesn't have to man the door. Someone comes out the exit, light goes green at the entrance and doors open. When the light is red the automatic doors don't open.
Tesco announced it today and when people started complaining they said all supermarkets are from tomorrow 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 2

Ours has had this for a while now. I haven't had to queue much recently and to be honest once you are in it doesn't seem to matter, its been a freeforall in Sainsburys and Asda was crazy!

Tesco announced it today and when people started complaining they said all supermarkets are from tomorrow 🤷‍♀️
It is true I just saw it online ..It's to do with the bad weather coming in they're talking of a traffic light system where people could be told to wait in their car as one of the many things they're going to be trialing..

Reactions: 2
Can you link? The only statement I have seen from Tesco is stating they will still be limiting numbers but might advise people to "queue" while waiting in their cars. Still sounds like a queue system of sorts and not a free for all.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.