Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who can actually afford to eat out at the moment anyway even with this voucher? My husband is still on furlough and we're only just managing to keep our heads above water as it is
A take away's expensive enough never mind a restaurant..I used to be able to do nearly a week's groceries for what my local Chinese charges now for a family of four,prices have definitely shot up..

Reactions: 6
A take away's expensive enough never mind a restaurant..I used to be able to do nearly a week's groceries for what my local Chinese charges now for a family of four,prices have definitely shot up..
My mum and dad treated us to a takeaway a few weeks ago. Dad transferred £15 in to my account but we're a family of 4 so that just about covered the chips 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Can't wait to see the Coronavirus Megahotspots that places like this are going to turn into as everyone rushes there to get their £2.50 dinner :ROFLMAO:

1594212460670.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I assume meal vouchers only valid for eat in as many restaurents offered takeout too.
Actual takeways i guess not valid.

Reactions: 4
My mum and dad treated us to a takeaway a few weeks ago. Dad transferred £15 in to my account but we're a family of 4 so that just about covered the chips 😂😂
Too right ! we may just line up like Oliver Twist.. only 2m apart with the vouchers, and hope they take pity on us 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Honestly as a country we’ve all eaten way too much the last few months (me included) we don’t need to eat anymore 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
If its only valid tues-wed how does he think the restaurants are going to fit everyone in? Id rather have a chinese takeaway thanks to that thread.

Reactions: 5
Say you don’t feel well/have to urgently return home after getting an urgent text/phone call. Ask for food to be put in a doggy bag.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My mum's gutterd about the shopping vouchers. Did anyone actually think that was going to happen?
Another case of the press running away with things before it's announced.

Reactions: 6
I assume meal vouchers only valid for eat in as many restaurents offered takeout too.
Actual takeways i guess not valid.
My understanding is eat out (sit in the restaurant or associated outdoor seating).

You will still pay stamp duty, as it’s only up to 500k that it has been scrapped.
Have they confirmed whether the first 500k is exempt? So on a 550k property you would pay stamp duty on the remaining 50k or is it 501k stamp duty due is applied to the whole amount?

I had a call from a London hospital today about a cancelled March non urgent operation. They asked if I wanted to go back in the list and I said yes. I was told that I would be sent a COVID-19 test by a courier two days before the operation and that it would be collected by a courier. This would be after self isolating two weeks beforehand. If it’s positive, the operation would be cancelled. I would have to be driven to the hospital by someone, but not in a taxi and collected by someone. If that’s not possible, then hospital transport would be sent for me. These decisions were taken by this hospital about a month ago. Anyone heard anything similar?
My father in law is having a hip replacement in the next few weeks. He's not being tested but he is having to self isolate for 2 weeks beforehand.

Reactions: 1
Have they confirmed whether the first 500k is exempt? So on a 550k property you would pay stamp duty on the remaining 50k or is it 501k stamp duty due is applied to the whole amount?
Surely same rules would apply and you would only pay duty on the 50k?

Reactions: 1
My understanding is eat out (sit in the restaurant or associated outdoor seating).

6EB6A6B5-A748-491F-8CAB-ABD9A23CAA42.jpeg

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.