Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes my daughters in Y1. Breaks my heart when shes watching all her pals go to school. She sits at the window and shes like that so and so. Oh here comes ..... then its followed up by her asking when she can go back.

I've started giving her her breakfast in her bedroom so she cant see them.

Yes part time help when your working either 😒.

I know it's to keep them safe but it's IMO it's not good for their mental health.
Yes the kids are bored with no social interaction prison life sucks😑

Reactions: 2
Yes the kids are bored with no social interaction prison life sucks😑
I took mine to see my best friend and her child today (basically my daughters forced best friend 😂). She didnt stop laughing for 2 hours and started crying we we had to come home to give her baby sister some dinner.

Did her a world of good, shes as high as a kite still ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So now it seems like they’re going to say schools CANT go back until September? What? Schools have already opened...?

Or am I missing something but that’s what I’m getting from what I’ve read...

The more I am thinking about the idea this was around before we think the more it would make sense to me.

I've just remembered earlier this year a man who lived in the town I grew up in died of what seemed to be freak pneumonia just after Christmas.

He was a big local personality (used to dj at the local dive club 😎) and though he was quite overweight, it was a big shock as I think he was only late 30s/early 40s. He had a little girl too - very sad.

Looking back things like that now seem like they easily could have been coronavirus.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Is there any news on travelling in July? I can't find anything on google
Jet2 have now cancelled all flights until the 14th July. Not sure if that's on FCO advice, lack of hotel co-operation or just being cautious. I think other airlines will now follow suit

Reactions: 1
I honestly don't see how kids can only go back to school part time come September, how on earth would it work?
If a parent works full time what are they supposed to do with their children whilst they're not at school, especially if they don't have any family support.

Reactions: 3
I honestly don't see how kids can only go back to school part time come September, how on earth would it work?
If a parent works full time what are they supposed to do with their children whilst they're not at school, especially if they don't have any family support.
This is what I don't understand, whilst employers are understanding how long is that going to continue? Also with the furlough scheme ending October I suppose that means they expect people to be back full time by then. Surely not possible with only part time schooling?

They've said the classrooms can't accommodate full classes with SD they're too small..

I do worry about that. My daughter is due to start school and I’m not sure how it will work if she’s only part time. I’ll only be able to work if I can find childcare... hopefully my childminder will be running back up properly by then otherwise I won’t be able to work at all as I’ve got my toddler son too 😖

Feel so stressed atm when I think about the future x

The more I am thinking about the idea this was around before we think the more it would make sense to me.

I've just remembered earlier this year a man who lived in the town I grew up in died of what seemed to be freak pneumonia just after Christmas.

He was a big local personality (used to dj at the local dive club 😎) and though he was quite overweight, it was a big shock as I think he was only late 30s/early 40s. He had a little girl too - very sad.

Looking back things like that now seem like they easily could have been coronavirus.
You live near me don't you on south coast? I know exactly who you are talking about. It is a very small world....I knew him well. I am still devastated. I think it was corona virus. I last saw him the week before xmas and all of us were ill.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My auntie is getting an antibody test next week. She was another who was told she had some kind of pneumonia around Christmas time so it will be interesting to see how the test comes back.

Reactions: 6
It is a very small world....I knew him well. I am still devastated. I always think it was corona virus.
Sorry to hear that - also sorry for mentioning it here - it's definitely a small world, wouldn't have had thought someone might know him (due to the town we mean if we do mean the same person you'll know it is not exactly a big town!). I didn't know him well, (only spoke to him a few times at the local slimming world group back when I used to go) but he was of course very well known and I know many many people from town were shocked by it.

I do worry about that. My daughter is due to start school and I’m not sure how it will work if she’s only part time. I’ll only be able to work if I can find childcare... hopefully my childminder will be running back up properly by then otherwise I won’t be able to work at all as I’ve got my toddler son too 😖

My child minders been back since 1st of June. Shes got no were near the amount of kids she normally has. I'm guessing some people are still working from home or furloughed.

• Sad
Sorry to hear that - also sorry for mentioning it here - it's definitely a small world, wouldn't have had thought someone might know him (due to the town we mean if we do mean the same person you'll know it is not exactly a big town!). I didn't know him well, (only spoke to him a few times at the local slimming world group back when I used to go) but he was of course very well known and I know many many people from town were shocked by it.
No it's fine, I mentioned him in the thread earlier because as soon as the corona virus hit the news I said straight away "that is what he died of".

He was such a great person, it was such a shock. His funeral was just beautiful 💗

My child minders been back since 1st of June. Shes got no were near the amount of kids she normally has. I'm guessing some people are still working from home or furloughed.
Shes working but she said she’s been told the guidance is atm that she can only have children from one household and she’s already got some children from another household whose mum is a frontline worker...
Not sure if that’s the guidance everywhere. But if it stays that way when I have to go back to work, I won’t be able to go back. I’ve got nobody to have them but I’ll also have no money 😭

Our government are having a meeting on Thursday and we'll know shortly what way the childcare is going to work . Our small businesses are opening on Friday people need childcare to go to work.

Shes working but she said she’s been told the guidance is atm that she can only have children from one household and she’s already got some children from another household whose mum is a frontline worker...
Not sure if that’s the guidance everywhere. But if it stays that way when I have to go back to work, I won’t be able to go back. I’ve got nobody to have them but I’ll also have no money 😭
That was the initial guidance, before the 1st of June I believe. Our childminder reopened on the 1st June along with when schools were allowed to reopen. I guess childminders are allowed to do what they feel is safest for them. My youngest returns to childminder next week, but she’s got 3 others in already

I just went to the big shopping centre near me for the first time since all this in my lunch break (needed to go to wilkos) and it was the most bizarre feeling. I used to go there every day as it's next to my office but it was like the first huge reality check, I'm used to tesco etc now.

Majority of shops just shut up and then it being nearly empty, first time I've actually felt like I was living in an apocalypse movie. Not up for it.

That was the initial guidance, before the 1st of June I believe. Our childminder reopened on the 1st June along with when schools were allowed to reopen. I guess childminders are allowed to do what they feel is safest for them. My youngest returns to childminder next week, but she’s got 3 others in already
Mmm maybe it changed. I know she said the guidance was kind of a relief for her as she was hesitant anyway to have other kids given that their parents are frontline.
My work might be opening on the 22nd if the rumours are correct (they’re waiting for Boris to actually give the go ahead) so I could do with knowing if she’ll be available 😖 If not and they want me to return to work idk what I’ll do 😭
I hate the uncertainty of it all

I am in Scotland and have received a letter from the local council. Our schools will be going back 2 days per week in August and have said that due to the distancing required they can only accommodate 40-50% of the kids at the one time. I do know that it’s not just my council who have sent a very similar letter with the same plan.

Obviously as a country we are being slightly more cautious.

if you are currently furloughed I think the scheme is allowing you to go part time and your employer cover 50% of your wage and the government cover 50% to facilitate part time working.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.