Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Scientists are now saying there's evidence the virus is airbourne and this will affect the rules on SD..

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Scientists are now saying there's evidence the virus is airbourne and this will affect the rules on SD..
Bit bloody late people said this months ago. Im glad Ive been wearing a mask from the start.

Reactions: 8
I think the best way to deal with this tit show is do what you feel is best eg wear a mask when the GOV said you didn't need one etc. Basically just ignore the GOV's advice and use your common sense.

Reactions: 10
So when’s Rishi going to be announcing he’s giving me this free money then? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Hillingdon Hospital in West London has closed to emergencies due to an outbreak of COVID-19.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
So what puzzles me about these claims coming now, is if that's the case, why weren't people working in Tesco etc dropping like flies all over the place. They have worked like troopers throughout all of this, and it was a good few weeks at the start of this before any of the supermarkets started getting the perspex screens up around the checkouts etc. And there's shelf stackers and online shopping pickers which many stores have working in the aisles in amongst the public all the time, no perspex screens for them.

So if it is airborne and as contagious as claimed, why aren't there loads of sick supermarket workers everywhere?

Reactions: 20
I’m just watching PMQs. Apparently within the last day or so, Boris made a remark that care homes had such a high death toll because “too many care homes did not follow the correct procedures”. Did they really have a chance to? At one point in time, people who still had coronavirus were being returned to the care homes and continuing to spread the virus. Kier Starmer is absolutely hammering him on the point. Boris is refusing to apologise for his comment. I think the Government is increasingly tone deaf.

Reactions: 6
I’m just watching PMQs. Apparently within the last day or so, Boris made a remark that care homes had such a high death toll because “too many care homes did not follow the correct procedures”. Did they really have a chance to? At one point in time, people who still had coronavirus were being returned to the care homes and continuing to spread the virus. Kier Starmer is absolutely hammering him on the point. Boris is refusing to apologise for his comment. I think the Government is increasingly tone deaf.
Yes it was in the paper about his comments yesterday.

So what puzzles me about these claims coming now, is if that's the case, why weren't people working in Tesco etc dropping like flies all over the place. They have worked like troopers throughout all of this, and it was a good few weeks at the start of this before any of the supermarkets started getting the perspex screens up around the checkouts etc. And there's shelf stackers and online shopping pickers which many stores have working in the aisles in amongst the public all the time, no perspex screens for them.

So if it is airborne and as contagious as claimed, why aren't there loads of sick supermarket workers everywhere?
I think it meant in small enclosed spaces.

Reactions: 3

Good hygiene ,asymptomatic ,mild colds ?? who knows . There's many different symptoms of it ?

He should be on his knees thanking them for working through with no PPE instead of criticising them for his gov failures .

Reactions: 5
It's bullshit. These care homes are charging £1000 and up A WEEK, in most cases very much more than that. At those rates I'm sorry but they DO have some responsibility. They are private companies and should have had their own massive stocks of proper PPE and good procedures for dealing with infectious diseases already in place, after all they should already be used to preventing outbreaks of flu, norovirus and worse stuff Every Single Year.

As for testing, what was stopping the care homes doing their own testing of new patients on their way in, as hospitals are religiously doing now if you try going to A&E or before you are admitted to any ward. Any testing the care industry is claiming the NHS could or should have done, they could equally have done before letting any new patients mingle with their existing ones, and employed simple isolation for a day or two until results came back. The reality is that the greedy care companies COULDN'T WAIT to get new patients into their beds and care homes so they could start cashing in on as many as possible of those aforementioned £1000+ a week fees!

Good hygiene ,asymptomatic ,mild colds ?? who knows . There's many different symptoms of it ?

He should be on his knees thanking them for working through with no PPE instead of criticising them for his gov failures .
They're private companies, why didn't they have PPE stocks already in place?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It's bullshit. These care homes are charging £1000 and up A WEEK, in most cases very much more than that. At those rates I'm sorry but they DO have some responsibility. They are private companies and should have had their own massive stocks of proper PPE and good procedures for dealing with infectious diseases already in place, after all they should already be used to preventing outbreaks of flu, norovirus and worse stuff Every Single Year.

As for testing, what was stopping the care homes doing their own testing of new patients on their way in, as hospitals are religiously doing now if you try going to A&E or before you are admitted to any ward. Any testing the care industry is claiming the NHS could or should have done, they could equally have done before letting any new patients mingle with their existing ones, and employed simple isolation for a day or two until results came back. The reality is that the greedy care companies COULDN'T WAIT to get new patients into their beds and care homes so they could start cashing in on as many as possible of those aforementioned £1000+ a week fees!

Not all care homes are private, and even if patients were being returned from an NHS hospital to a private care home the NHS has a duty of care to make sure they're returned to a safe environment before they're discharged..

Not all are private and from what I remember the government purchased what PPE was available at the time.

Reactions: 4
Rishi don't let me down,, I need new windows and a shopping trip

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.